[BIO] Golroth of the Nathrezim

Name: Golroth, "The lord of Hate"

Race:dreadlord

Class:Arcanist/Warlock/Warrior

Appearance(true): Golroth, as all dreadlords, has long horns, dead-pale skin, glowing, fiery green eyes and huge, green wings which he can use to fly. He has huge, sharp claws which he relies upon in melee combat.

For protection, he wears crimson-red plate which covers most of his body.

Personality: In the nathrezim's eyes, malice is the ultimate gift. To torment another creature with physical and moral agony offers something superior to happiness or contentment. Golroth is no different: he sees all non-demonic races with burning hatred and would like to see them all wiped out.
    As most dreadlords, he relies on tricks and manipulation rather than direct combat, yet he is a powerful spellcaster and wields his claws as deadly weapons.

Strengths: As most dreadlords, he has powerful psychic powers: he can influence others easily. He is an experienced spellcaster, having mastered the arcane and the fel fire. His summoning skills include invoking Infernal storms, conjuring Doom Guards and even teleporting.

He can also use his wings to fly when teleporting would be unnecesary and gains strength with each oponent he defeats, feasting on a part of their soul.

Weaknesses: Golroth hates defeat: he will do anything to win, thus endangering himself. He is, like most demons, vulnerable to the holy light, thus trying to avoid direct confrontation against paladins and priests.

History: after being "recruited" by Sargeras, Golroth and the majority of other dreadlords were tasked to assist Kil'Jaeden in finding worthy races to join the Legion and destroy all who oposed. Golroth took part in the destruction of many worlds and enjoyed every single part of it.

Story: The first task.
    "Millenia have passed...finaly, THEY see me for what I am: master of manipulation...the bringer of massacres... terror unleashed...evil itself"

"You are to destroy the inhabitants of this world. The means through which you do this, I do not care about them. Unleash the rage of the Legion upon this wretched planet - prove your worth to the Legion."

"Very well.. I will thoroughly enjoy this."

The race living on the planet weren't really a challenge. They lived in peace, yet they were scattered in tribes and deep inside them, Golroth felt fear and anger..

After seeing what corruption the Legion forced the orcs into, Golroth felt that the fastest way to destroy this planet was to turn its denizens against each other.

So he began: he studied the tribes of the planet, what they wore, their activities and what tools they used. He learned many things about them: they were natural talented blacksmiths and engineers. This made him think, a handful of them could become useful, so he decided to not kill them all.

"The biggest tribe will be the first to feel my wrath"

First, he swayed the two biggest tribes, under mortal disguise and through mind manipulation, to hunt together, posing as a veteran hunter. Through his mind manipulation, it was easy.

When out in the woods, he saw oportunity when the two tribe's chiefs went alongside two followers deeper into the woods, searching for a huge talbuk, which in reality was just a phantasm created by the dreadlord.

Getting out of sight, he lurked behind them until they were far enough from the others.

The first fell the two followers: Golroth snuck behind them and killed them, using, for each other, the weapons of the oposing tribe.

The leaders' minds were so attracted to the glory of catching the giant talbuk phantasm, that they never looked behind: they were now deep into the woods, with a terrible demon behind them.

"Now the fun part.."

With a demonic scream- "This marks the beginning of your world's downfall!" the dreadlord emerged in his true form: the leaders were horrified: they never saw anything like it before.

They couldn't even scream as Golroth instantly burned one of them into ash. Golroth then mind blasted the other leader, leaving him uncouscious. He then took a dagger from the other tribesmen and stabbed him into the back, exactly as an unexpected attack would have looked like.

All that he had to do now was sit back and let the events unfold: The other hunters, in the end, found the body and that is where the hell broke loose: they killed each other, thinking the other tribe has betrayed them, since one of the leader was dead, no proof of his demise left, and the other was stabbed.

The mortals did exactly as Golroth had planned: war emerged on this once peaceful land, until only a few lay surviving in the burning ruins of the once tranquil planet.

Then, Golroth appeared before them in his true form: "You are the winners of this bloody war. You have proven that even the most peaceful being takes weapons against the one who threatens him. I offer you salvation: leave this world and embrace true power: you will never feel pain and hate again. You shall walk amongst the strongest beings in the universe and they will admire you, for you are talented craftsmen, and in times of need, formidable warriors. You shall craft machines never thought of before, and your very name shall echo through the Twisting Nether".

The creatures were amazed...and tricked... They followed the dreadlord, only to find themselves enslaved by the Legion: they mutated, becoming Mo'arg and Gan'arg: the engineers, scientists and blacksmiths of the Legion.

With their help, soon came terrifying inventions, such as the Fel Reavers, that spread terror and destruction across planets.

Following his victory, Golroth gained recognision inside the Legion, for he brought what the Legion needed most: they had countless warriors, yet their weapons were rusty and weak. This is where the Mo'arg came in: with their crafting ingenuity, bolstered by the powers they received, the Legion was able to use their talents to enslave many civilisations.

---------

Still a [WIP] feel free to correct any mistakes, constructive criticism is always apreciated.
    Last edited by pateuvasiliu; 2011-08-19 at 12:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    He's a powerful spellcaster, melee fighter, and can manipulate people, his only weakness is the holy light. I'm new but as constructive criticism I'd say you need to give him a few more weaknesses, but then again I roleplay a completely underpowered character so maybe I'm wrong.

Well I don't really know much about dreadlords, and the lack of intel about them on wowpedia isn't helping, so I'd thought I'd go with the obvious .

Thanks though, I'll give it more thought.

Totally back biatches! \o/

* coughs

Back on topic then...

Nathrezim, like Eredar, are tricky to RP as, mainly because they DON'T have too many weaknesses. Like dragons, they are on another level of power than that of mortal characters. Nothing wrong with playing them, just playing them inappropriately. Nathrezim probably won't be used against other playable characters as much and therefore be used in a more... "stand-back-and-watch/command-the-minions" sort of fashion.

Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post
    Totally back biatches! \o/

* coughs

Back on topic then...

Nathrezim, like Eredar, are tricky to RP as, mainly because they DON'T have too many weaknesses. Like dragons, they are on another level of power than that of mortal characters. Nothing wrong with playing them, just playing them inappropriately. Nathrezim probably won't be used against other playable characters as much and therefore be used in a more... "stand-back-and-watch/command-the-minions" sort of fashion.
    Totaly aware of that.

I just keep him handy in case any Burning Legion RP comes along.

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Totaly aware of that.

I just keep him handy in case any Burning Legion RP comes along.
    I say it for everyone's benefit, not necessarily directed at one person :P

And thats why I have me Arilistrasz, he's too powerful for most RP's, but I enjoy playing as him in the few where he's viable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post
    And thats why I have me Arilistrasz, he's too powerful for most RP's, but I enjoy playing as him in the few where he's viable.
    You can always make him become weakened through some magical malady so he can jump in as deus ex machina in case poopy hits the fan and he remembers the Power of Friendship(tm).

Deleted
    he looks quite scary lol

Quote Originally Posted by Cenaria View Post
    he looks quite scary lol
    Well he's a dreadlord, also known as the MindF--- dude. He's supposed to be scary .