Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Transmogrification: Deathknight, Warrior, Paladin!

Looking for your input on items worth using for Plate wearers only. These can be Armor or 1H/2H Weapons. If you can provide an image or wowhead link to the item. Let us know what you're plate wearer is going to be rocking come 4.3!

I'm personally a Deathknight and I haven't figured out what kind of armor I'll be wearing (any input?) but I know I'll be rocking either Sulfuron Hammer Or High Warlord's Greatsword (I can't link yet)

Deleted
    The popular choice so far is the starting DK set.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm hoping DK's have access to older plate sets. If DK's only have access to prior DK sets, it put them at a distinct disadvantage as far as what they have to choose from compared to other classes. I would LLOOVVEE to see my DK in the tier 4 warrior set? I think its tier 4... from old Naxx.

Edit***

Nope it's tier 3 I'm thinking of. DK was made for Plate Tier 3 Armor... AWESOME fit.
    Last edited by Arcanephilosophy; 2011-08-19 at 09:54 PM.

Maybe Shadow's Edge too lol Loved that axe

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcanephilosophy View Post
    I'm hoping DK's have access to older plate sets. If DK's only have access to prior DK sets, it put them at a distinct disadvantage as far as what they have to choose from compared to other classes. I would LLOOVVEE to see my DK in the tier 4 warrior set? I think its tier 4... from old Naxx.
    Thats Tier 3. AQ40 was consider tier 2.5. I personally hope that I can use the Warriors Might (Tier 1) set for my DK.

Yeah T4 was Kara, Gruuls, Mag's Lair.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't remember if tier 3 is class bound? That would suck.. I really want tier 3 plate on my DK..

Mind you the old naxx is dead and gone.. I wonder how I would go about getting that set again on my DK now?. It's not confirmed that you need the piece on your person, but alot of people seem to think you will need it. Not sure how that's gonna work out.
    Last edited by Arcanephilosophy; 2011-08-19 at 09:58 PM.

All of the Tier sets are class bound.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I believe I saw that armor with class limitations can only be transmogrified by that class. You could really screw with PvP if you allowed characters to transmogrify their armor to other classes, for example, you see a character in clear cloth armor, probably a Warlock, running at you. You see no immediate threat as a mage, choosing instead to go after other classes which you can more easily pwn, etc, etc. All of a sudden, this warlock begins to melee you and just tear away at your health, when you suddenly realize its a warrior in transmogrified gear. Uh, oh. Its just not a good choice, and there would be too much homogenization. I would already guess that tons of people are going to be transmogrifying old Legendaries.
    "I love the name of honor more than I fear death
    -Shakespear, Julius Caesar

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally, I like Warbringer (Warrior t4), matching offset items (mainly from Karazhan), and Ashkandi and plan on using that for my warrior's mogging set.

Also, yes, they are, Arcane, just like every other tier.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shammyhealz View Post
    I believe I saw that armor with class limitations can only be transmogrified by that class. You could really screw with PvP if you allowed characters to transmogrify their armor to other classes, for example, you see a character in clear cloth armor, probably a Warlock, running at you. You see no immediate threat as a mage, choosing instead to go after other classes which you can more easily pwn, etc, etc. All of a sudden, this warlock begins to melee you and just tear away at your health, when you suddenly realize its a warrior in transmogrified gear. Uh, oh. Its just not a good choice, and there would be too much homogenization. I would already guess that tons of people are going to be transmogrifying old Legendaries.
    so DK's get screwed out of this deal then.. they have WAY less tiers to choose from than other classes.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've mentioned it in other threads but for arms warriors/dk's/rets i hope Blizzard lift the restriction on polearms (basically we can't use any polearms in competitive play since there are zero strength polearms being created, and few at all).
    Shadows are cruel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcanephilosophy View Post
    so DK's get screwed out of this deal then.. they have WAY less tiers to choose from than other classes.
    Well, you can always grab the tier set recolors, not to mention that it doesn't have to be a tier set you're mogging to. For example, I'm playing with the idea of a red-and-black armor set for my blood elf paladin, probably using random BoE greens, and my death knight has already begun hunting for light/icy-blue armor to wear.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

There have always been gear pieces that share the same model as a class tier set but are recolored and available to anyone with that armor proficiency. They usually end up fitting every slot piece which creates an alternate colored set. This is what the OP is referring to.

I will be using my Dark Edge of Insanity . Not too sure about armor though.

The Lightbringer eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I will be proudly sporting T8.5. I loved the hell out of that set.

http://www.wowhead.com/profile=30999846

As a Warrior. Would like to go back into ICC and get my last 2 tokens for red hands/pants, though. And I need to get that sword (caster boss-shared loot from Firelands), assuming the tanking weapon of T13 is a sword.
    Last edited by Rakudjo; 2011-08-19 at 10:10 PM.
    Thanks Soko<3

The issue with this is, how do u decide which class dk's will share with, what if alot of dk's loved and want old paladin gear, are they going to alow them to use both warrior and paladin tiers, cause if so that would put them with a massive advantage in gear choices. They are just going to have to farm the offset bits and deal with the fact that their class wasnt around back then.

[Banhammer, Kungen's Bane]

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry
    "As you look upon the mace, you hear the whining of a thousand fanboys. Something deep with in your soul makes it impossible to think anything but 'lol.'"

10+ Year Old Account
    My DK is definitely going to be rocking Tier 10, but not just the DK set, i really loved the warrior themed drops from ICC.

head: http://www.wowhead.com/item=50779
    shoulders: http://www.wowhead.com/item=50098
    chest: http://www.wowhead.com/item=49951
    wrist: http://www.wowhead.com/item=50659
    hands: http://www.wowhead.com/item=50095
    belt: http://www.wowhead.com/item=50987
    pants: http://www.wowhead.com/item=50192
    feet: http://www.wowhead.com/item=50788
    weapon: here is where it gets tricky, because i have been saving pretty much every weapon i ever got... not sure what im gonna use yet. Bryntroll might be the winner, at least for a time.

god i miss tier 10 armor... so sweet lookin. my shammy is gonna be rockin tier 10 as well. i cant wait.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry but this dk stuff, Deal with it. You don't get as much gear so what? your class hasn't even been around for half of wow. Also why would a dk be in pally gear?? i can see warrior gear but pally?
    Aye mate