Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Cool iLive user interface

iLive user interface
    _ _ _

I believe the best experience I have had within WoW is creating user interfaces, and I would like to share my newest release of iLive user interface with you. If you don't know, iLive user interface is a minimalistic UI that focuses on simplicity, consistency and functionality.

Inside my recent versions I've tried to use a new concept where I hide action bars we don't need to see in combat: main action bar, class bar and other bars with abilities not used inside combat. You don't need to see your Holy Light, Nourish, Heal or Healing Wave, because it has no cooldown anyway. You won't ressurect people during combat either, use your mount or use a flask while fighting a boss. Therefore, these bars have been made invisible to give you more space for in-game content view. This picture should further explain how this works.

The resolutions supported are 1920x1080, 1680x1024, 1440x1050 and 1280x1024. Note that this UI is more suited for healers (especially Holy Paladins), so if you're a DPS or tank, I won't suggest you to use it. Also, this UI is made primarily for 10 player raiding, but if you move your raid frames, then using them for 25 player mode is also possible (check the questions below on how to do that).

I've worked on this UI for two years, and throughout this period I've received so much inspiration, help and comments that have helped me make this UI become what it is today. Thanks to everyone, and let's not forget the addon authors allowing us to use their awesome addons!

-------------------------------
    Q&A SECTION
    -------------------------------
    Is it possible to see more content of the interface in action?
    A user made a video of the interface inside a dungeon, which can be seen here on YouTube.

How do I see raid frames for more than two groups (battleground and 25 raid)?
    I've made this interface for 10 player raiding, which means only two groups are shown by base. But, if you enter the addon Grid and make the layout show "Group 25" for 25 Raid and Battleground, and then unlock and move it somewhere else (example), you can make it work for any raid modes.

Where are target's buffs and debuffs?
    I've disabled it, but it can be enabled it by entering the addon PitBull and enabling "Aura" in Modules.

Where are the clock, tracking and calender?
    Hover the minimap with your mouse for clock, right click the minimap for tracking and middle mouse click for calender.

Why can't I see red warning text (not enough mana, not ready yet etc.)?
    Leatrix Plus is a simple addon that removes many useless spam information (important are still shown), and it does this in order to make less disturbance. You can choose for youself what it should hide through its configurations, or you can delete or turn off the addon if you don't want these settings.

There's only need, greed and disenchant buttons for lootrolls, where's pass?
    You right click the item's bar in order to pass.

What does the pink and red corner icons mean inside Grid?
    The left pink corner icon shows the current holder of Beacon of Light, while the right red corner icon shows when tanks uses tank cooldowns to take less damage.

---------------------------------------
    HOW TO INSTALL
    ---------------------------------------
    1. Download iLive user interface.rar (open the folder with WinRAR).
    2. Enter the folder with your resolution (or the closest to your resolution) and replace the folders with the folders in your WoW folder.
    3. Open WTF folder and rename the following:
    ACCOUNTNAME ---> edit to account's name with capital letters.
    ServerName ---> edit to server's name.
    CharacterName ---> edit to your character's name.
    4. Start World of Warcraft.
    5. Choose original settings, and take the UI Scale to the lowest point inside advanced options (0.64).
    6. Enter "/reflux switch iLive" in-game.

----------------------------
    ADDON LIST
    ----------------------------
    Name Command Description
    AzCastBar /acb Cast bar.
    Bartender /bar Action bar.
    bMinimap Minimap.
    ButtonFacade, ButtonFacade: Darion and Masque /masque Action bar skin.
    Chatter /chatter Chat.
    Clique [P] Keybind mouse buttons.
    ConnectBartenderBars Connects action bar 5 and 6.
    Deadly Boss Mods /dbm PvE notifications.
    dNameplates and dMedia Nameplates.
    Grid and GridStatusRaidDebuff /grid Raid frames.
    HideBossFrames Hides boss frames.
    kgPanels /kgpanels config Custom panels.
    Leatrix Plus /ltx Collection of small options.
    MikScrollingBattleText /msbt Combat text.
    OmniCC /omnicc Cooldown on action bars.
    PitBull /pitbull Unit frames.
    Power Auras Classic /powa Visuel warnings.
    Raven /raven Buffs and debuffs.
    Reflux Profile manager.
    SharedMedia Media folder.
    SimplePowerBar /spb Alternate Power Bar.
    TipTac /tiptac Tooltip.
    Last edited by iLive; 2012-02-16 at 11:09 PM.

Before I reinstall the final version (I've been testing it out. Nice job!), is it possible to save my bartender keybinds and such without having to redo them? If so, how

It's a great UI for those who aren't sure. Really nice job.

I do like it alot but for some advice I would add a little button or something somewhere so when you press it, you activate a 2nd or 3rd bar below for those who like more then 1 main bar and as well activate a background panel like you did with the main spell bar. Everythings possible with Kgpanels!
    Thats what I've done with my UI and its very simple scripting. Try to make the UI user friendly for each class and spec and what the user might need. Can't wait to see a screenshot of the UI in combat!

15+ Year Old Account
    @Gasillio
    Yes, inside your WTF folder there's some files called binding.old or/and binding.wtf, and inside your character's folder there's also these files. Just copy them over, and I think you should be fine. And thanks mate.

@Inferno XV8
    That's actually a very good idea with kgPanels. I though didn't know it was possible to make it active with a keybinding, but I'll make sure to keep it on the to do list. And the support for multiple specs, I'll think about it. The reason I haven't done that, is because I then would need to play those classes to be able to test the UI with them. You know, move totems bar, edit healing over time spells on Grid for Druids and have more bars up for Priests etc. But I am not playing WoW. I borrowed a friend's account to edit this UI, but he isn't playing himself. He just took the offer by Blizzard of 7 days for free, and now it's over (which is why I don't have other screenshots aswell). So we'll see how support for multiple classes will be. :] I am though sure that people who knows well about addons, won't have a problem, and others can always post here and ask questions I will do my best to asnwer. :]

Deleted
    bindings-cache.wtf

Deleted
    Don't the raid frames obscure your vision at your characters feet?

