Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Druids - What can we solo

Tonight my question for all you fellow druids is what can we solo? My question comes as many of us are trying to get our Transmogrifier set. Personally I have chosen t2, I want to look like a moose. This has required me to enter BWL and MC. BWL was probably easily soloable (other than the first boss, of course) but I had a friend with me since the first boss isn't soloable anyway. MC on the other hand I easily soloed. The only moderately difficult boss was Majordomo, but I get the feeling if I hadn't forgotten mushrooms at the pull it would have been simple. So now I ask, what else would I be able to solo? (By the way, I'm a balance/resto druid. I used balance for MC for the dps, and do not have a feral set at all)

As feral, you can solo A LOT. Almost all of Vanilla, excluding a few because of mechanics, and a lot of BC.

But as Balance, you probably can solo a lot of vanilla, but probably not all that much of BC, but I wish the best of luck to ya if you attempt for those T4-T6.

Places you probably could do (note I'm feral):
    Kara
    MC
    BWL (after first boss)
    AQ20

Places that you might have a bit of trouble (ones that take time to learn, once again, I am feral):
    AQ 40 (can't do all of it clearly)
    Magtheridon
    The Eye
    Some SSC (Definitely not Vashj)

I wish the best of luck to ya. And if you can't solo it, grab a friend who doesn't share your tokens, you'd be surprised how much people want that old tier now haha

Deleted
    2 man shoot BWL yesterday, hunter and me as cat, no sweat at all, 1st boss toke some time

Quote Originally Posted by Sadeh View Post
    (you can run even if you have core in the bag)
    I did it a few weeks ago, and you definitely could not run with core in bag. I brought ina hunter and a priest to help me run cores (and hunter roflstomped striders)

As a chicken, I have solo'd aq40 to (But not downing) twin emps, aq20 all the way through, molten core to whichever one has the healers, nothing in bwd due to razorgore, and just about all of karazhan. Anything much more and you would require another person to go with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Ford
    Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why few engage in it.
    This explains a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by BoomChickn View Post
    As a chicken, I have solo'd aq40 to (But not downing) twin emps, aq20 all the way through, molten core to whichever one has the healers, nothing in bwd due to razorgore, and just about all of karazhan. Anything much more and you would require another person to go with.
    Molten Core is soloable as a boomkin. For the ones with adds, just put out mushrooms, pull them into them, blow them up, starfall, and solarbeam. Put down more mushrooms, explode them. Healers should be dead. I'm gonna try Karazhan and AQ20 though at your suggestion

(My advice on Golemagg in MC though is to let the core hound aggro on to treants since he hits pretty hard for a 60 boss.)

Places you probably could do (note I'm feral):
    Kara
    MC
    BWL (after first boss)
    AQ20

Places that you might have a bit of trouble (ones that take time to learn, once again, I am feral):
    AQ 40 (can't do all of it clearly)
    Magtheridon
    The Eye
    Some SSC (Definitely not Vashj)
    I can say that I have done all of the top part of the list in Cat (the damage output it crazy on the old bosses) Like in BWL I can take all 3 of the drakes at once and Chromag and Nef is a joke.

Magtheridon is cake as a bear. I was able take him down with out going under 80% health.
    I agree with AQ40 and SSC. You need at least a second to take down these guys but it is doable.

I have heard that SunWell is doable aswell but I have yet to try it out.

I roll in my pvp gear most of the time but on guys like Mag I dawn my tanking gear (just an off-set reforged to dodge) and I don't have too much of a problem.

I think that most of the old raids are doable but you just need to go in prepared and know the fights so you know when to blow CDs and whatnot.

(Sry.. I forgot... I'm also Feral)

---Oh and I know this isn't solo but if you can get 2 decent dps to go with you... 10 man Ony is easy. -----
    Last edited by Pharsyde99; 2011-08-21 at 07:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Loriden View Post
    I did it a few weeks ago, and you definitely could not run with core in bag. I brought ina hunter and a priest to help me run cores (and hunter roflstomped striders)
    I can confirm you can run with cores.

