View Poll Results: Which of these two upcoming mmos do you think will be better and why?

Voters
345. This poll is closed
  • Guild Wars 2

201 58.26%
  • Star Wars The Old Republic

144 41.74%
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Clempson View Post
    'MMO-Champion'

That means we can talk about other MMO's apart from WoW.

You don't like it?
    Ignore the threads.
    Except that it's posted in the "World of Warcraft > General Discussion" forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Primernova View Post
    Both can exist side by side, as it was with EQ1 and AO, SWG, EnB and several other sci-fi MMOs that coexisted with their fantasy counterpart. It seems the heathiest branding of MMOs, you need a fall back that's a different genre as a palate cleanser once in a while. I've missed this dichotomy ever since WoW took over; EvE worked for a bit but wasn't an MMO that was very MMOish at it's core, imo.

The wild card is what Blizzard will do with WoW. With D3 coming out soon and SC2 going strong, they have little reason to keep it viable but may just surprise us.
    Little reason to keep ti viable? And why is that? Not everyone will leave WoW to play D3 or SC2 or whatever game. WoW will continue to be played by millions of people and just because D3 is coming out doesn't mean that WoW will be dead. I personally will continue playing WoW and I doubt I will even buy D3..

On topic: Voted for GW2. Im a big Star Wars fan but the game just looks dumb and insanely boring to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jojobinks View Post
    Except that it's posted in the "World of Warcraft > General Discussion" forum.
    My bad, didn't notice that.

/Embarrassment

Totalbiscuit had it right, he said something along the lines of neither of them is better, it's just the type of game you prefer. To me, it's definitely TOR. I mean, he compared GW2 to god of war, and god of war and it's clones are a type of game I despise with a vengeance so that really won't be it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by schippie View Post

Yes its Mmochampion that still doesnt mean something regarding other games should be put in wow general cause its about wow not about other games. It should be in Offtopic > video games.
    Also my bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Coke View Post
    Guild wars 2 for the PvP, definitely; production quality is above ToR too, which is nice. I find it funny that a sub-par game like ToR will have a monthly-fee while GW2 won't.
    Sub-par? In which way exactly? Production quality above ToR? Are you crazy? Guild Wars 2 looks incredibly dull. And good job comparing PvE and PvP.

On topic:
    ToR just looks and plays much better in my opinion - even though it reminds "more" of WoW than Guild Wars 2 (and no GW2 is not revolutionary in any way, get over it already) which really isn't that bad of a thing. The story and universe aswell. Star Wars' lore just works so fantastically well while Guild Wars' looks random and uninspiring - there's nothing even remotely interesting about it. Just seems as a big stupid mixture of different games and lores and it ends up not having it's own identity. It just looks and feels so small and pale in comparison to ToR. And what the hell is up with that butt ugly interface and that small gnome-ish race? So stupidly out-of-place looking. As if they on purpose wanted to create something funny and different but it turned out the total opposite.
    I'm not the Devil. I'm much, much older. I watched the Beginning and I will see the End. I am the dark behind the stars. I am the dark inside you all.

Quote Originally Posted by Sethlol View Post
    Sub-par? In which way exactly? Production quality above ToR? Are you crazy? Guild Wars 2 looks incredibly dull. And good job comparing PvE and PvP.

On topic:
    ToR just looks and plays much better in my opinion - even though it reminds "more" of WoW than Guild Wars 2 (and no GW2 is not revolutionary in any way, get over it already)
    But I think differently from you and think the opposite.

OPINIONS EVERYWHERE!

10+ Year Old Account
    I think star wars will make more money, but i think ill enjoy gw2 more.

Deleted
    SWTOr but GW2 wont fail

GW2.

SW:TOR seems to have bad combat, and it might as well just be the space happy child of WoW and Elder Scrolls, WoW in the MMO part, Elder Scrolls in the "Yeah, let's talk, okay, now I'm going to punch this guy in the face!" like Wowcrendor said in his World of Crendor episode 2.

SW:TOR doesn't really bring anything new to the table, Guild Wars 2 is doing new and awesome things, and it's free for doing so too!

10+ Year Old Account
    They both look promising, why not play both?

SWTOR looks like WoW with the Force + Elder Scrolls talking

GW2 looks very dynamic and so much new stuff!!! Defo replacing wow with GW2

Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    They both look promising, why not play both?
    You might if you drop WoW, because SW:TOR is subscription based. "Money is no problem for me!"

Well, if you can do 3 different MMOs, I bow down for your superior free time.

I have no interest in SW just because it's SW, it just doesn't interest me, but idk maybe my thoughts will change after I read some stuff from players who have played it after release. I'm much more likely to give GW a shot.

Like grandpab said, I have no interest in star wars cause...i've never cared for star wars movies at all.

Granted I did play guild wars and LIKED it A LOT more than wow. =p

i think gw2 takes the vote.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    You might if you drop WoW, because SW:TOR is subscription based. "Money is no problem for me!"

Well, if you can do 3 different MMOs, I bow down for your superior free time.
    I will drop WoW for SW:TOR - I barely play anymore anyways - stopped raiding after T11, and all I do is some pvp. Both games look a lot more promising than WoW does at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    I will drop WoW for SW:TOR - I barely play anymore anyways - stopped raiding after T11, and all I do is some pvp. Both games look a lot more promising than WoW does at the moment.
    They said the same about Rift. Now you could as well curse when you say the word.

Quote Originally Posted by Liberate90 View Post
    Guild Wars 2 for me, hands down... I don't play WoW anymore, why would I want to play a re-skinned version of it? (swtor)
    This sums it up for me

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    They said the same about Rift. Now you could as well curse when you say the word.
    Not saying either of those two games are going to destroy WoW, but for me it's time to move on to something new, played WoW since beta in 2004. Rift on the other hand was terribly boring with even more boring talents, I got bored playing that at level 10. Guild Wars 2 will be free to play so perfect game to play on the side, SW:TOR if it sucks and/or fails then it's easy enough to cancel my subscription.

Deleted
    What in the world does this have to do with wow general discussion? It's not even a comparison