Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkynhalvos View Post
    Just for fun, earlier today I tried Occu'thar on 10 man after the group killed Aliz. Panzer (my turtle) had 187k self-buffed, I was around 202k or so. Managed to last 1 minute 29 seconds against him before he finally killed Panzer, that was about 4 seconds prior to the second eyeball phase. If our soloing abilities end up near where they are now in MoP, I see this guy being soloed early on soon after hitting 90. Mechanics weren't hard to manage, just keep an eye on the ability timers. Eyeball phase is a non-issue, as FD drops yours and there's no others to hit.
    Well I usually hit the enrage timer, but yeah probably on lvl 90 its easy to solo
    Last edited by mmoce9a2d211fe; 2012-06-14 at 05:12 AM.

I'm not sure why my pet cant keep aggro.

I'm trying to do Karathress. I send in pet, let him attack for 5 secs or so then MD and multi shot 2-3times. Then I try to unload on Carbdis but eventually, my pet (turtle) will lose aggro and all hell breaks loose.

I have fairly fresh 85 (still a green weapon).

Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by tangosmango View Post
    I'm not sure why my pet cant keep aggro.

I'm trying to do Karathress. I send in pet, let him attack for 5 secs or so then MD and multi shot 2-3times. Then I try to unload on Carbdis but eventually, my pet (turtle) will lose aggro and all hell breaks loose.

I have fairly fresh 85 (still a green weapon).

Any ideas?

Threat from a misdirect will only last for 30 seconds, then disappear. I would imagine with lower gear the fight is dragging out and the threat from MD is simply falling off, or over a longer fight duration your healing threat is exceeding the meager amount of threat that a few MD's will give you.

Work MD into your rotation, use it consistently and use your FD wisely.

Hilarious day for me. Ran Stonecore and got the Vitreous Drake on kill #2. Left and went to Vortex Pinnacle for the Drake there. After 20 attempts I left and ran VoA. No luck there so I realized I had a quest to turn in from running Stonecore. Flew up to Therazane for the turn in and flew back, on the offchance I'd run into Aeonaxx. Just as I was about to click the portal for Stormwind, npcscan goes off and sure enough its Aeonaxx. 6pm server and I had the time to fly from inside the pillar to nearly in front of the Stonecore entrance to tag and kill it.

Two Drakes in one day. Twenty VP runs and no drake there though.

Haha Koochulu.. yesterday something like that happened to me... About 7:00 AM i found Time-lost Proto Drake and got its mount... At night, trying out Malygos as i do every week, finally the Azure Drake came to me (missing the Blue Drake yet, though... x.x).

Im trying hard to get Poseidus, Aeonaxx and the Grey Camel from Uldum, but not very lucky yet...

Every week i solo too Tempest Keep, Onixya, VOA and KZ for the mounts.. Seeing this topic remembered me that i could try Vortex Pinnacle and StoneCore too.. =x

Winner Edit (edited 14/06): A couple minutes ago i found the Mysterious Camel Figurine and it was the 'right one'... *-* So, Time-lost, Azure Drake and Grey Camel on 2 days... Yes, im happy!! haha

Winner Edit 2 (edited 15/06): OMG!! Cant believe i got Poseidus too! Found him about 2 hours ago... So, 4 mounts in 3 days, and 3 of them are rare spawns... Im seriously thinking about to play lottery tomorrow.. haha
    Last edited by Warrada; 2012-06-16 at 12:02 AM.

Any chance this will get stickied? had to dig it out of page 2....

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for this thread. Since coming back a few weeks ago I picked up a set of 378/384 gear and started working on the worth while bosses to solo. This week I managed to solo Kael'thas, Malygos, and two VoA bosses (got the mount on the 2nd kill). I tried Kael as BM, but I found it to substantially easier as MM. Superior AoE and healing wins.

Deleted
    So the difficulties of the listed encounters are either easy, impossible or unknown. There are no hard encounters??

Quote Originally Posted by tangosmango View Post
    In MOP hunters will not be able to equip main hand and ranged at the same time, so will Kael Thas be possible since you have to equip staff (do you even have to)?
    Killed KT on a premade hunter (lvl 85) as BM. I equipped the staff for the buff, which removed my bow. I just had my pet and crows do all the damage. It took longer, but was a cakewalk just like on live.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerbs View Post
    Any chance this will get stickied? had to dig it out of page 2....
    Could always add it to some sort of "useful sticky post" stuff in the near future. I'm a bit lazy these days due to summer and all though, so got very, very little free time for some reason. And here I thought vacation = lots of free time. Oh well, I guess I'm different.

