Poll: Should raid sizes become 15 mans in next expansion?

Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Should raid sizes become 15 man?

Hello.

Recently there was a thread about Blizzard's Tom Chilton regretting to add a 3 difficulty system instead of two in the current expansion. I assumed he meant by easy/normal/hard. That would make perfect sense since it can cause a lot of problems with the people whining and thus cause Blizzard calm down with the constant nerfs to normal modes. Obviously easy modes should reward blue gear but that. Anyways I read somewhere in that thread that someone posted about Blizzard thinking that they wish they can make raid sizes 15 mans instead of 10/25 mans. Even if I was just imagining it or it was just some quick thought, I honestly think it would be a good idea for raid sizes in next expansion to become 15 mans instead of what it is now and please, lets think honestly about this, this could solve numerous balancing issues/comp issues/class stackings (relatively speaking with in 25 mans it is easier to class stack compared to 10 man) and possibly lag issues (depending if you're in 25 man). Example is that 15 mans can require a comp that is in between the requirements in 10 mans and 25 mans. Another is possibly 25 man guilds splitting up or leading to 2 15 man groups since most 25 man guilds (from what i've seen) have over 30 people logging over all the time, and 10 man guilds just need to find 5 more people can be much more calmer about finding the best comp for x boss. Only downside I see with this system is that guilds could possibly break up but really, people thought the same thing for Cataclysm but that barely happened (at least from my experiences, again being biased here).

Thanks for the thoughts/reply.

EDIT: NOT adding a new raid size in next expansion but removing 10/25 mans for solely 15 mans.
    Last edited by Kickbuttmario; 2011-08-21 at 08:03 PM.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Or blizz should just make up some formula to determine the damage/health of mobs based on raid size. >_>

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    it sounds like a good idea to me now that they are shared lockout with same loot, hard to balance 10 and 25, 15 is a pretty ideal number

Quote Originally Posted by Williamgood View Post
    Or blizz should just make up some formula to determine the damage/health of mobs based on raid size. >_>
    ^This. From 10 to 40 ppl raid.

10+ Year Old Account
    How would achievements work? o.O

15+ Year Old Account
    Would require them to balance every encounter regardless of interrupts, melee:range, size of room, etc. Which I think would result in too many of the boss fights seeming similar... which is a lot of people's complaints as is.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    How would achievements work? o.O
    like ey work now?

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't want them to change the sizes.

Should they? yes. Will they sometime in the near future? no. then again please refer to "soon" tm
    -My advice is to chill a little, sit back, and watch Deathwing destroy your world.
    -DID YOU KNOW that the declaration of independence contains 1337 words??

Why can't we go back to 20? Worked in ZG. You have two 10 mans, oh my, they can become a 20 man raid. 10 20 40, nice and round. 25 has always felt like... "let's jam 5 more people in here because we can."

::shrugs::

15m would be the perfect balance imo.

Slightly larger group scale but not large enough to have the hassle that comes with managing 25m, and 40m before it.

Much more convenient to organize groups and form raid composition. You have more leeway in who you bring compared to 10m being relatively rigid in who and what you bring and recruit.

Large enough to have a bit more epic of a feel while still retaining the close knit style people have become accustomed to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sofii View Post
    I don't want them to change the sizes.
    But why not?

15 is easier to balance. I'd love it if they had 15 mans and 25 mans. 10 is a little too small to feel like a "Raid" and its quite annoying in raids like BH/VoA particularly where you bring 1 of each class or get fucked over on loot
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    You do know what islands in the ocean do right?
    They float
    true story

If every boss was Patchwerk sure, this would work. But since most bosses are not simple tank and spank fights this is simply impossible. You cannot spawn a half or a third of an add or a half or third of a crystal or a half or third of an orb, etc. Raids have to have set sizes to balance around since damage/health of mobs is almost always a tiny fraction of how a fight is balanced.

OT: Yes, I would prefer a 15 man raid size over 10 man as it would be more flexible in getting the required buffs, comps, etc over how unforgiving it can be for small guilds like mine with few alternates to sub in to down content. Not having to brute force or get that perfect attempt to first down a progression boss since we don't have an ideal comp all the time would be nice.
    Last edited by shandala; 2011-08-21 at 06:31 AM. Reason: OT

15+ Year Old Account
    10/15/25 would work well honestly.

10+ Year Old Account
    10/15/25 will be perfect.
    15 is much better than 10 man but still not as hard to manage as 25man.

But floating raid size with boss hp depending on amount of players in raid will be even better. It should be used on normal modes only ofc.

Quote Originally Posted by seam View Post
    10/15/25 would work well honestly.
    They're having a hard time balancing 10 mans and 25 mans as it is, adding a third would just slow things down a lot more. With 15-Man raids (and only 15-man raids) Blizzard would alleviate the stress that comes with balancing two different formats, and could probably put all that saved effort into creating another difficulty mode for each counter (Normal / Valiant / Heroic)

7man and 15man would be good sizes imo.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zheryn View Post
    7man and 15man would be good sizes imo.
    Worst troll i've seen in a good while.

And everyone who says 15 mans would work has no idea what so ever what they are talking about, do you realize how hard blizzard struggle allready to balance 10/25 mans...dear god get a grip.

(User was infracted for this post)
    Last edited by mmoc2e3dee3473; 2011-08-21 at 03:20 PM.

Nonononono, please no. I love my 25mans