• no

18 54.55%
Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Cool Your diet and routine?

Stats
    Female
    5'11"-6'
    185(From 215, last weighed myself a month ago, so not 100%)
    LArm: 12.5" RArm: 12"
    LegL: 22" RLeg: 21"
    Chest: 33"
    Waist: 30"
    Hips: 39(rofl, these are boney too, dear lawd)
    Bum: 35"
    I broke these down into more measurements because I wanted to keep a close eye on whats goin' on there. I'm not really concerned about my actual weight though, seeing as that can change due to too many factors.
    Wish I had measured myself before I lost the 30 pounds...

No before/After pictures full body right now.

I don't have a Gym Membership.

Legs Monday: Squats/Lunges, Calf Raises(Dumbbell), Going to work in Deadlifts soon as I can find a place or buy a barbell. (Legs)
    Arms Tuesday: Hammer Curl, Standard curl, Lat Raises, Bench Dips (Arms), Dumbbell Bench(I hate this one), Upright Row, Push ups
    Back Wednesday: Bent over(Bench) Row, Seated Rows(Several variations) for several sets, Push ups
    Legs Thursday: Same as Monday, depending on DOMS severity
    Arms/Back Friday: Mixture of Tuesday and Wednesday
    S: Running 2.5k
    Su: Usually break day, or stretch day, maybe some jogging

I do crunches everyday, and usually push ups whenever throughout. Jumping jacks or jogging if I get too idle or bored.

Diet: Steal cut oats, "No-fats" yogurt, Chicken, Lean Beef, Colourful or Deep-Green Veg, Denser fruits(Less juicy), olive oil(SMALLLLLLL AMOUUUUNTS) Nuts(Raw almonds omg nomnomnom I could accidentally the whole bag). (Drinks are things like: Loose leaf brewed tea, with splenda or stevia, water)

Rarely: Dairy(Im kinda lactosey-intolerenty ), Grains, candies(bleh), juicy fruits, juices, sodas(Major fartage no-ty)

All in all I try not to eats more than 1250kcal a day right now, since I'm not stronglifting for a lot of muscle gain.

I honestly can't wait until I get a Barbell and a Benching set. Thinking of changing to a stronglifts workout. Something with less reps and higher weights. like 5:3:1 or something.

If anyone wants to make suggestions for changes, I'm more then happy to listen.
    (I Def need more stuff for core, like leg lifts, but I don't have anywhere I can do them, I've been looking for like, weird place I could hang and do them, but no such luck. Also no pull up bar, So I do mainly band and dumbbell stuff for the back.)
    Last edited by Fraise; 2011-08-21 at 04:39 PM. Reason: woops 30

I think you should consider mixing up your training split a bit to give your muscles more time to recovery. Muscle and tone is built in recovery, not during a workout. If you don't give yourself enough time and nutrients to repair your muscles it will limit their growth.

I'm not talking about Yates or Cutler muscles ofc since you are a female, but you sure want some good shape and tone.

Either way, your routine is still better than probably 80-90% of people who have the ability to workout without risk, because their routines are usually nonexistent. If it works for you, good, but always be on the lookout for ways to improve or mix it up

20 year old male.
    My core schedule looks something like this:
    Monday - Rest
    Tuesday - Legs and calves
    Wednesday - Personal Trainer Session
    Thursday - Rest
    Friday - Rest
    Saturday - Delts (shoulders) and Triceps
    Sunday - Chest and Biceps

In the personal training session I work on what ever I feel still needs more work compared to the last 7 days of workouts. If I'm struggling to increase my Bench Press or Rows, I will then use that session and his expertise to help me target supporting muscles to help assist in those areas. These are usually the smaller and hard to hit muscles with a lot of isolation exercises.

Every 3-4 weeks I will mix up my training schedule a bit, combine different body parts in a workout etc. I don't work abs much at the moment because it's not part my current goals. However with that said:

I do cardio every day, including on my rest days. I mix it up a lot too between interval kind of training and slow but steady (less of this to minimize muscle loss/consumption).

