Poll: Your favourite pokemon game?

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I only played Gold and Red. Both were really cool at the moment. I rememeber trading a piece of gum and $1 to a kid on the bus back in the day for Gold too.

Quote Originally Posted by Moontalon View Post
    Pokemon: R/B/Y

Gameplay: B/W
    This is about right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    Mr. Mime and Jinx were pretty bad too. (Then again, they weren't lacking in creativity, just.. I don't like them..)
    Voltorb, Electrode, Machop, Machoke, Machamp... Ghastly, for crying out loud. lol

People who like the old games are the same people in rose-tinted glasses who think Vanilla > Everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    People who like the old games are the same people in rose-tinted glasses who think Vanilla > Everything else.
    Does that mean I'm a special snowflake? Because I hated Vanilla.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you hit the train tracks you've gone to far.
    I kinda stopped playing Pokemon after Silver but I'm gonna go with RBY just because that's when it made the most of an impact on my childhood, It was extremely fun and addicting. Now days it's just another video game. If I were to say of all time by gameplay and graphics wise probably something more recent, but I'm gonna go with the originals. I'm also not going to vote because I stopped playing after Silver so my answer is bias.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moontalon View Post
    Pokemon: G/S/C

Gameplay: B/W
    Fixed that for you, 2nd generation had a fresh generation that was awesome plus the pokemon from R/B/Y so.......yeah

10+ Year Old Account
    I like Red and Blue as much as the next guy, but I'll have to go with Gold/Silver. It did what any good sequel should do: take the concept of the original and improve upon it.
    "I see nothing. I hear nothing. I taste victory."

"Trolling (verb): speaking your honest opinion." - you know who

10+ Year Old Account
    I would have to say my fondest memories are of Emerald and Blue/Red, though my favorite map is Silver/Gold.

A toss up between Red/Blue and Black/White. I've played every generation since the originals. 3rd one was the worst for me personally, 2nd and 4th were fine, but never grabbed my attention so hard. Black/White are the first games since the originals that really brought back that sense of magic that Red/Blue instilled in me, and I think a huge part of that was the fact that they focused entirely on the new pokemon until the end game instead of having a mix of old and new. That plus, each generation was upping the ante on the power of legendaries, until you were essentially playing with the gods of the pokemon world in 4th gen, and it was nice to go back to basics in the 5th where the legendary pokemon are famous and powerful, but not all-powerful god like beings that can unmake the world with little more than a thought and a twitch. That plus, dude, Smugleaf. He's awesome. :3

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Red/Blue/Yellow; the originals.

I think Red and Blue were the same play style, one was just shaded blue, and one was shaded red. I started with Blastoise, and I think you could only get Pikachu by trading with someone who had Yellow.

Yellow I think everyone started with Pikachu, and you could only get Venasaur, Charizard, or Blastoise by trading with someone who had Red/Blue.
    Just with the Venasaur, Charizard and Blastoise thing in Yellow, You can get them in game. As Bulbasaur, Squirtle and Charmander. Pretty much like the T.V show but squirtle wasn't in he's little gang

Quote Originally Posted by ElAmigo View Post
    Fixed that for you, 2nd generation had a fresh generation that was awesome plus the pokemon from R/B/Y so.......yeah
    GSC were meh IMO.

I unno. Pokemon Snap was pretty cool.

But I had to go with Gold/Silver.

Quote Originally Posted by Moriat View Post
    The TGC game is very underrated, but Gold and Silver still remain my favorite. They were a big leap forward for the series and it added a lot of cool features. The last POkemon game I played was Sapphire a few years back and I was very underwhelmed to say the least.

I'll say Black/White because they injected some genuine plot into the game. Also, it added a lot of needed nerfs/buffs to the metagame.

Deleted
    I like all of them equaly but Pokemon Blue will always have a special place for me was my first real game that i actuly spent more then a hour a time on i replayed that game so many times its a wonder that it still works today however i did broke my pokemon silver version or well not realy broke it it just stopped counting played time after a while

Sadly the Gold/Silver/Crystal cartridges are mostly completly useless now thanks to nintendo smegging it up they put a small battery in them that controls the ingame clock but it also keeps the save somehow and if the battery dies your save goes bye bye if you are unlucky and i was unlucky

Also i did like the TCG and for anyone interested in the TCG there is a official free version on the pokemon website its quite fun:
    http://www.pokemontcg.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vayjir View Post
    Also i did like the TCG and for anyone interested in the TCG there is a official free version on the pokemon website its quite fun:
    http://www.pokemontcg.com/
    Thank's for the link. Awesome.
    Last edited by Scooby Dooby Doo; 2011-09-22 at 03:07 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thriod View Post
    Just with the Venasaur, Charizard and Blastoise thing in Yellow, You can get them in game. As Bulbasaur, Squirtle and Charmander. Pretty much like the T.V show but squirtle wasn't in he's little gang
    Mere words will never suffice to explain the disappointment I felt when I got to that point. It was my first moment of "THIS WASN'T THE AWESOME MOMENT I WAS HERDED INTO EXPECTING!!! *snif*".
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm between Black & White and Gold & Silver. Black and White both have AMAZING graphics, but the story is a bit "Meh". Gold & Silver, okay-ish graphics but AMAZING stories.

Also, I don't get people choosing Red & Blue. FireRed and LeafGreen were the exact same thing, only better graphics plus additions like genders and special defense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CipherAgent View Post
    The TGC game is very underrated, but Gold and Silver still remain my favorite. They were a big leap forward for the series and it added a lot of cool features. The last POkemon game I played was Sapphire a few years back and I was very underwhelmed to say the least.
    At the official website, the tcg online game has a pretty clean interface. People should check it out. You can do a lot without paying.

Edit: oops. Someone posted that already. Well, it's good to have multiple people with the same opinion, right?