Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stelam73 View Post
    Hello, I have a question about the pet bar. I cannot decide witch 4 skills to use when im leveling or doing dungeons with my ferocity/raptor pet. Can you give me a example what to do ?
    For Raptors, I personally have it setup like this... Claw > Tear Armour > Charge > Call of the Wild.. You don't really need to keep track of Tear Armour, so that can be replaced with Dash.

10+ Year Old Account
    [ /startattack] is the same as [/cast !auto shot] I guess?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Macasan View Post
    [ /startattack] is the same as [/cast !auto shot] I guess?
    Yes, both do the same function.

Quote Originally Posted by Stelam73 View Post
    Hello, I have a question about the pet bar. I cannot decide witch 4 skills to use when im leveling or doing dungeons with my ferocity/raptor pet. Can you give me a example what to do ?
    The skills on the bar are not representative of what skills are being used. You can use all of your pets' abilities, just set them up to be used automatically (right click on the skill in the spellbook until they sparkle around the edges) or macro them into other things. There are some skills that are bugged right now and being delayed, so it can be useful to have rabid macroed as one example. The one exception is Heart of the Phoenix. It will not trigger automatically if your pet dies, so you absolutely have to either have it on the bar or set up with some sort of macro in order to be able to use it.

Since you say you're still leveling, it might be worthwhile to consider leveling as another spec. BM is actually the worst leveling spec now. It's not only possible but easy to level as BM, but it's even easier and quicker to level as one of the other specs as their heavy damage doesn't require waiting for their pet to reach the mob. Mostly the mob will die before your pet can even reach it.

Hey guys, tried BM for the first time since wrath and it was a lot of fun.
    I had trouble AoEing with a worm, though.
    How have you set up his burrow attack? macroed to multi-shot?
    Or did you put it on your bars?

And how can I activate it mid-fight, when my pet is constantly low on focus? Any tips?
    Quote Originally Posted by Genganger View Post
    Often I just open the fridge instead of turning the lights on in the kitchen. I like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pope View Post
    Hey guys, tried BM for the first time since wrath and it was a lot of fun.
    I had trouble AoEing with a worm, though.
    How have you set up his burrow attack? macroed to multi-shot?
    Or did you put it on your bars?

And how can I activate it mid-fight, when my pet is constantly low on focus? Any tips?
    I thought I mentioned this. Hmm.. I guess not.

For AoE purposes with a Worm you're going to be constantly checking your pet bar, turning Bite's Auto-Cast on and off so you can do a Burrow.. I'll give an Example..

Halfus Pull:
    Make sure Bite is on Auto-Cast
    Pre-Pot
    Hunter's Mark
    Bestial Wrath
    Kill First Drake
    Kill Second Drake
    Turn off Bites Auto-Cast
    Release Whelps
    Precast Misdirection
    Send Worm in
    Bestial Wrath
    Burrow Attack
    Multi-Shot spam
    Whelps are dead
    Dismiss Worm and call a Ferocity pet if you want
    If you didn't dismiss the worm, it's still nice to use Burrow on CD because it does awesome damage even out of AoE

Edit: Also, don't use Kill Command while the Worm is Burrowing, it will just bring it out of Burrow and you'll lose all potential damage it would have done..

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast Burrow Attack

Just a quick question about Focus Fire (FF), EJ says to keep it on CD regardless of stacks (which, in a non-movement fight, I can see it almost being used with 5 stacks of Frenzy). However, for those scenarios where the pet runs around a bit, do I continue to use FF when it's off CD regardless of Frenzy stacks? Thanks.
    <Guiles Theme Song> @ Mal'Ganis-US Horde 20-man 10/10M 8/10M, currently recruiting all
    Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by timoseewho View Post
    Just a quick question about Focus Fire (FF), EJ says to keep it on CD regardless of stacks (which, in a non-movement fight, I can see it almost being used with 5 stacks of Frenzy). However, for those scenarios where the pet runs around a bit, do I continue to use FF when it's off CD regardless of Frenzy stacks? Thanks.
    Well, I guess this comes down to a personal play technique. I don't use Focus Fire unless I can obtain 5 stacks, I also don't use Focus Fire when under the effects of Bestial Wrath for obvious reasons. I'm not sure if there's a big difference with keeping Focus Fire on CD regardless of how many stacks are there or not since I have never tested it.

however, if you're going to go that route, just macro Focus Fire in with Cobra Shot. Since you shouldn't be using Cobra Shot during Bestial Wrath it's wouldn't bother that.

