Raid lockout question

tried searching and couldn't find anything on it...
    If I'm saved to a 10M raid, only partially completed, and joined a 25 man raid, if they are at the same point through that i am, am i able to join the raid or am i stuck going for 10 man and not 25 for rest of the raid?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Only heroic modes lock you out of joining other heroic mode groups (regardless of 10 vs 25 man).

Normal mode you can freely switch between 10man and 25man.
    You can also freely join other groups 10 or 25 normal mode so long as all the bosses they have available are ones you have available as well.

The only thing I'm not 100% sure on is a scenario like this:
    1 - You are in a 10man and kill a few bosses.
    2 - You leave the group before clearing the whole instance (say you cleared 3/5 normal mode 10man).
    3 - Your 10man you were in, but are no longer in, finds a replacement and resumes to clear the rest on heroic 10man.

I know in this scenario you CAN join another 10man group that has cleared 3+/5 normal mode 10 or 25man. I do not know if you would be able to join a 3+/5 heroic mode group as your previous group chose to do 10man heroic. Although YOU personally were not saved to this 10man heroic, you were part of the original group.

This scenario is quite complex and is rare to happen. If this were prevented I could see why. A guild could just clear 10man BoT 3/5 in an alt run. Then take 1 of the alts and add 24 players to it and procede to kill the rest on Heroic 25man so that they can get heroic sinestra. Technically the other 9 alts still have a 3/5 BoT lockout available (and thus 9 more weeks of only having to kill cho'gall+sinestra), but as they were part of that 1 alts original group would they too be removed from being able to do heroic modes (Unless, of course they wanted to save themselves to a 5/5 25Heroic BoT)?
    Last edited by coolflame; 2011-08-21 at 03:12 AM.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by coolflame View Post
    A guild could just clear 10man BoT 3/5 in an alt run. Then take 1 of the alts and add 24 players to it and procede to kill the rest on Heroic 25man so that they can get heroic sinestra. Technically the other 9 alts still have a 3/5 BoT lockout available (and thus 9 more weeks of only having to kill cho'gall+sinestra), but as they were part of that 1 alts original group would they too be removed from being able to do heroic modes (Unless, of course they wanted to save themselves to a 5/5 25Heroic BoT)?
    Tested this exact scenario more or less. Specifically:
    - One alt was saved to a 3/5 normal BoT.
    - Alt invited main to raid, raid is set to 25N, main zones in to a 3/5N raid.
    - Main is made raid leader, alt leaves the instance and the raid.
    - Main sets to heroic, now a heroic id is formed (3/5). Alt is not part of that ID.
    - 25-man raid with mains enters that heroic id, kills Cho and Sinestra, the id is at 5/5.
    - Alt is still on 3/5. If alt sets instance to heroic and zones in, it prompts a 3/5 heroic save.

tl;dr: what you described above works.

However, if any of the first 3 kills is done in heroic, then it will most likely not work (there may be a workaround for this too, although it would be very confusing to type). We tried a while ago to have one of our members who missed Sinestra kill to extend his 4/5 lockout, but once we set it to heroic it was 5/5.