After my cardio I do torso twists - about 100 each side (kind of like keep your knees slightly bent, keep your hips and legs straight whilst twisting your upper body from side to side, getting as much rotation in as possible whilst keeping the abs and other stomach muscles tight. This replaces my ab workout.

Not going to go into diet because I could write a thesis on it, but to put the point blank, very healthy, very lean, 6-8 meals a day, yada yada.
    Last edited by Sinshroud; 2011-08-21 at 05:02 PM.

Moderator and contributor for The Consortium, a legitimate gold making discussion community that is also the home base for the TradeSkillMaster addon, and The Undermine Journal and WoWuction Web Applications.

Male
    5'9"
    Body Shape : Gamer
    Weight : 88 (Moderately Overweight)

Monday : Walk to my car to drive to work
    Tuesday : Hike into the kitchen to grab a coke
    Wednesday : Same as Monday
    Thursday : Same as Monday
    Friday Afternoon : Jump with joy at the upcoming weekend
    Friday Night : Drunken Expedition around town
    Saturday Morning : Running to the toilet for a quick vom due to raging hangover, (Usually 5-10 reps)
    Sunday : Walk around the shops gathering supplies

Diet : A few litres of coke a day, The occasional chocolate bar, A strong emotional attachment to cheese.

Summary : You are doing just fine. I'd say your diet, figure and commitment to a healthy lifestyle are far above the norm, so chill out, have a drink and play some WoW.

On a side note, I'm a snowboard instructor.

Yeah, I was thinking about changing the split, too. I think I need to up intensity. And I'm no where near concerned about getting muscley, I'd actually kind of like it, and I know there's biological limitations to how ripped a female body can get. i'll never look like Arnold( boooo! ;_; ), no matter how hard i try, without pumping artificial things into my body. So I'm not worried.

I'll def try the twist though, seems like it reaches more of the core then the standard crunch.(I actually do incline crunches, to make it a bit more challenging)

@Juanker: LOL, looks like my old "routine," and i certainly wish I'd learned to snowboard, so I'm jelly in that regard.

Yeah I gotta sort my life out. Not even legally an adult yet and I'm always hitting the Physio for my upper/lower back, knees, neck - Just because I don't have the muscular strength to support my daily routine.

Anyway, I'm off to go get a coke.

10+ Year Old Account
    Everyday do run for a half an hour, if weather is bad outside (or I am lazy) just do a shit to of crunches (time it so you do exactly 30 minutes). I should get a work out routine.

19 Male
    Height-6'
    Weight-180

Routine:
    Monday-Legs
    Tuesday-Chest
    Wednesday-Rest
    Thursday-Rest
    Friday-Back
    Saturday-Arms
    Sunday-Rest

On the workout days I'll do 15-20 mins of cardio.

Diet isn't too complex, eat high protein stuff, don't worry too much about carbs as I'm not on a cut.

Quote Originally Posted by Fraise View Post
    Yeah, I was thinking about changing the split, too. I think I need to up intensity.
    When I realized that I needed to up my intensity too, I started reading up on Dorian Yates' training style. Just watching his short videos are really inspirational and it actually shows you how much more you can actually push before ending that particular workout.
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/dori...ek-trainer.htm

And I'm no where near concerned about getting muscley, I'd actually kind of like it, and I know there's biological limitations to how ripped a female body can get. i'll never look like Arnold( boooo! ;_; ), no matter how hard i try, without pumping artificial things into my body. So I'm not worried.
    Yeah of course, it's extremely difficult for women to actually become very muscled. Most women see pictures of those manly looking women and fear becoming like that, but they don't know that it's just from steroids or similar rather than proper working and good nutrition. Personally I think a women with defined abs and good muscle concave shapes is really sexy.