Kara is pretty easy. I got Romeo and Juliet for Opera, easy mode. Got lost a bit after the door didn't open after Opera, but continued on killing trash for fun with mushrooms (awesome spell is awesome). Chess is what I got up to but it seems a bit of a crapshoot. I'm not really sure how it's supposed to be done, but it doesn't look to easy to solo. Damn events.

Quote Originally Posted by Gasillio View Post
    Kara is pretty easy. I got Romeo and Juliet for Opera, easy mode. Got lost a bit after the door didn't open after Opera, but continued on killing trash for fun with mushrooms (awesome spell is awesome). Chess is what I got up to but it seems a bit of a crapshoot. I'm not really sure how it's supposed to be done, but it doesn't look to easy to solo. Damn events.
    Chess is just using the Warlock to nuke down their King and keeping your King out of harms way
    Quote Originally Posted by Loriden View Post
    You must definitely can run with the cores now. You wont be able to solo it because of the range of the platform to have to run to the edge for the cores while the Naga/Striders/Elemental keep coming though

I am currently trying solo Kael in TK as a feral (full DPS gear) and it might be possible soon. As far as I know, the biggest issue are the adds when they come together. We can do pretty much the same thing as casters who are able to solo him - dot'n'run. It's harded...a lot but still *maybe* possible. On my best pull, I was killed by the Engineer who was by that time at 20% as a last of the adds. I had no cd left (and no chance to run away and heal at all - call it simply bad luck). Anyway, I am currently 382 ilvl and without Tol Barad trinket (let's hope for 391 Flamescythe this week) so I will probably gonna try it with full hc Firelands gear. If the feral is able to survive Kael phases after the adds, then it is pretty much doable, but very very challenging.

Don't know about the others tho but I am currently at:
    MC 10/10
    BWL (didn't try at all cause of 1st boss, who is unsoloable with execption of warlocks and hunters and with little bit exploit)
    AQ10 6/6
    AQ40 (didn't try, last 2 bosses are definitelly unsoloable)
    KZ 10/11 (didn't try Nightbane, chess event is easy as well as opera event even with The Big Bad Wolf)
    MGL 1/1
    GL 1/2 (obviously High King is still pretty hard to kill as feral but now I am able to kill his healer in the opener in few sec, with better gear, this will be doable with ease)
    SSC 5/6 (you actually CAN move with core in Vashj encounter now but no way you could kill all the adds so she will eventually have insane number of stacks and will just kill you in last phase, especially when Striders keep fearing you all the time and unlike DKs, we have no way to avoid it)
    TK 3/4 (as I said, imho Kael is doable in this patch. It just require top gear and plenty of time because its kinda RNG with the adds)

I didn't try the other raids yet but I've seen feral soloing Saphiron, so my guess is that many encounters in early wotlk can be already solo'd by feral as well as few bosses in BT/Sunwell and probably 4/5 Hyjal but that's just my guess for now.

EDIT: Even tho I don't have trinket from Tol Barad, I am serisouly considering get it. It could help a lot. Not just with Kael but probably with High King as well, maybe with Vashj and resisting at least few fears and of course the Leotheras demon phase says hello (killed him but it's pain in the ass and not an easy kill at all).

The talents specs can change boss from boss but generally, Natural Reaction + Perseverance + Nurturing Instinct is the way I usually go. Sometimes, its just better on some encounters to pop Berserk and spam FB with Glyph of FB. Especially when we have to heal some hard phase and need to end it very quickly as well. On the other hand, on Morogrim for example I just sit whole fight in bear form and I doubt it can be even done in cat form so it really depends.

EDIT: Ok, it seems that the guys who solo'd Saphiron killed High King as well just few days ago. He was very close to death few times and he's like 378/391 gear with 391 weapon.
    Last edited by Xenerix; 2011-08-22 at 01:40 AM.

Yeah, or just get a group because not only feral gear will drop, and you're probably not the only person that wants old gear....

