15+ Year Old Account

[VIDEO] HEROIC Alysrazor (10-man) - Fire Mage PoV (WoL #42)

Hey everybody,

This is our SECOND kill (unfortunately) of HEROIC Alysrazor (10-man) as a guild.

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tX64eLakrs

Guild: The Machine of Sylvanas-EU (Alliance).

Kill date: 18th of August, 2011.

PoV: Zumzar - Fire Mage. Flying.

WoL from the fight: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/c...?s=8351&e=8970 I ranked #41 of Fire Mages on this encounter in this video, with ~84k dps.

I usually only upload first kills, but my Fraps failed on our first kill last week, so I am uploading this video to complete my Heroic Firelands Mage PoV videos. Overall, an enjoyable encounter, if you can avoid lag and disconnects. It's really all about avoiding Firestorm and Tornados.

Even though most guilds tend to 2-heal this, we choose to 3-heal it, and only have myself flying at any point during the fight. Nevertheless, even with only 5 dps'ers, we still managed to kill it in only 2 nuke-phases.

Personally, I obviously had the role of flying through the rings and getting as much off Alysrazor's HP before the nuke phases. I had reforged into as much Mastery as possible, while remaining hit capped. I think I had around 2300 Mastery, 1100 Haste and 1000 Crit. For trinkets, I used Soul Casket (for it's on-use effect, and passive Mastery) and DMC: Volcano (due to it's high amount of Mastery, and low ICD on the proc)

Another note is that I, for this fight, had Fireball, Pyroblast and Living Bomb bound to mouse buttons, so I could use my fingers, trying to avoid shit and fly through rings. I had also made a macro for removing my "Wings of Flame" (flying) buff after each Firestorm, so I would avoid falling down after grabbing a feather. In the video, it's bound to key 5. Another macro I found useful for this fight, was a simple /target Alysrazor macro, which I had bound to key E in the video. I found this useful for the Tornado phase, where I am trying to avoid Tornados whilst wanting to dps Alysrazor - and after having helped on killing the big adds, I found it rather annoying trying to target Alysrazor again. I'm not saying it's impossible, I just found it annoying

My goal was to use 2x Combustions before the first nuke phase. One very early, and one after having gotten Alysra's Razor buff (75% Crit). My 3rd Combustion would then be used for the first nuke phase, my 4th would be used when I had gotten Alysra's Razor buff again, and my 5th Combustion for the second nuke phase.

Unfortunately, in both nuke phases, I didn't get an Impact proc and our emo Protection Warrior (Tarrían) choose to not drag his mob in close to Alysrazor, for Combustion spread. Either way, the Combustion spread on the adds is only to get a higher rank, and doesn't actually do anything for the fight.

Furthermore, I forgot to use my Volcanic Potion in the first nuke phase, which would've resulted in an even bigger Combustion obviously. See 05:10 for the first big Combustion (98k). See 10:30 for the second big Combustion (111k).

Ventrilo: Yes, for the entire fight.

Songs: The songs are listed at the end credits, in order of appearance.

www.the-machine.wowstead.com

Feel free to comment
    Zumzar
    Last edited by Zumzar; 2011-08-19 at 02:32 PM.
    My Character: Zumzar
    My Guild: www.machinewow.dk - 3 days-a-week raiding guild - 2/7 on Mythic in Highmaul
    My YouTube Channel: www.YouTube.com/ZumzarWoW