/startattack sequence can be removed if you do not desire that function.
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast Cobra Shot
    /cast Focus Fire
    /startattack

10+ Year Old Account
    Hello, a quick question for you guys.

Why no prowl/spirit walk? It seems as though with dash, the pet reaches the boss just fine. I have my HM/petattack macro'd into one button (so admittedly I don't start the fight as fast as I could be, though I do usually HM before the tank pulls and my pet gets a teeny head start), but usually by the time my SrS and HM are up and the GCD is ready for the next button for me to press, KC is useable. I figure the 25% dmg increase on the first melee swing would be nice.

Edit: In reference to boss fights, this is. On trash it's irrelevant because I don't care about trash DPS.
    Last edited by Viscoe; 2011-10-12 at 03:33 PM.
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD
    Secondary 3DS: 3668-8923-2263 FS: Slider - Phanpy/Camerupt/Diggersby

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Viscoe View Post
    Hello, a quick question for you guys.
    It simply just takes longer for your pet to reach the target.

For example, your tank counts down from 3 and pulls. You're going to pre-pot at about 1.5, then fire off off your first shot. With Prowl/Spirit Walk on, your pet is not going to reach the target until he reaches about 6, so you're 3sec late with a Kill Command, also waiting longer to use your Bestial Wrath. Which in turn puts you behind even more.

I suppose the 25% bonus added with 20% from Bestial Wrath on your first pet attack would add up for the lost 3 - 5 sec it would take for your pet to reach said target.

I hope this answers your question... Need more coffee.. /coffee

1.Isn't it better to macro Fervor with BW? i can't see the point using it out of BW....
    2.Also i would like to reccomend using Misdirect at start of a fight as well. Sometimes i find my self in a situation my pet get killed cause the tank miss twice in raw(most popular place to use it is Majordomo, it also shorten the trip lenght of the tank xD).
    3. RF is mostly for faster CS=more AS between KC and the very reason u using it AFTER your first BW. I'm pretty sure you'll get your first 5 frenzy stack after the first BW, use FF, or wait few seconds till u get it(i'm not sure if you benefit more from frenzid pet under the RF or any other haste effect), after it ends than use RF, when it ends you should get another FF.
    4. Chimera is for short Aoe fights or MOVING adds(Spiderlings) fight while Worm is for longer AoE fights or STATIC adds fight(Rhyolith Fragments).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JackTheLad View Post
    1.Isn't it better to macro Fervor with BW? i can't see the point using it out of BW....
    Taking a look at this talent again.. For some reason I was thinking it was identical to Roar of Recovery].. You are correct there.. I never used it under BW simply because I always have an excess of Focus when I'm about to pop Bestial Wrath.

2.Also i would like to reccomend using Misdirect at start of a fight as well. Sometimes i find my self in a situation my pet get killed cause the tank miss twice in raw(most popular place to use it is Majordomo, it also shorten the trip lenght of the tank xD).
    I presumed it went without saying to use Misdirection.

3. RF is mostly for faster CS=more AS between KC and the very reason u using it AFTER your first BW. I'm pretty sure you'll get your first 5 frenzy stack after the first BW, use FF, or wait few seconds till u get it(i'm not sure if you benefit more from frenzid pet under the RF or any other haste effect), after it ends than use RF, when it ends you should get another FF.
    Looks as if I completely forgot to mention Rapid Fire within the "Rotations" themselves. But yeah, I do exactly what you're saying. While under the effects of Bestial Wrath your pet benefits more from Frenzy, otherwise it's you. We never want to use Focus Fire if we are under the effects of Bestial Wrath.

4. Chimera is for short Aoe fights or MOVING adds(Spiderlings) fight while Worm is for longer AoE fights or STATIC adds fight(Rhyolith Fragments).
    I'll add this into the guide.