It looks really good, just how I like UI's, simple.

Although there are some things that put me off your UI and one of them are the Raid Frames.
    I don't like the positioning.

Another problem are auras, I read you don't have them enabled on enemy target which is understandable if you're healing but it makes this UI not multi spec friendly.

Overall, it's really visual friendly and hopefully you will improve it.

Deleted
    This looks interesting. Might ditch tukui and give this a try.

15+ Year Old Account
    @Gawwad
    As Meorawr said, only if you zoom in a lot. I like having the raid frames closer to the middle, but not entirely. In my opinion, the position is perfect. You can see a video here.

@Nightbliss
    Well, it's still possible to show the buffs and debuffs anyway, and thanks. :]

@Subterranean
    I wouldn't recommend it as a DPS. It's really not friendly for classes that needs to see their main bar.

Hello sorry to bother you mate. But I can't get it to work, I've done everything as instructed but when I do "/reflux switch iLive" nothing really happens. Think some addon is not loading. The action bars look the same as it came with wow except for some facade etc.

Let me ask you a question: what is the point of moving action-bar and raid-frames up to the middle of the screen? Does it troubles you to see flame under your feet?

15+ Year Old Account
    @MegaKeeperMan
    Can I see a screenshot?

@Sintell
    Let me tell you something: it troubles me when people ask questions that has already been answered, and especially when the same question and answer is on the same page.

---------- Post added 2011-08-21 at 04:33 PM ----------

15,000 downloads! Thanks guys! :P

15+ Year Old Account
    Found a very old post about previous interfaces I had used/made, so I changed the text a bit and thought I would share it again. Here you go:

I found my old used interfaces on the internet, and I've now saved the pictures in a folder on the PC. It's so funny to watch old UIs again. You're reminded by a lot of things during the period you made the interfaces, but it also shows you the different things you learned through time. I'll post them here and the story behind, and tell me which one you liked the most.

SpartanUI | (picture #1)
    This UI is a preconfigured custom addon that replaces almost everything inside WoW with this artistic look (like TukUI). I had no idea on how to use and edit a lot addons, so this was my first step since it's only one addon and it doesn't require configuration. I loved it (today I think it's ugly), but considered I didn't know how to play with addons, I think it's fine to be lazy and use something like this. :P

iLive user interface v1 | (picture #1) - (picture #2)
    I didn't create this UI by myself. While using SpartanUI I saw this UI, and I fell in love with the concept of how everything was in one spot and centralized. So I downloaded someone elses UI and used his settings (for PitBull, kgPanels, buffs etc..) to create an UI close to the linked one. I still was an addon noob, but I knew how to resize and move addons around, so I did so and made the UI fit my taste. I posted a picture and people asked for an upload, so I uploaded it and called it iLive user interface (with the permission from the guy that helped me to achieve it through his UI, he liked it aswell and believed it was very different from his own).

iLive user interface v2 | (picture #1) - (picture #2)
    I one day saw a healing UI by Ishtara, and it made my UI look very childish and immature. I loved the neutral theme/art (a more flat look) and how everything was detailed in a simple way, so I downloaded the UI and changed the structure around, and then I made it an upload (people asked for upload again). Even though I mentioned and thanked Ishtara there was some drama about stealing the UI of Ishtara. I thought about removing the upload, since it was mainly to have a nice UI to heal with for myself, but there was so many people who used the UI. And the person flaming me was 1 person, so I just ignored him. Again, credit to Ishtara.

iLive user interface v3 | (picture #1) - (picture #2)
    I made a big step this time, I believe. I had never dreamt of going away from v2, since it seemed perfect for me, but after seeing a custom UI it just clicked me how to make the next version of my UI (looking at the skeleton of the UI). I changed the theme to be more round and soft, and then I made the construction more simple (removed some panels etc.). I was now more experienced with addons in general, since I had begun tweaking and playing with addons to make them fit my taste, so doing this became a great result.

iLive user interface v4 | (picture #1) - (picture #2)
    I wanted to test something crazy with this version (also the current version), which was to hide as much as possible. And the result, I think I nailed it (especially for Holy Paladins). It's all what I seek in an UI: simple, informative and consistent. Where is his standard abilities you may think? I have them keybinded, so I don't need to see them. How do you know when they're ready you may ask? Well, there's only 3 for Holy Paladins and they are in the middle of the UI where I can see them. That means I can focus on one part of the UI and be able to know all I need to know. I urge you to test this if you're a healer for 10 man raiding, you won't regreth it once you explore it. :]

15+ Year Old Account
    I will update my UI for patch 4.3 some time, but this month is a very busy month for us students, so it won't be soon. But meanwhile, are there any wanted changes or anything so I can improve it aswell in the update? :]

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iLive View Post
    I will update my UI for patch 4.3 some time, but this month is a very busy month for us students, so it won't be soon. But meanwhile, are there any wanted changes or anything so I can improve it aswell in the update? :]
    Support for 16:10 resolutions like 1680x1050 would be lovely
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Deleted
    I like, I like ... xx

Deleted
    Thanks for this wonderful post , I've used ur addon list to create my own clean UI, although I did like urs, I like a bit more attention to detail on mine. Thanks thou

10+ Year Old Account
    Any chance you'll be able to update the UI soon?
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry to make a double post, but has this UI project been abandoned?

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes, and I am sorry about it. :/ But you can still use the UI. Just install and update all addons, and it works fine. :]