I'll def try the twist though, seems like it reaches more of the core then the standard crunch.(I actually do incline crunches, to make it a bit more challenging)
    Yeah it's quite interesting, something I picked up from Kris Gethin when watching his videos.

Bodybuilding.com spoke's woman Jamie Eason (I think she is awesome) just released her diet and workout program, worthwhile for females to check out and even males. http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/jami...t-trainer.html

Moderator and contributor for The Consortium, a legitimate gold making discussion community that is also the home base for the TradeSkillMaster addon, and The Undermine Journal and WoWuction Web Applications.

Quote Originally Posted by Juanker View Post
    I'm always hitting the Physio for my upper/lower back, knees, neck - Just because I don't have the muscular strength to support my daily routine.
    I've been in a few car crashes, and I thought before I started that it would be more painful, or just bad for me to work out due to damage. I was never fortunate enough to get therepy for my injuries, so I've been crunchy ever since. But I've found the more I workout, the less pain I have. More awake, my back doesn't hurt, I can pick things up, open stuff. I sleep better... so much more.

it's changed everything. and I'll never go back.

Gouled: Def. I started just by getting some 15lb dumbbells and messing round there. Later I got bands and a bench, some 30-45's. Hope you start liftin'! :]

Deleted
    I just run every day and every 3 go for a good 2-3hr run then just press ups sit ups and heaves whenever I feel like doing upper body.I eat what I feel like though usually it is healthy stuff. simple but does what it needs to

I've gotten really lucky. With Private Health Insurance, a Physio session only ends up costing me like 20 bucks!

It is a sad fact that I do really need to make a change though. Motivation just eludes me like a 2200 sub rogue.

Swimming every weekday tends to keep me in shape.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    5'11, 186, ~18-19% bf

Routine not the greatest, but I'm going to change it soon. Compound lifts included, w/ the exception of squats(never really liked them tbh):
    Mon: off
    Tues: chest
    Wed: arms
    Thurs: back
    Fri: off
    Sat: shoulders/traps
    Sun: legs

Diet: cutting; consuming 2100 calories, 160g+ protein, 70-90g fat, fill the rest with the combination of the two & carbs. I don't limit myself to any specific types of food(with the exception of calorie dense ones), eat what I enjoy while hitting my macros/micros & staying within my calorie limits. I have 1-2 meals a day.
    Last edited by Shik Valentine; 2011-08-21 at 06:58 PM. Reason: Compound lifts, & meals

5'8"
    ~140 lbs (~5-6% body fat)
    Male

Monday: Evening - Chest and Back + Abs
    Tuesday: Evening - Explosive Leg Work (Sprints and Box Jumps, etc.)
    Wednesday: Evening - Bi's, Tri's, and Delt's (compound exercises for all of them -- I just personally hate isolation) + Abs
    Thursday: Evening - Legs (lots of squats/calf raises/wall squats/lunges, etc)
    Friday: Evening - Rest (unless friends get together to play Ultimate Frisbee or Soccer or something)
    Saturday: Afternoon - Usually do some heavy lifting -- either deadlifts or power clean... also been working with a Sandbag lately. (Link) + Abs
    Sunday: Rest

Note: I do Yoga every day in the week (not weekends).

Nutrition: I eat Paleo for the most part.
    I try to have an oily fish (salmon/tilapia) 3 times a week -- that depends on what's fresh and what I can afford.
    I have chicken/turkey at least once a day.
    Red meat in between there (again depends on the cut and what I can afford).
    And Bacon... pretty much all that needs to said about Bacon (omg love me some bacon).

Veggies party depend on the season (omg love me some summer farmer's market). But I have a large variety to steam from frozen.

Fruit I limit to mainly berries (for antioxidants) and bananas (yay a fruit with fat) -- tend to eat them as snacks.

Dairy I try to limit, though I will have a glass of milk at dinner or with a recovery shake (if it was a hard ass day) or the occasional cheese.

