Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I love to solo old raids this thread has inspired me to push further. I'm worried that with the next xpack the change to stats will ruin soloing. They said we may find it harder to kill mobs lower then us cause the gap in hp is smaller. Is soloing coming to a dark age of panda.
    Stop nerfing every character I play! I want to be Op....

It's a little unfortunate, yes, but the stat gain from 85->90 should (I'd hope) make up for it.
    It may mean that 85 raids aren't doable at 90, while 80s mostly become trivial, which would just be awful . I hope I'm wrong on that point, having something challenging to solo every now and then is great fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hecow View Post
    I love to solo old raids this thread has inspired me to push further. I'm worried that with the next xpack the change to stats will ruin soloing. They said we may find it harder to kill mobs lower then us cause the gap in hp is smaller. Is soloing coming to a dark age of panda.
    I thought about this.

At level 45 you can get Exhileration, which heals you for 15% of your total health. At level 85 with 150k~ health, this would be a 22500 heal, which would've been on around a 20 second cooldown if Disengage stays the way it is now. This is pretty good for soloing. The improved Spirit Bond is also pretty nice, though it seems the 10% healing taken is gone, it still heals for 2% per 5 sec instead of 2% per 10 sec, which is great.

The biggest change is probably the Pet ones, meaning you can have a Spirit Beast Tenacity pet - meaning BM will probably be the top notch soloing spec if it still has Spirit Mend. This basically means you have healing through Disengage, Spirit Mend and Spirit Bond, as long as these stays the way they are.

And I doubt the damage we do will decrease, the increased gear level gain and stat gain will make a huge difference in our solo abilities, and it really all comes down to what kind of plans they have for our pet talents and such. If they do make it harder to kill lower level mobs then that SHOULDN'T be an issue since bosses are considered our level +3, but if they are also changing it for low level raid bosses, which I doubt, then I guess soloing will be more challenging. I doubt they will ruin such a big aspect of the game, specially considering Transmorph gear and such.

I didnt hear anything about the point of killing lower mobs is going to be harder though, neither did my mates who watched the stream. When was this, and anymore details?
    Hi

I remember reading a post about it on this site, saying something about the stat gain from 1-85 being toned down. Trying to dig it back up again atm.
    Ah, duh, one of those front page Q&A's I couldn't be bothered to read through fully.
    Q: Will you be making any changes to how stats work?

Yes. As World of Warcraft has matured and more expansions, content updates, and tiers of equipment have been released, players’ stats have begun to inflate exponentially. At this point, the numbers for health, mana, and so on are threatening to get out of control. In order to combat this and bring statistics back to earth -- or Azeroth, as it were -- in Mists of Pandaria, we will be “flattening” the statistic curve in places where it no longer needs to behave exponentially (primarily at the point of the end game for old expansions). In practice, this means that upon the expansion’s release, the numbers for Strength, Health, Intellect, damage, and so on will be significantly lower than you’re used to seeing across the board, from level 1 to level 85. It’s all relative, of course -- enemies’ and bosses’ stats will be reduced as well, and it should take a level-85 warrior roughly the same number of many sword-whacks and ability uses to kill a level-85 monster as it did before. However, this also means the difference between each level between 1 and 85 will be less significant, so you may find that an enemy 5 or 10 levels below your own will be a little tougher to deal with than it was before.
    Actually doesn't say anything specific about 85->90, so who knows? We could end up killing deathwing off solo by the end of next expansion .
    Last edited by Braindwen; 2011-10-22 at 10:31 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Braindwen View Post
    I remember reading a post about it on this site, saying something about the stat gain from 1-85 being toned down. Trying to dig it back up again atm.
    If true, I doubt it will make much of a difference, it would probably just mean the stat gain we get from current 85 to 90 isnt as big of a gap as 80 to 85 was, meaning we would probably see a slight increase to stats, but not such an overall gain as we did with Cataclysm. I dont think we have much to worry about.
    Hi

Even if it makes any diference. A solo is a challenge. If lv 70 raids arent a challenge for us now we need move to lv 80 and so on... At lv90 will be the same, but probably we will not solo the previus tier like we doing now. If lv 60 raids were hard to solo we could have fun with it of corse...
    I dont think this changes nothing.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah just hope it will not be a set back. I want to do more content solo not step back.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Very nice compilation, but some ratings are pretty inconsistent... I guess some bosses are more skill-dependent and some are more gear-dependent.
    For example, I'd put Ossirian and Magtheridon down to 2 and Ony up to 4...but I guess it's different for everyone.
    Also, you should put info on Atramedes as a soloable Cata raid boss (link)
    Old Gods made me do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Soloed Naj'entus in Black Temple, so now I wont need to get people to help me kill it each week. Good stuff.
    How? I've had ideas but haven't tried it yet, would be better to go in with a strat I know works.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    How? I've had ideas but haven't tried it yet, would be better to go in with a strat I know works.
    Rather easy really, at least if you're a Hunter / Class with Vanish etc.

