Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

Why do women care about the toilet seat?

So yeah, this stroke me today. After being yelled at (take that with a pinch of salt) for my whole life, for always forgetting to put down the toilet seat,
    so why do women care so much about this? Like.. It's not really hard to put the seat down. x) This comes from a guy ofc. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't even lift the toilet seat.

Problem solved.

I'm female and I don't care, haha.
    It takes one simple movement to put it down. I don't really understand why anybody would make a big deal about it. I guess it's considered good manners, but I don't know why. Mountain out of a molehill.

Pee in the shower like a real man. It's just pipes. Or the sink. Just do anything humanly possible to NOT use the toilet, and you're set.

Because falling in while having to pee the middle of the night is not a good time.

Plus, it looks bad having it up. close the damn lid ffs.

Deleted
    We don't moan that we got to put it up so they have no reason to.

It isn't the toilet seat. It's a matter of showing common curtesy for the people you live with.

10+ Year Old Account
    just leave it down...men can sit down to go pee pee too you know >.<

You know, I've never understood either. If they can yell at me for leaving it up, why can't I yell at them for leaving it down? Unless they want me to risk getting piss on the seat, I'll have to lift it.

Only thing I can think of is the rim under the seat is usually dirty, so leaving the seat down hides that from guests
    Author of Instance Profit Tracker
    Find out how much gold you earn soloing raids and dungeons

Curse | GitHub
    WowInterface

this thread is going to be a flame war in under 8 posts.

OT: our brain's work differently from that of women(not saying one is better then the other just different). so while we, as guys, cannot figure out why this is such a big thing, they, as women, cant understand why we cant understand.
    Quote Originally Posted by tkjnz
    If memory serves me right, a fox is a female wolf.

Simple, they sit, we stand. Either lift and put back down, wipe after your done, or Learn to sit.

Quote Originally Posted by Tulune View Post
    Because falling in while having to pee the middle of the night is not a good time.
    If you fall in the toilet, it's your own fault (unless someone set up a trap).

Quote Originally Posted by Haavar View Post
    If you fall in the toilet, it's your own fault (unless someone set up a trap).
    Not when you're not even awake and need to pee.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    just leave it down...men can sit down to go pee pee too you know >.<
    Who the hell sits down? Men got blessed with this wonderful thing so they can stand up and pee which is alot faster too.

Quote Originally Posted by Tulune View Post

Plus, it looks bad having it up. close the damn lid ffs.
    And peeing on the seat is more fun? If you can't be bothered to look at whether or not the seat is down when going to the bathroom, why expect a guy to look to see if it is up. This is one of those problems that really, either:

A) Both parties leave it their way (woman leaves seat down, man leaves seat up)
    B) One party gives in (always leaves up/down)
    C) Get a two bathroom house
    Author of Instance Profit Tracker
    Find out how much gold you earn soloing raids and dungeons

Curse | GitHub
    WowInterface

10+ Year Old Account
    oh yeh, or just wipe the seat down after you pee standing up and miss >.<

They should learn to stand whilst peeing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a guy, and i still occasionally miss that the seat's up when i gotta crap. For a gender who the seat lid is not a factor in bathroom use, I would imagine it's even easier to not look at the seat before sitting, thus resulting in some ass to (hopefully) water contact.

Deleted
    This forum has some weird topix.

The proper position for a toilet seat is down...we lift to pee (if you don't have the accuracy to just man up and not get any on the seat), so we should replace things the way they belong. Simple.