Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by haxartus View Post
    If you don't need the features, you can get this thing.
    I'm pretty sure that it's cheaper than P67.
    And how about this.
    Not going to let this turn into an AMD v Intel arguement. I have my opinions, you have yours. Moving along.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzykins View Post
    Not going to let this turn into an AMD v Intel arguement. I have my opinions, you have yours. Moving along.
    So, you're losing the argument and backing off.
    Ok, I understand.

Deleted
    Mod Warning: Don't turn this into a Intel vs AMD argument. Fuzzy was the mature one here

I'm just tired of people that back off in the second that I present a real evidence to support a given claim.
    955BE is a better choice for a low end gaming build and I explained why, but everything I said was completely ignored.
    And you can't avoid and AMD vs Intel argument in a thread with a title like this.

Mod Edit: Show a good example and don't be the one derailing it. Those who derail it will be dealt with and possibly infracted.
    Last edited by mmoc0fc091fcb6; 2011-08-20 at 10:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzykins View Post
    False, H61 and AM3 are roughly the same price.
    Err, no. They were literally going half price everywhere I looked.

Exactly.
    Most people wouldn't be able to tell the difference between a Phenom II and a SB CPU without fraps in general gaming. I can't think of a game that actually requires a SB CPU right now. Except maybe WoW 25m raiding, but WoW is perfectly playable at 30-40fps with lowered shadows. It's not a shooter after all.
    To me this forum is full of people that bought a more expensive CPU and are looking for a way to justify the purchase in their mind.
    And Phenom II 955BE has an unlocked multiplier, so there is not even a comparison with i3-2100 here. The Intel fanboys here tend to ignore that completely.
    I'm what you would call an AMD fanboy if anything. I've gamed with AMD and i've gamed with Intel. While you don't NEED Intel to game, it certainly is superior, and noticeable.
    EVGA Classified SR-2 | Intel Xeon X5680 x 2 | Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 6 x 2GB | XFX HD5970 x 2
    Intel PRO/1000 PT Server NIC | ASUS Xonar DX | Corsair AX1200 | Corsair TX750
    OCZ Vertex2 60GB | WD Velociraptor 300GB x 2 | Samsung Spinpoint MP4 500GB
    EK-FB SR2 - Acetal+Nickel | EK-Supreme HF - Acetal x 2 | EK-FC5970 Acetal x 2
    Thermochill TA120.4 x 3 | Thermochill TA120.3 | Swiftech MCP655 x 2

Quote Originally Posted by ispano View Post
    I'm what you would call an AMD fanboy if anything. I've gamed with AMD and i've gamed with Intel. While you don't NEED Intel to game, it certainly is superior, and noticeable.
    No, I'm just presenting facts.
    A fact is that 955BE is better than an i3-2100 for a low end gaming build because it's overclockable and the motherboards are cheaper with better features.
    A fact is that recommending i5-2500k for a gaming build under $1000 is stupid, because you're cutting money directly from the graphics card, and a cheaper graphics card will reduce your fps much more than an AMD CPU.
    Another fact is that both of the previous facts are completely ignored in this forum.
    Last edited by haxartus; 2011-08-20 at 10:34 PM.

A fact is that 955BE is better than an i3-2100 for a low end gaming build because it's overclockable and the motherboards are cheaper with better features.
    A fact is that recommending i5-2500k for a gaming build under $1000 is stupid, because you're cutting money directly from the graphics card, and a cheaper graphics card will reduce your fps much more than an AMD CPU.
    Another fact is that both of the previous facts are completely ignored in this forum.
    When did I say you were or were not? Per core, Sandy Bridge is superior to anything AMD currently sells. It might cost more, no doubt, but it's still superior. For more than 2 cores, the P2 definitely is the better choice over an i3-2100. And for a sub 1k build if a 2500K is taking money away from the GPU, that GPU must be something damned expensive, which isn't what you put into a 1k build in the first place.

I would use AMD if it performed well enough for me. My old Phenom II 940 X4 is in my fileserver now, great chip, but even for single core apps, My Xeons trash it, and that's with the P2 OC'd to 3.6(Won't go higher)
    EVGA Classified SR-2 | Intel Xeon X5680 x 2 | Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 6 x 2GB | XFX HD5970 x 2

When fuzzykins shows up, it's always an intel vs amd arguement lol

Quote Originally Posted by ispano View Post
    And for a sub 1k build if a 2500K is taking money away from the GPU, that GPU must be something damned expensive, which isn't what you put into a 1k build in the first place.
    If it preforms better, why not ?
    I'm not arguing against the fact that i5-2500k is better. I'm arguing against the "recommend Intel for everything" tend that is going on in the forum lately.
    And for 3.6Ghz it must be a crappy chip or motherboard.

15+ Year Old Account
    That's because they're not facts, they're opinions. Don't try and push your opinions on others as facts, I'll show you the door very quickly.
    Last edited by llDemonll; 2011-08-20 at 11:09 PM.
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

No, the original Phenom II Deneb Chips couldn't OC very far. Stock for the 940 was 3.0, so that's a 20% increase. The current gen Phenoms OC a wee bit better, but nowhere near what Intel chips can do. Even 1st Gen i7s typically have a larger OC window.

I still have my old Phenom II X4 955 which performs just fine and I feel no need to upgrade it in the next months.

<snip>

Mod Warning: We were already done with that. Don't start it again.
    Last edited by mmoc0fc091fcb6; 2011-08-21 at 02:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kailtas View Post
    Reprhase that statement to: If you are not playing any RTS, RPGs or MMORPGs. Now is your time to get a cheap AMD CPU for your gaming needs.
    But... Those are the only types of games I play
    Computer: Intel I7-3770k @ 4.5GHz | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM | AMD 7970 GHz @ 1200/1600 | ASUS Z77-V PRO Mobo|

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm really sad with what happened in this thread while I was gone.

This was just to point out how sweet of a deal MC was having, not to bash one or the other ffs.

In all honesty, I'd like to request a mod lock this thread. There's nothing else that can/needs to be said that hasn't already regarding the deal available. Nothing else good can come from here.

Two questions:
    1: where did you see this sale at?
    2: how long is it going on for?

I might have to check this out tomorrow since I was looking at an E-350 for my HTPC build, but I was also looking at an Athlon II x2 that would have been ~$20 more... this deal would make that setup cheaper overall.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adappy View Post
    Two questions:
    1: where did you see this sale at?
    2: how long is it going on for?

I might have to check this out tomorrow since I was looking at an E-350 for my HTPC build, but I was also looking at an Athlon II x2 that would have been ~$20 more... this deal would make that setup cheaper overall.
    1) micro center
    2) unsure.