As a BM Hunter I just placed my pet at a certain spot, misdirected Naj'entus to him, then DPS'd for around 10 seconds. After that I went to a 80yd range (Pet despawns at 90 or 100 so watch out for that), and the spine thing has a 80yd range so nothing will hit you. From here I just used Kill Command / Beastial Wrath on CD, and when the shield came up I dismissed the pet, he came for me, and when he was where I was standing I just Feign Death'd then a split second later got back up at summoned pet. This causes Naj'entus to lose his shield, but not reset his HP. Then I just went back to 80yd range in the other direction, rinse and repeat.

You can of course DPS him for longer, but the spike could kill you at a point since he usually refreshes it on you.

This was the only working strat I found after hours of different tactics :P
    Hi

Does feign death not do the same thing as 80 yard range?

10+ Year Old Account
    Does feign death not do the same thing as 80 yard range?
    I found that not being in his melee range will just make him go back to his position and reset everything, shooting him with ranged didn't work, only when I was in his melee range I was able to not make him reset 100%. Hence the switching back and fourth.
    Hi

Hmm, will give it a shot.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lady vashj super pain for me to solo. Tainteds spawn is suck fest.

Hmm.. tried soloing Onyxia for a few hours and still couldn't get it to work.
    As my main spec is my raiding SV spec (my group needs the 10% haste), I could only use my Beth H MM spec (w/o spirit bond) for soloing purposes (I do have 2pcT5 thhough).
    Here is my armory: http://tw.battle.net/wow/zh/characte.../Lure/advanced (Hm.. I can't seem to find an option to turn the page into english)
    At first I tried AoE down the first wave of whelps and dps boss down while MD big adds to my turtle, on a few tries I successfully pushed ony into P3 right around the 2nd wave of whelps but the combined wraths of the boss and the adds usually kill my pet before I could take down the adds.
    A few tried later I tried FDing the first wave of whelps, but they would still go after my pet after getting back to their spawn points despite me putting my pet on the furthest end of the room. Furthermore I couldn't seem to despawn any of the big adds despite feigning before they cross the border of the room, they would head back to the top of the ramp leading into the room, and aggro again when they next add spawn (is this intended?)
    Still working it out and any advices would be appreciated.
    Last edited by taaveti; 2011-11-02 at 11:08 AM.

A update and a question:

First off, I cleared AQ10 (Ruins) last night on a whim (was farming Exalted BOE gear by resetting the Rajaxx trash, got bored and just went through). With i373 gear, a ferocity pet, and my normal raiding SV spec I was easily able to down all the bosses. Buru I didn't have to kite, and Ossirian came at me a couple times but no biggie. So I think those may be reclassifiable as 1s (maybe 2 for Ossirian?).

Question: what's the current thinking on BWL? Is Razorgore still not soloable, or has a new strat come out?
    Last edited by Kalcheus; 2011-11-02 at 02:30 PM.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Deleted
    Hmm, will give it a shot.
    pun intented?

/lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    A update and a question:

First off, I cleared AQ10 (Ruins) last night on a whim (was farming Exalted BOE gear by resetting the Rajaxx trash, got bored and just went through). With i373 gear, a ferocity pet, and my normal raiding SV spec I was easily able to down all the bosses. Buru I didn't have to kite, and Ossirian came at me a couple times but no biggie. So I think those may be reclassifiable as 1s (maybe 2 for Ossirian?).

Question: what's the current thinking on BWL? Is Razorgore still not soloable, or has a new strat come out?
    Razorgore is apparantly still doable if you bug it out, at least I've heard people mention it recently. The rest is easy. You can probably just youtube search "Razorgore solo", I believe there is a video of a warrior that does it, same basic strategy that Hunters use.

Quote Originally Posted by theorangebox View Post
    pun intented?

/lol
    Lysah is always hunting for some good pun's!
    Hi

I'm a literary master, if you will.

This was kinda dead so will link my last 2 videos:
    Gothik the Harvester http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3mlXOJV28A

The Four Horsemen http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIDJa1Gt32A

---------- Post added 2011-11-12 at 10:05 PM ----------

This one is probably a world 1st solo hunter, at least didnt found any on youtube.
    Hunter solo High Warlord Naj'entus http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57-GJUpEC4M