Thread: 5 man and spec

5 man and spec

Haven't been playing since patch 4.1 introduced...
    I read up on stuff and was wondering about a few things...

1. Is demo or destro better for 5 man instances? I was only doing normal level 85 instances when I left, with mostly quest blues and a few greens. No epics atm.

2. What DPS is required for heroic? Given that I do want to carry my weight >< Don't want to feel like I'm just standing there looting all day long =P

3. I read that fel hunter (fel puppy) is the highest dps now. Is that true for all spec or just aff and demo (single target)?
    When comparing fel guard with fel hunter, how many dot's are required for the fel hunter to out-dps fel guard on single target?

Thanks!!

- Ravenholdt Icylock (don't think my armory's up yet thou)
    - Main spec is affliction, but I don't think it works that well in 5 man right?

1. Demo is far superior to destro.

2. If the dungeon finder will place you in a dungeon, your gear is good enough to pull your weight as long as you're playing correctly.

3. The felguard is only used for AoE and for Demon Soul. On single target fights you want to use Meta + Demon Soul + Felstorm together with the felguard, then Soulburn + Summon Felhunter once felstorm is done.

Deleted
    Unless someone has simmed the details of this, no one knows. But you should generally have all your main 3 dots up on your felhunters target and then shadowflame when its off CD. I think all in all, the felpup is roughly 2k singletarget better than the felguard (maybe wrong but I know it is a significant difference)

I normally troll through dungeons with my felguard out (not the best dps but I just like it :P) since I am pretty well geared now I will still generally double any other dps in the dungeon, so if anyone tries to be a smartass and tells me to change pet, I quickly put them in their place :-)

dps required is anything above 10k really 15k should get you no trolls

Affliction works just aswell for dungeons, it is a bit slow on trash but if you have a lot of haste you can easily pull enough damage