Poll: Would you attempt Heroic Ragnaros, despite not being able to beat him?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Im expecting to beat it without nerfs
    N

If i knew we had downers in the guild i'd just abandon all hope.

10+ Year Old Account
    Break it up with other things. Get your glory drakes for instance.

____________________R.I.P Excessive Gaming____________________

There is something awesome at fighting the hardest boss ever in the game, even if you wipe a lot. I believe there would be some kind of progress, even if it would slow. And that is the kind of progress that lift your heart.

Deleted
    practice - farm some gear see how it goes, why not - something interesting to do

Well, i have to do something with the two scheduled raids after the first six are dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyriaa View Post
    I put 600 attempts into heroic al'akir pre nerf, with about 500 P1 wipes.
    we downed it pre nerf (april 6)
    I think I can handle Rag.
    p1 wipes are the best, if it was 500 sub 10% wipes then id be feeling sorry for you but if you're wiping 1 minute in it isn't too bad

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    There is something awesome at fighting the hardest boss ever in the game, even if you wipe a lot. I believe there would be some kind of progress, even if it would slow. And that is the kind of progress that lift your heart.
    I definitely agree with this. There is something just fun about tackling the toughest challenge currently available, even if it is really really tough.

If I was in a guild with 6/7 heroic progress I wouldn't want to spoil the chance of even touching him. And if you never practice you will never win.

He just takes practice and gear, plain and simple. Notice how guilds like Vodka, Paragon, Ensidia, etc. are now killing him every week in heroic without fail. This is because they've practiced so hard. It will be the same for the top 10, top 20, top 100, top 1000, etc. once they get their first kills in. It's all about practice, coordination, and teamwork.

If I was in my old guild, we'd probably spend the rest of our scheduled raid time on attempts and then switch it to normal on the last raid night of the week, at the end of the night. What else are you going to do?

Which phase is the hardest for rag? P2 seems to be a big hurdle for guilds (mine included) and we are just now getting some consistency. I don't expect the second intermission to be "too" difficult and p3 is just a burn. How hard is it to learn p4?

Deleted
    We poked a bit at him on our last raid, starting serious attempts on sunday and I'm excited.
    Our DPS isn't the best so don't know if we'll down it before some kind of nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by cleotaurus View Post
    Which phase is the hardest for rag? P2 seems to be a big hurdle for guilds (mine included) and we are just now getting some consistency. I don't expect the second intermission to be "too" difficult and p3 is just a burn. How hard is it to learn p4?
    Phase 4 is the true part of the encouter

10+ Year Old Account
    Why not?

The life of a progressive raider involves throwing yourself at new challenges. I'm not going to wait for somebody to make it EASY for me!
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

I don't see what else you would do with all that extra raid time besides pull rag.

Deleted
    It's hard, many will try, cry and give up. If you're at Raggy HC you got some pretty good people along side you though and you should go for the ultimate kill as a team.

If you don't care and don't really do HC, dont worry about it.

My guild has just reached him, we will begin progression, some will probably break, but I won't I want to beat him, I will work my arse off perfecting my role, it's a long hard road ahead of us, but when he goes down, i'm sure it will be worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by kkborang View Post
    p1 wipes are the best, if it was 500 sub 10% wipes then id be feeling sorry for you but if you're wiping 1 minute in it isn't too bad
    P1 lasted about 2-3 minutes if I remember correctly with the gear we had at the time.
    It was definitely depressing though wiping. Once we started consistently getting to P2 we normally died about 2-3% away from pushing him to phase, and THAT was the worst =[

If my guild would shape up I'd definately would go for it. Sadly it's not going overly well at the moment so we're stuck at 2/7 so seeing Ragnaros might be a loooooong way .

Deleted
    Spend 4-5 hours per week on it max. (one raid night) While clearing 6/7 heroic every single week for gear. Then when the nerf hits you'll have your entire raid be in full BIS pretty much, and you had quite some practice on it. I wouldn't work on it 4 out of 5 days of the raiding schedule though.