Cost Effective Desktop

As the title describes I'm looking for a cost effective desktop. Currently I'm using a three year old laptop that I'm ready to replace. I'm not looking for high end 2k + setups.

I plan on spending anywhere from 500-700 dollars and I don't have the time or knowledge to build one myself. If anyone could point me in the direction of a good cost effective manufacturer/website I'd greatly appreciate it.
    Only the dead have seen the end of war. - George Santayana
    Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it. - George Santayana

A gamer machine though, or just office machine?

Looking for something to game on.

I don't need my games to run on ultra high settings or anything. Just something that will run them relatively smooth.
    Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it. - George Santayana

cyberpowerpc.com
    ibuypower.com

Those are going to be good sites for customizing a computer, but requires a small premium. I'm also of the impression that prices in the US are going up. Not sure if it really has though.

---------- Post added 2011-08-19 at 06:07 PM ----------

http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/saved/1DF7LV

Thank you for the websites. Exactly what I was looking for.

http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/saved/1DF7MK
    That's a pretty good configuration in your price range.
    You didn't say whether you needed an OS or not so I left that off (adds $105)
    If you need to bring the price down you can drop to a dual core i3-2100 processsor... wouldn't affect games much.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.