Question Difference between these 2 motherboards.

Hi, I'm not allowed to post any links as I am new so please excuse the sloppiness of this post!

I am looking to build a new pc and have these two motherboards in mind:

ASUS SABERTOOTH P67 (REV 3.0) LGA 1155 Intel P67 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

or

GIGABYTE GA-Z68X-UD4-B3 LGA 1155 Intel Z68 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

I am a little bit of a noob when it comes to motherboards so any info would greatly be appreciated. The main difference i see is one is Intel P67 and the other is Intel Z68. I copied and pasted the Items from newegg so search for them there if you want to look at the technical details or whatever. I would also like to know opinions(or facts) on which is better.

15+ Year Old Account
    Main difference:
    North bridge: The Z68 has the same features as the H67 AND the P67, pluss some features of its own.

With a z68 board, you can combine an SSD + an HDD to get an HDD with upto 64GB of chace (depending on the size of your SSD). Chace is a temproary memory an HDD uses in order to rapidly use a file it has recently used. Normally, this memory is at only 16/32/64 MB. Chacing with an SSD is also a little bit different, instead of storing the last 64GB you used. It will store the most used 64GB and speed those 64GB up to the speeds of your SSD.

PCB: Gigabyte used twice as much copper for twice as much power in their PCBs. If you dont understand what this means, it is probably not very important to you.

Other differences include USB ports, firewire ports, PCI-E ports, Sata ports etc.

I would have went for the Gigabyte board, simply because it uses newer technology. But i have not heard anything bad about neither of the boards or their producers.
    Your greed, your foolishness has brought you to this end.

- Prince Malchezaar

Do you mean cache Kail?
    Krimson states...
    Clearly the correct play here is to drop acid everyday.
    Just because you can't easily overdose on acid doesn't mean that dropping 50 hits in a night won't turn you into a drooling retard.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beeler77 View Post
    Do you mean cache Kail?
    Obviously, as if there are any other computer related words that is spelled cache. Or my miss spelling ''chache''.
    Your greed, your foolishness has brought you to this end.

- Prince Malchezaar

Thanks for the info, it was greatly appreciated. I'm leaning more towards the gigabyte board now.

the sabertooth is actually a much smoother OC'er though its p67.

if you are going for Z68 boards..wait for a few weeks. There are a lot of new z68 boards coming including the ones from EVGA. Right now the Asus p8z68-v-pro seems to be the king of z68s.