Fervor triggers a GCD, would it really be smart to pop it under BW? (You can't macro it in then, either)

And why would the worm be for longer AoE-fights? Wouldn't the chimera be more effective for longer AoE, due to it being unlimited?
    Quote Originally Posted by Genganger View Post
    Often I just open the fridge instead of turning the lights on in the kitchen. I like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fervor triggers a GCD, would it really be smart to pop it under BW? (You can't macro it in then, either)
    This is why I was hesitant of putting Fervor up there... I never really used it unless I was doing AoE.. But if you happen to be low on focus it's better to use 1 GCD for 50 focus rather than 1.5sec('ish) for 9 Focus.

And why would the worm be for longer AoE-fights? Wouldn't the chimera be more effective for longer AoE, due to it being unlimited?
    Worms do more damage, but cannot move while doing their AoE, which makes them bad for fights like Beth'tilac.
    Chimera's do less damage, but can move while doing their AoE, which makes them good for fights like Beth'tilac.

Quote Originally Posted by BleedingHollowVeteran View Post
    This is why I was hesitant of putting Fervor up there... I never really used it unless I was doing AoE.. But if you happen to be low on focus it's better to use 1 GCD for 50 focus rather than 1.5sec('ish) for 9 Focus.

Worms do more damage, but cannot move while doing their AoE, which makes them bad for fights like Beth'tilac.
    Chimera's do less damage, but can move while doing their AoE, which makes them good for fights like Beth'tilac.
    Except that you should never be popping BW unless you have enough focus to go through it without having any focus problems. Yes, one GCD is better than 1.5 seconds, but the question should never come up with a skilled BM hunter.

Deleted
    Great guide!!
    Always thought BM have been more close DPS vise to MM these past patches. But still get a bashing form every other class and hunters too. Was one hunter that called me a joke when I was about to do BH with him. He whispered me constantly. Was nice to beat him in the DPS race even though he had better gear. If I remembered correctly I got ignored after asking what he thought of me after the raid.
    I'll have a closer look on this later today and try to adapt to those aspects of this guide I still havn't figured out myself. Love playing BM. Not just because of the variety of pets. But the none static rotation is really nice to. I hate being a robot doing the same thing every time. BM makes me more human. Wonder what new fun skills 5.0.3 brings us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Weirdbear View Post
    *snip*
    Thank you.

Hey, we'll always get bashing from other people as BM until they see us in action and then they shut up about "OMG BM is horrible, go MM"... I know I've got my fair share of those. But after the raid or whatever, they always end up sending me a whisper asking for tips, lol.
    Ja, I'm a diehard BM. Just a very fun spec to play IMO and as I mentioned previously we pull the same damage as the the quote unquote Best Spec (MM).

For 5.0... I'm hoping for the introduction of Hydras as a tameable pet family that have an AoE cleave ability.. However, with us then being able to spec pets to whatever our little hearts desire (Tenacity, Cunning, Ferocity).. I cannot wait to make my Worm Ferocity. Burrow Attack is just awesome in way you look at it, even great on one target if they're not moving.
    We'll just have to wait and see what MoP holds for us Hunters...

Hey!
    Nice guide and thanks alot for it, but something just came to my mind.
    The new haste plateau post by Asrialol says its recommended to go for 1937 haste if you can reach it without too much problem.
    Should be easy with 391 t12 and propably alot easier in t13. So what I try to say is, maybe you should add a
    "if you can reach 1937 haste GO FOR IT" on the haste =/= mastery part of your guide.

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post

Beast Mastery Haste Plateaus

Plateau 1: 3 CS, 1 AS and 1 KC in 7 seconds - 0 haste rating needed, already there.
    Plateau 2: 3 CS, 1 AS and 1 KC in 6 seconds - 1937 haste rating, 18.58% haste with 3/3 pathing.

Recommendation: The 2nd plateau is easily reachable with T12 gear, specially if it's 391 ilvl. If you can get there with your current gear, go for it, even if you have to sacrifice crit.
    br Naaw
    Last edited by Naaw; 2011-11-10 at 12:55 PM. Reason: fixed some cosmetic stuff

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naaw View Post
    <snip>
    Thank you.

Ahh, yes. I've been toying with Haste over the past 3 weeks. Results I'm finding is it's doing significantly better than Mastery. I was planning on updating the Haste > Mastery section this week after my raid.