Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Because there could be pee on the seat where they have to sit. Or to control a guy.

Deleted
    Learn to aim better so you don't have to lift the seat every time

It's just a tradition carried over from the old days, like opening the door for a woman. Common courtesy, taking care of the weaker sex yada yada.

Also, it "struck" you today, not stroke you, well maybe it did stroke you I wasn't there to see it.

I think it started because a woman has to sit 100% of the time, you need to sit for 50% of the things you do on the toilet (the things it was designed for anyway). 150% > 50%

idk why its a big deal, a more debatable topic is leaving the toilet paper hanging down from the front side or the back side
    Bane

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    just leave it down...men can sit down to go pee pee too you know >.<
    Yeah if they want to live the rest of their lives in shame.

But I never lift the toilet seat, I am just a very good pisser.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    just leave it down...men can sit down to go pee pee too you know >.<
    But that's so much less efficient...

And it takes too much work.

Quote Originally Posted by Tulune View Post
    Because falling in while having to pee the middle of the night is not a good time.
    This is just silly.

I (as a male) can make the same argument... watch this...' Because pissing all over the *closed* toilet seat in the middle of the night is not a good time.'

See, it works both ways. Women just need something to complain about, its a part of their nature. And if your women is only complaining about a toilet seat, I say you sir, have won.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcilux View Post
    And peeing on the seat is more fun? If you can't be bothered to look at whether or not the seat is down when going to the bathroom, why expect a guy to look to see if it is up. This is one of those problems that really, either:

A) Both parties leave it their way (woman leaves seat down, man leaves seat up)
    B) One party gives in (always leaves up/down)
    C) Get a two bathroom house
    I have a 4 bathroom house, yet my wife still complains about it.

Ive always put the seat down, and i do mean both lids. Both the sitting lid and the covering lid.

Not sure whats so complicated with putting down just one if its lifted up, much less when i hear the "i almost fell in!" response.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niko031 View Post
    This forum has some weird topix.
    Diversity should always be considered as a good thing!

It's why this forum is such a success, imo.

i was given the reason that they will sit down in the dark or w/e when theyre tired and fall in... well what if the cover is down? do they just piss all over it O_o

Quote Originally Posted by Torgent View Post
    The proper position for a toilet seat is down...we lift to pee (if you don't have the accuracy to just man up and not get any on the seat), so we should replace things the way they belong. Simple.
    It's not always a matter of accuracy. Post-sex pee stream fork?

How about this, we leave the seat down all the time, and just piss in the sink or bathtub instead. Or outside against a tree, like nature intended.
    Author of Instance Profit Tracker
    Find out how much gold you earn soloing raids and dungeons

Curse | GitHub
    WowInterface

I can understand the peeing on the seat argument cause that's just gross, but I'm more bothered my lady friends feeling like the seat should always be ready to accommodate them. I have to lift the seat, so you can put it down. Do what you gotta do to make it work, don't just expect it to be there. I mean it's not really that complicated.

And falling in? What? Are light switches that complicated too?

I just don't understand why by default, if a girl is in the house, it must be put down.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twotonsteak View Post
    It isn't the toilet seat. It's a matter of showing common curtesy for the people you live with.
    Pretty much this. It shouldn't be a problem for people to simply be polite.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheddabezze View Post
    This is just silly.

I (as a male) can make the same argument... watch this...' Because pissing all over the *closed* toilet seat in the middle of the night is not a good time.'

See, it works both ways. Women just need something to complain about, its a part of their nature. And if your women is only complaining about a toilet seat, I say you sir, have won.
    Not really, putting up the seat is part of the workflow for us, so we wouldn't forget. Putting down the seat is not part of the workflow, as it only is required once in a while.

It isn't the toilet seat. It's a matter of showing common curtesy for the people you live with.
    So dudes have to put the seat down when they're done, but ladies dont have to put it up when they're done? How is that fair?

Quote Originally Posted by Suikoden View Post
    Pretty much this. It shouldn't be a problem for people to simply be polite.
    Why cant they lift it up for me then?

Quote Originally Posted by ironfists View Post
    idk why its a big deal, a more debatable topic is leaving the toilet paper hanging down from the front side or the back side
    Front side ftw
    Author of Instance Profit Tracker
    Find out how much gold you earn soloing raids and dungeons

Curse | GitHub
    WowInterface

I think it depends on the situation.
    If you're in someone else's house and you use their bathroom, return the toilet to the way it looked before you used it.
    I'm a female and whenever I'm at my friends house, where all males live there, I always put the seat back up after I pee.
    My house consists of mostly females, the seat is usually down. No one complains if it's left up though.

It's just common courtesy.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    One could say the same about women leaving the toilet seat up, to show common curtesy for the man/men they live with.