Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Question: What are the required bosses in Kara? Based on what I could find, it sounds like Moroes, Opera, Curator, and Chess are the only ones required to fight Malechazzar. Is that correct, or does Shade of Aran and/or Netherspite have to be killed as well?

---------- Post added 2011-08-25 at 10:59 AM ----------

Second Question: With Naxx, is it feasible to stealth past some bosses; for example, skip Patchwerk to get to Grobbulus?
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Deleted
    Thanks for the info ... it's greatly appreciated. I recently got into soloing (on a hunter) and just created a guild called "We solo stuff" on Ysera intended for (soloing) mains and alts to have a forum to share strategies, tips and experiences regarding, well, soloing stuff ... or if you just need a /invite to start your raid. See you there ...

Ok, almost answered my first question. I was able to down Malechazzar without killing Netherspite. As for the Shade of Aran, I went ahead and killed it anyway to open up the port from downstairs, which was a good thing since I died on Malechazzar the first time (once I figured out the Enfeeble mechanic, it went much smoother).

So I also want to add: How I soloed Chess Event

It took several efforts and different strategies before I found one that worked. However, RNG is a huge factor in this event so this strategy is not guaranteed to work every or even any time.

First, I started the event off, jumped out of the king, and then moved his pawn forward so he had space when Medivh cheated.
    Next, on the King's side, I moved the pawn in front of the knight next.
    After that, I grabbed the King's side Rook and moved him two spaces diagonal (h1-f3 in chess terminology) to help AOE protect the right side
    At this point, Medivh cheated with flames, and I went to the King and moved him forward a spot. I stayed in the King for a good amount of time, spamming the Heroism and Cleave, with priority on Heroism.
    --(see below)
    When the King's side Rook died, I mimicked on the Queen's side what I had done to bring out the Rook
    --At either this point, or before the Queen's side Rook was moved, I moved the Queen up a square in order to get her on Blackhand. This move is probably optional, as Blackhand came forward soon to be within range.
    After the positioning was done, I went back into the King and stayed there the entire time until Blackhand (who had moved almost all the way up) was dead. The King was required to move again (either to avoid fire or better positioning, I forget which).

The keys:
    Keep Heroism up as much as you can
    Move Rooks for their AOE - opposing pieces can trap your king if there are too many of them, and you end up getting killed by Medivh cheating; having the Rooks out helps to reduce the opposing forces
    Staying in the King helps against Medivh cheats
    Using the Bishop seemed to work on some attempts until a Medivh cheat late (either flames or empowered pieces) completely overrode the heals available; I didn't find the Bishop useful as a result

Good luck!
    Last edited by Kalcheus; 2011-08-26 at 10:28 AM.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Was able to do Lady Vashj tonight with myself and a pally healer. Was very tough, took several tries, but got it down. Not sure if this fight could ever be done with 1 person without an insane amount of luck. The mechanics just don't work for only one person. It was very fun though.

---------- Post added 2011-08-26 at 03:52 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchmitch View Post
    If you labelled Vashj impossible because the core roots you I have good news for you! The core no longer roots you in place, I'm not sure when it was changed or why it was changed, but you can now move freely with it. Good luck!
    The thing that makes it impossible for 1 person is the 15 sec time limit on the tainteds. With an arena that huge it takes luck to get to 4 before the adds, and subsequently the boss stacks, get out of control. Very doable with 2 players though if you don't mind wiping a few times to get the hang of things, and getting exactly the right position to be able to see as much of the arena as possible.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tularian View Post

The thing that makes it impossible for 1 person is the 15 sec time limit on the tainteds. With an arena that huge it takes luck to get to 4 before the adds, and subsequently the boss stacks, get out of control. Very doable with 2 players though if you don't mind wiping a few times to get the hang of things, and getting exactly the right position to be able to see as much of the arena as possible.

It can be soloed as a Hunter and as a DK. Just requires perfect executioning while getting the Cores since they might spawn far away from you. So yeah you need a lot of luck for those spawns

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a question for your fight with Netherspite.. Being a hunter, could you stand in one beam and put your pet to stand in another? taking out 2 beams? Just wondering, seems like a good idea.. to me. =P
    <~$~("The truth, is limitless in its range. If you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt.")~$~> L.F.

<~$~("The most hopelessly stupid man is he who is not aware he is wise.")~$~> I.A.

Quote Originally Posted by Japskidin View Post
    It can be soloed as a Hunter and as a DK. Just requires perfect executioning while getting the Cores since they might spawn far away from you. So yeah you need a lot of luck for those spawns
    Do you mind PM'ing me your strat or posting it on here? Between the fear spam and far away spawns Lady Vashj was up to I think 84 stacks by the time I got the 4 cores when trying it solo. Is there a good place to stand where you can see the entire arena or most of it at least? I'm kind of new to the whole soloing thing but loving it so far so any help would be appreciated. One idea I had was to take a couple points out of my pet's mitigation talents and moving them to mobility talents, would that help? Thanks in advance!

BTW I'm using the standard soloing MM and pet builds.

