Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1
    Stood in the Fire Feluna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Bank, Valley of Honor
    Posts
    391

    Mushroom Circle in Tirisfal Glades

    Found this on YouTube today and want to share it.
    I've never known before that there is such a little event. Just was there one or two times just for fun.
    But, watch yourself Hope you like it.




    Greets

    And I hope it is no repost, never seen it here. If it is, Iam sorry.
    Last edited by Feluna; 2011-08-21 at 03:57 PM.
    Don't tell me the sky is the limit when there are footprints on the moon.

  2. #2
    Wow, great find! How often does this happen?

  3. #3
    there was a thread about this a few weeks back, had quite a good discussion going, but im never gonna find it again.
    Too cool for a signature

  4. #4
    Every six hours. I wonder if this is just another fun exploration thing like the goblin resort at the steam pools.

    This is the mob: http://www.wowhead.com/npc=51963
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    And when you see them you'll be all like :O and we'll be all like and then people on the forums will still be all like(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

  5. #5
    I've been there once, it would appear it happens about every 6th hour. On my server (Draenor) I waited from 12 PM till around 2:45 AM before the event started, I assume it's the same for all servers.

  6. #6
    Fluffy Kitten Callei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Δ Hidden Forbidden Holy Ground
    Posts
    9,970
    Well, there's a long-standing fan theory that that section of the world was where the exiled Highborne first landed on what is currently the Eastern Kingdoms, and something beneath the earth drove a number of them mad before they packed up and headed for Quel'Thalas. The Whispering Forest's name, and the various anomalies like the mushroom ring and the Fey-Drunk sprites/darters (Unsure which they are exactly), and the diseased animals there, all suggest that this is where the Highborne first landed, and the whispers in question are speculated to be because there is an Old God under the Forest.

    I'm not sure if this made it past Beta, because I haven't taken my flying mount up towards Tirisfal yet, but there was at one point a building using a Scarlet Crusade chapel model in what was one of the unfinished areas pre-Shattering, which also resided in Tirisfal, and was speculated to be where the Council of Tirisfal once met. Anyone who can confirm if that's live and reachable?

    Awesome sig by Elyaan is awesome.

  7. #7
    The Patient Chloride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Central North Carolina
    Posts
    302
    google Fairy Ring if you havent already. Not much to do with wow but the wiki page for it is pretty interesting.
    Was hit with a nerf bat!

  8. #8
    There was a ring like this in the old Sierra game Quest for Glory, maybe it is also a reference.

    youtu.be/lOzYbi-5HBk

  9. #9
    That was a great find. Wow has many of those 'secret' (more like out of the way) places, like the creepy catacombs. Does anyone happen to have a list?

  10. #10
    There've been threads before, but it's a secret that usually slips by a lot of people. It's been steadily changing ever since cataclysm started, and what exactly is going on there hasn't been revealed yet.

  11. #11
    I was there and waited (hours^^) until this happened. I know, it's wierd but... well, I absolutely wanted to see it. XD

    In Twilight of the Aspects the Green Dragon, that Thrall meets at Dreamer's Rest says the fairie dragons are guardians of the Dream, so my guess is, that this is indeed the place where the Old God lies, that drove the Highborn (later Highelves) mad and the dragons are creating some kind of secure "backdoor" to be able to better fight it through the dream.

    Or they create some kind of barrier there to prevent the Old God from spreading his corruption even more.
    To my opinion, Sylvanas is at the moment suffering from "Whisperings" and that is why the Forsaken at the Tower in the Eastern Plaguelands says, she's become wierd and does not seem like herself anymore. So these dragons could be doing something to lessen that influence on Sylvanas, because it would of youse be devastating if Sylvanas fell indeed under the influence of an Old God completely.

    These are my guesses
    'These are the signs of a king honour-broke: Pride coming first over all, tradeing the necks and the backs of his folk, that he alone might stand tall. Giving himself to desires that are base, tyrannous, cunning and cruel. Bring him down, set someone else in his place, such men are not fit to rule.'
    - Oathbreakers, Mercedes Lackey

  12. #12
    Stood in the Fire Lastblow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    474
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    There've been threads before, but it's a secret that usually slips by a lot of people. It's been steadily changing ever since cataclysm started, and what exactly is going on there hasn't been revealed yet.
    what do u mean?