Quote Originally Posted by Tiglits View Post
    Invincible, because everyone wants a horse you can't see

Deleted
    Try it ....

Well the thing with Kael is obviously mount, which is probably something everybody will need on so if there is some way to solo him, many ppl would go for it.

Not to mentions it feels really great to achiev something like that. I know I know, WoW is MMORPG and most of its content is focused on group of people working together as a team. Sure it is awesome to kill end boss as a first guild in the whole world and it is of course incredibly hard to do it.

But sometimes I just miss some personal challenges, I mean excluding achievs because most of them just shows how much time you spent playing this game. What I mean is that getting Loremaster doesn't require skill at all, it just require ~50 hours of doing quests? Just a guess. Killing a boss is not only your success, actually you could even die accidentally in the middle of encounter and your group will be still able to kill a boss (yes, even on most hardcore progress), getting high raiting in arenas is exactly the same.

And sometimes I just wish it would exist some personal challenges. Very hard challenges to reach, I can imagine something similar to soloing old raids actually. Like a boss in some kind of instance, only made for 1 person but very very hard to kill so it would required time, skill and proper gear and if you want to beat it, you would have to try it again and again and after that? It would be you who did it and it would be something like I did something not many people can.

Or the second option is at least get some FoS like "Kill the xy boss while not beeing in party/raid group in any part of encounter." It's pretty much utopia but hey, I can at least dream about it, right?

Please don't get me wrong, I really enjoy synergy of group of people working together, I enjoy it a lot, this would be at least for me the another place to compete with other people...which is basically the point of this game. It's all about getting better and better (gear + skill) to challenge and beat other players and eventually trying to be the best of those few millions poeple (PvE, PvP whatever). It's the way how this game works, it's the reason why still so many people (of course not all of them) playing it no matter if there is some better game or not. It's simply so huge group of people playing this game so that be the best of them or one of the best or even a very good one tastes really nice.
    Last edited by Xenerix; 2011-08-22 at 02:32 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    We can solo MC for Sulfuras.
    Kara for Fiery Warhorse's Reins
    All the old content dungeons for pets and mounts (like MGT for Phoenix Hatchling and Swift White Hawkstrider or Utgarde Pinnacle for Reins of the Blue Proto-Drake )
    We can solo Archavon in VoA for Reins of the Grand Black War Mammoth. Sadly, we can't kill any other bosses.
    We can solo a lot of useless bosses, like Magtheridon, but they don't drop a lot of gold any more.
    We can solo cata normal mode dungeons for mounts. Reins of the Drake of the North Wind from Vortex Pinnacle. Reins of the Vitreous Stone Drake from The Stonecore.

But we can't solo Kael'thas for Ashes of Alar.
    We can't solo Malygos, Onyxia, Sartharion+3,Yogg+0, Lich King 25 heroic for mounts.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiana View Post
    But we can't solo Kael'thas for Ashes of Alar.

look at youtube, there is a guy who soloed kael'thas as a moonkin (Kael'thas Sunstrider - Tempest Keep [Balance Druid Solo] - part1 )

15+ Year Old Account
    Anyone tried a Feral solo on Hyjal?

I believe Williee is 5/5 in hyjal. He also has a vid showing how to do kael as a feral. His blog is in the sticky.
    Also, Emalon in VoA is also soloable in near-full t12 tanking gear, as is Malygos, although his berserk is tight as hell, even in full normal t12.

I've solo'd first boss in Naxx (spider) pretty sure 2nd is doable with some resistance gear.

It seems that prismatic elixir is really handy, its definitely worth using one when out on the solo.

Solo'd both plague and spider wing
    You dont need resistance gear, prismatic elix does help
    Plan to update my blog w/ the naxx videos

Solo'd Sarth 1d so far
    Gona try 2d next week but 3d is impossible due to mechanics :[ (mainly shadron ability to be immune to dmg- which applies to Sarth)

@brain... Really somebdy soloed Emalon ?? I gotta try him again... I remember the magic dmg chipping me down. Same w/ Maly thou i fail w/ those orbs haha.