I found the bug trio quite hard as BM or SV. The way I found it possible was by taming Yauj and killing the others.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm having some issues with Kel'thuzad. Phase 1 isn't difficult at all, and i got the transition running smoothly from attempt one. My problem is that when i feign death once the adds have targeted me, they perceive the presence of my pet after seemingly running back to reset (for a second or two), and start attacking it. I intentionally used a pet spec without point in self healing, and i make sure not to mend pet when they spawn.

Could anyone enlighten me as to why they turn towards my pet, seemingly without reason? Would be highly appreciated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mea View Post
    I'm having some issues with Kel'thuzad. Phase 1 isn't difficult at all, and i got the transition running smoothly from attempt one. My problem is that when i feign death once the adds have targeted me, they perceive the presence of my pet after seemingly running back to reset (for a second or two), and start attacking it. I intentionally used a pet spec without point in self healing, and i make sure not to mend pet when they spawn.

Could anyone enlighten me as to why they turn towards my pet, seemingly without reason? Would be highly appreciated.
    Perhaps you Feign too late?
    Hi

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Perhaps you Feign too late?
    I thought it might be something along the lines of that. I've tried feigning before they aquire me as a target, within a second of the target, and a few variations with more delay. Doesen't seem to help, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    As was mentioned, Assembly of Iron is soloable. Perhaps there is some more elaborate tactic, but I did it by stacking loads of stamina so my pet just survived everything.
    Patchwerk is soloable as well. At my current gear level, I can probably have enough stamina for the pet to survive, but you generally need to keep overaggroing so that your pet has time to heal. You can reset his enrage by abusing the same mechanic Jidder did in his solo of this boss. Alternative tactic for PW involves switching between different turtle pets and always having a pet cooldown up. This makes it possible to do the encounter without cheats, but is obviously a lot harder.
    Felmyst has been soloed, having low DPS or failing at killing adds properly will wipe you though.
    Players will no longer randomly suffer falling damage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Viscidus Possible
    Fix it 4 ya.
    IT IS POSSIBLE!!! GOD DAMN I OWNED HIM WITH MY HUNTER !!!!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Violent View Post
    I have a question for your fight with Netherspite.. Being a hunter, could you stand in one beam and put your pet to stand in another? taking out 2 beams? Just wondering, seems like a good idea.. to me. =P
    No need, just take the green and nuke hard. Even with the red beam he does not hurt your pet enough. I messed my only solo attempt and once I could no longer take the green beam he went back to full, but the dumb thing then went into nether phase or whatever, and shut off the beams and I took him down then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkets View Post
    Fix it 4 ya.
    IT IS POSSIBLE!!! GOD DAMN I OWNED HIM WITH MY HUNTER !!!!!
    How, though? When you're gonna shatter him? Do you use 2x 1.30 speed daggers, haste stacked, rapid fire + pot of speed + Ancient Hysteria from pet? Or?
    Hi

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hunty View Post
    Soloed AQ40 first boss today. Did it as a MM hunter in pretty bad gear, dismissed my pet to avoid the MC.
    Just shot him while running up the stairs, then jumping off to get some time to just stand and dps while he runs back down.
    Had only 7k hp left once i killed him though, but certainly with better gear it should be pretty easy like that.
    I think it's easier just to MD your pet and FD and go afk while your pet kills him.

+1 for sticky

Just finishing up the 371 honor gear grind on a garbage alt and this is exactly what i was looking for.
    Oswald was over hit cap.

15+ Year Old Account
    Kara is incredibly easy.. but I can't beat chess.

At the start I move two grunts (ones in front of my king and my warlock) forward so I can get those two guys out incase of fire.

Then I use warlock and start burning down king. Move king and warlock when fire comes. No matter what I do though. my warlock will die before he can kill king (was so close last time), or my king will die. Healing is pointless, it does heals nothing compared to what they do to my king. Sigh, time to try again.

---------- Post added 2011-08-28 at 09:59 PM ----------

lol.. finally beat him. I decided to move grunt in front of king like always, then moved the daemon into a spot where he could aoe fine, then went to the healer. Just shadow bolt spammed and healed blackhand whenever I could, finally got it. Was really close at the end though, blackhand was about to die because he was croweded by a water ele, mage, and the other king and they all were buffed up.

Yay!

Instance: Vault of Archavon
    Boss Name: Emalon the storm watcher
    Spec: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/tool/tal...Qhd!j!ZYWfRklN
    pet:
    Tactic / Description of fight: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...solo-by-Dugley
    Basically gear for stamina, use 2pcT5, and tank and spank, ignore the adds when they blow up, and make sure you MD everything on to your pet
    Difficulty: 6.5 - The tactic was easy, it's a matter of outgearing the fight and outhealing the boss. With my current gear I found him to be slightly harder than kael'thas and onyxia.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    Solid idea. How do you counter her Arcane Missiles? She constantly spams them on me, even when pet has full aggro advantage, and it's just barely too much for glyphed Chimera + Spirit Bond to handle. Annoys the hell out of me.
    Bm with a spirit beast made the fight a total joke.
    Colour my life with the chaos of trouble.