  13. #13
    There weren't always dancing fairy dragons there.

  14. #14
    Bloodsail Admiral mynameisjona's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    1,193
    Why did it give me the idea that Deathwing would end up being killed much the same way as Archimonde? With these Darters replacing the Wisps

  15. #15
    Stood in the Fire stuartj1992's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Edinburgh, Scotland. It's got a castle and stuff.
    Posts
    488
    Ahh good old Trokair

    He posted this exact video on MMOwned/Ownedcore this afternoon, really nice video of this damn weird event!

  16. #16
    Pit Lord Huntaer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Goldshire
    Posts
    2,266
    i've seen the event myself. It's very pretty. I wonder what they do with this.
    ●████▅▅▄▄▄▄▄▄....▄▄▄ Rolf! Rolf! Rolf!
    ▄▄▅██████▅▄▃▂
    █M█L█P█ █ █ █ █ █ █►
    ◥☼▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲☼◤
    -\My pet collection/- -\My Mount collection/-

  17. #17
    Stood in the Fire Gouled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    469
    Read up about fairy circles, apparently European folklore says faeries, or Elves dance around these circles nude or semi-nude in celebration of some sort. Could be possible that once Highborne landed on the shores of the Eastern Kingdoms they where happy being in a new land and started dancing around naked. Just a theory supported by the myths of it's real life counterpart.
    Beku'zul Troll Shadow Priest (Ingame character).
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...bekuzul/simple
    Quote Originally Posted by Argroth View Post
    -The community is terrible and is only getting worse filled with arrogant fanboys and elitests.
    What are you trying to say Argoth?
    Want to hear what I'm listening to? You can give this a click: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zWP1V9Eo0c

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Gouled View Post
    Read up about fairy circles, apparently European folklore says faeries, or Elves dance around these circles nude or semi-nude in celebration of some sort. Could be possible that once Highborne landed on the shores of the Eastern Kingdoms they where happy being in a new land and started dancing around naked. Just a theory supported by the myths of it's real life counterpart.
    I think that usually Blizz translates the "real world myths" somehow into WoW lore and to me this would be the fairie dragons. I just can't imagine the Highborn dancing around naked like mad...
    ... well, but then we would know, why they classified themselves as mad at least ^^
    'These are the signs of a king honour-broke: Pride coming first over all, tradeing the necks and the backs of his folk, that he alone might stand tall. Giving himself to desires that are base, tyrannous, cunning and cruel. Bring him down, set someone else in his place, such men are not fit to rule.'
    - Oathbreakers, Mercedes Lackey

  19. #19
    There were mushroom/faerie rings like this in ultima online too.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    Well, there's a long-standing fan theory that that section of the world was where the exiled Highborne first landed on what is currently the Eastern Kingdoms, and something beneath the earth drove a number of them mad before they packed up and headed for Quel'Thalas. The Whispering Forest's name, and the various anomalies like the mushroom ring and the Fey-Drunk sprites/darters (Unsure which they are exactly), and the diseased animals there, all suggest that this is where the Highborne first landed, and the whispers in question are speculated to be because there is an Old God under the Forest.

    I'm not sure if this made it past Beta, because I haven't taken my flying mount up towards Tirisfal yet, but there was at one point a building using a Scarlet Crusade chapel model in what was one of the unfinished areas pre-Shattering, which also resided in Tirisfal, and was speculated to be where the Council of Tirisfal once met. Anyone who can confirm if that's live and reachable?
    I thought those Faerie Dragons were forgotten and that that is the spot Malfurion contacted the forest spirits to find out what Illidan was doing in Lordaeron

    So the Dragons gathered there when all Night Elf forces went home for Kalimdor because of a familiar face having been there and the place being verywell hidden from any outsiders.
    Your post doesn't deserve a slot in my thread! But it would make the perfect coaster for my drink!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •