Question Soul Burn + Drain Life in PvE

Hey guys, first time post and long time reader. I just have a quick question that I can't seem to find a definite answer to, and that is whether it's useful to use Soul Burn for Drain Life in a PvE scenario.

Drain life was nerfed by 50% in a 4.1 hotfix, so no, even with Soulburn it's not worth it.
    Just use a healthstone.
    My Tumblr. (:
    My warlock.
    My Paladin.
    My Lolking
    Lel I bought my spectral tiger from the horde auction house at 9 in the morning for the sweet sweet price of 1c.

I think the damage was nerfed, not the healing. If you are in desperate danger of dying, you used a healthstone already, and your healers are ignoring you, it wouldn't be a terrible idea, it's just not optimal. But being alive and DPS'ing after losing some from DL'ing is > being dead. Although if your healers can't keep you up through non-avoidable damage, there's a bigger issue in your raid.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's helpful after using your cookie on Hm rhyolith

Soul Burn was a good idea but there just aren't enough PvE applications of it. Afflic never uses it on a regular basis. Demo only uses it for pet swapping and if they have the shards at the end to get decimation to proc quickly. Destro only uses it for to get ISF rolling. Blizzard had made it out to be a limited use cd that you had to think about when the best time to use it was. Really not the case. It just needs more PvE uses imo.

Note: I just looked at the actual tooltip for Soul Burn drain life and it equals 4% health in 1 sec before haste. Thats about 5k health for me. My death coil heals for more and that's an instant cast.
    Last edited by Harsesis; 2011-08-20 at 07:42 PM.