Deleted

Installation issues with windows 7

hey,

i wanted to install windos on my ssd drive. unfortunately a error message popped up telling me, that windows cannot be installed on MBR-partition place on EFI systems which apparently only on gpt drives....
    what does that even mean and what can i do. sorry...

regards

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to assume you previously used this drive as a non OS disk and set it up as GPT within windows
    you are going to have to delete the partition then change it to MBR then you can install windows on it no probs
    yes its possible to install windows under efi but I have no idea how to set that up.
    ----------------------
    i may have read your post wrong are you running a mac or something that only supports efi
    Last edited by lockblock; 2011-08-19 at 06:34 PM.

Deleted
    no, jus a common ibm windows pc and yes i used the drive as a slave.

how would i change it to mbr? neither in wondows nor in windows boot installation menu i could change the partition type.

thanks alot so far
    Last edited by mmocaba1459261; 2011-08-19 at 08:13 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lockblock View Post
    i may have read your post wrong are you running a mac or something that only supports efi
    No, hes probably using a Sandy Bridge system - which uses UEFI, and he should thus use GPT.

OP - exactly what partitions are on the SSD at the moment? Is it completely blank?
    Right click 'My Computer', select 'Manage', and go to Storage -> Disk Management to see all partitions, including hidden ones.

Also if you right click your SSD here and select "Properties", you can bring up this window:
    Last edited by mmoca371db5304; 2011-08-19 at 08:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkXale View Post
    No, hes probably using a Sandy Bridge system - which uses UEFI, and he should thus use GPT.

OP - exactly what partitions are on the SSD at the moment? Is it completely blank?
    Right click 'My Computer', select 'Manage', and go to Storage -> Disk Management to see all partitions, including hidden ones.
    sandybridge systems do not require GPT my msi board runs drives initialized in MBR just fine