You could always ask Dracodraco to do something fancy, he's pretty good at doing fancy stuff.

I'll be remaking the original post sometime next week though, to be updated as well as look a bit better. A lot better, actually. If anyone has any youtube channels with a lot of good soloing vids, feel free to PM them to me so I can add them to the different bosses when that time comes.
    Hi

Algalon has been soloed 11 difficulty

What gear levels are required to do Gruul, SSC, etc? My hunter is only 82, is that enough or do I need 85 + 384 gear?

Quote Originally Posted by gibbie99 View Post
    What gear levels are required to do Gruul, SSC, etc? My hunter is only 82, is that enough or do I need 85 + 384 gear?
    Certainly don't need 384 gear to do Burning Crusade, especially the tier you're talking about. But I would recommend being 85, just to make it that much easier for yourself. It will primarily help you in the survivability of your pet since his health will be much higher. You're also missing 3 talent points, which would either not give you the 15% stam from the Survival tree, another nerf to your pets survivability, or you can't get ANY spirit bond... ouch.

Gruul is very easy, High King Maulgar isn't as easy so I would definitely wait for 85 for that one. MOST of SSC is really easy, there are a few bosses that can dish out some damage though, especially Lady Vash'j depending on how many adds get to her.

I personally would take a little time and get to 85, at that point start hitting Gruul and SSC. As you accumulate more gear from LFD and LFR continue moving up the raid ranks. When you're at around 384 you should be able to do the WOTLK bosses, Maly/Ony/Sarth (that are even solo'able) pretty well, as well as the more difficult Burning Crusade bosses, Sunwell and Kael'Thas for example.

Good Luck and let us know if you need help with a particular encounter.

Have you ever wanted to kick your own arse before? Well, I just did.

Did my soloing of bwl like normal. Ending with Nefarian of course. Which means I used my heirloom bow. After bwl I went to Sunwell. No problems until Eredar Twins. I just could not dps either one of them fast enough before they combined to kill me. I spent ~4+ hours on it after bwl that night. Came back to it the next day and spent another few hours on it. Until I realized... yep... I left my heirloom bow on. I was SOOOO mad at myself for wasting all that time. One shot it when I equipped my regular bow.

Lesson here: make sure you have the right gear on.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just soloed Kael'thas. Killed him on my seventh attempt. The mount dropped. Here is a screenshot. Also, I did derp on the name in guild chat. I was so excited, I ended up typing Al'ar instead of Kael'thas.
    Last edited by reuva; 2012-07-02 at 02:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallinsinner View Post
    I just soloed Kael'thas. Killed him on my seventh attempt. The mount dropped. Here is a screenshot. Also, I did derp on the name in guild chat. I was so excited, I ended up typing Al'ar instead of Kael'thas.
    First off... Gratz! Second off... This is not how you reveal to the world that you finally obtained one of the most rare and sought after items in the World... of Warcraft. First you loot it off your kill and keep it in your bags, then wait for a raid night or LFR. Use the chat channel a few times telling people to "loot corpses please" since no one ever does! Then make some remark later on about how you see sparklies on a dead mob... hopefully holding up the pull so everyone is waiting for you.... then freak out in chat that the mob dropped Ashes of Al'ar... THEN you "use" it and get the achievement in front of everyone and watch as I would guess AT LEAST half of the raid believes you actually just looted Ashes off of random mob. Enjoy the incoming ninja-tickets Blizzard!
    How-To Video's for Hunter solo'ing

http://www.youtube.com/user/DIsteevnash

This is a brilliant thread and brings back so memories of the old school bosses. I remember back in vanilla WoW kiting some mobs in AQ20 and killing them eventually through a use of pet and traps, hoping for something to drop (can't really remember what it was). Will definitely be keeping an eye on this thread!

Put up some more mini-bosses, similar to the Elite Pets from 4.2. This time it was 6 of the 8 guys from the Achievement "Gurubashi Headhunter" from Zul'gurub. These guys drop a lot of profession materials and can be cleared over and over by resetting the instance after you kill them. The remaining two mobs don't drop anything useful.

Just curious, will there be further updates for this by chance in the future? I looked at the OP and can already see some of the descriptions for these fights seem... well out of date >.>.

Quote Originally Posted by lazypeon100 View Post
    Just curious, will there be further updates for this by chance in the future? I looked at the OP and can already see some of the descriptions for these fights seem... well out of date >.>.
    I believe the Mod, Asrialol, is working on updating the info