Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by TyrianFC View Post
    Most normal guilds should use 3.

Guilds doing Heroic, who want to show off, or have excellent healers, can use 2. You could use 1 healer for normal, but there's no real reason to other than to show off =).
    I fail to see how using an extra dps instead of a healer is showing off, but maybe that's just me....

2 Healers, either Resto Druid / Paladin or Disc Priest / Paladin.

This fight is way easier with 2 heals, phases being shorter and adds never a problem.
    wat

Thanks for your info guys. Was just wondering how most guilds do it. We tryed 2 heals last night because our priest didn't show. Mana was was an issue for sure. But were still learing the fight. People were getting hit by waves ect. Will try it again next week. Only problem is our priest does not have a shadow spec. (he HATES to dps) So it will be me (the sham) going ele I figure. Will just throw down a rain in P2 to help out.

It sounds like you've got more problems than deciding how many healers to use.

We always 3-heal it, although I'm pretty confident by now that we could 2-heal it. The hook for us though is that I am put on add duty, as a holy paladin, during intermissions for the adds spawning furthest away from the mace, so we drop 1 healer during the intermission phases. I guess intermissions could be solo healable, but it would put some serious and uneccesary pressure on the other healer.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by timoseewho View Post
    2, holy Paladin and restoration Shaman. The most healing intensive phase is probably P2.
    If you're going to 2 heal Rag, the last healer you would want is a resto shaman. Seriously, they are hands down by far the weakest PVE healer in game right now, whereas a resto druid can easily solo heal Rag.

If you 2 heal, make sure one of the healers is your resto druid. Definitely. Rag is a pure resto druid fight.

---------- Post added 2011-08-19 at 07:57 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Vecksi View Post
    2 Healers, either Resto Druid / Paladin or Disc Priest / Paladin.

This fight is way easier with 2 heals, phases being shorter and adds never a problem.
    I'd go with Resto druid / paladin or Resto druid / disc priest.

Seriously, this fight is perfect for a resto druid. I can't see any justification in using another healer.

---------- Post added 2011-08-19 at 07:58 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by tilgare View Post
    Either one should be just fine. If we ever run short on time, we'll break into 10s for Ragnaros. Usually, we'll run 3 for safety's sake, but we've run 2 as well. With 2, we were running resto shaman/disc priest and they had to bust their asses to stay on top of healing, but it was very doable. That, and we had 1 balance and 1 spriest hymn. Used bubble, bubble wall, and spirit link on seed explosions.

Summed up, if you make good use of raid cooldowns, 2 healing shouldn't be an issue. 3 gives the healers a little safety net and a little less coordination is necessary since you can just heal through it all.

Edit: As for 1 healing which a few people have suggested, that sounds a little bit ridiculous. Possible? Probably. A useful response for someone progressing on normal Rag? Of course not. -_-
    The reason your healers had to bust ass to heal is because you chose the two worst possible healers for this fight. Priest absolutely should've been holy with that matchup.