The only grains I eat come from the bread I'll use for a sandwich.

I also fast intermittently, meaning I only have a couple of meals per day with the potential snack tossed in -- usually keep around a ~2400 calorie per day setup (more if I had a workout just ruin my ass).
    Last edited by Radux; 2011-08-21 at 08:12 PM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    ^^^ tilapia became a staple of mine when I first started cutting, ready in minutes & 90-110 cals w/ 20-25g of protein. It actually goes really well with alot of seasonings & Marinades(lightly with a brush). Just added bacon, put it on my burgers, sandwiches, & chopped with eggs.

Guess I'll add my staples:

Chicken breasts
    Tuna
    Broccoli
    Greek yogurt, Chobani & plain FAGE
    Bacon
    Tilapia
    Beef & turkey burgers
    Carrots
    Sara lee 45 calorie per slice bread
    Peanut butter
    Mac & cheese
    Ground beef
    Eggs
    Turkey & roast beef for sandwiches
    Whey for sludge(flavor varies, as I like to try different ones)
    Last edited by Shik Valentine; 2011-08-21 at 07:58 PM. Reason: Staples

male 29
    mondays-upper body, abs
    tuesday-lower body, run, abs
    saturday and sunday are rest days, i alternate monday and tuesdays routine

Right now until school starts again ...
    Sunday is my rest day / stretching / yoga day
    Monday, Wed, Friday are my upper body and moderate-intensity cardio days, or HIIT later on in the evening
    Tues and Saturday are my abs and leg day
    Thursday is usually a rest day

Typical diet
    Veggies and fruit: red pepper, green pepper, jalapeno, red and white onion, zucchini, cucumber, spinach, kale, broccoli, red cabbage, mushrooms, asparagus, spaghetti squash, tomato, cranberries, blueberries, frozen banana, and the odd time - sweet potato
    Meat and fish: lean turkey, chicken, salmon, tuna, haddock and red meat 1-2 times a week
    Nuts: Macadamia and almonds + almond butter
    Oils/dressings: Organic coconut oil (both refined and unrefined; refined for meats usually and for some veggies), and extra virgin olive oil (homemade salad dressing), Hellman's mayo made with olive oil, Renee's ranch dressing, Louisiana hot sauce and tamari (soy sauce)
    Drink: Water, green tea, and regular soy milk
    Spices: Lots, and lots of them
    Cheese: Cottage cheese, parmesan and monterey jack
    Other: Tofu, quinoa, full-fat coconut milk, flax seed, kidney beans, eggs/egg whites, Becel margarine (olive oil), Perfect Isopure Unflavored (whey powder), greek yogurt and (yes) 90% dark chocolate

EDIT: I also forgot my lovely avocado's and limes in my list plus a few other dressings, but you get the drift of my meal plan xD
    Last edited by handsdown; 2011-08-22 at 02:38 AM.
    you fill my lungs with sweetness & you fill my head with you.

Deleted
    115 Kg on 6% BF I do diet since my body is able to gain 10kg in a mere week but also is able to lose that just as fast.

22 male, 145 lbs, 5'11" height, 32" at the hips, even slimmer at the waist.
    ~200 sit ups in the morning on the weekdays, followed by 80 push ups
    Then walk or run 4 to 6 miles in the evenings. Weekends I usually laze about.
    I have a naturally slender build, and I tried weight training in High School, learned that I just can't bench any higher than 210 regardless of what I tried. I just work on staying generally fit, maintaining my fantastic cardio and stamina. The sit ups and push ups are more of my alternative to coffee than anything for the mornings, gets the blood flowing and a minimal sweaty fashion and helps get me ready for classes, nothing like going over proofs and synthesis reactions while your abs and arms burn.
    Last edited by kendro1200; 2011-08-21 at 08:35 PM.

Deleted
    Diet: Fast food
    Routine: World of warcraft

Weight problem? No