BSOD when PC is unused

So I'm occasionally coming home from work to find that my PC has BSOD'd at some point during the day. Upon restart it'll pop up letting me know that the problem was a blue screen, along with a .dmp file.

This ONLY happens when I leave the PC on for about 12 hours with no other programs running. If I have, say, Mozila Firefox idling in the background (not even playing a video or anything) it never BSOD's, it only seems to happen when no other programs are running.

Has anyone had a similar issue like this before?

Edit* I can play games or use the PC for long periods of time (7+ hours) and never have issues

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Run a memory test using MemTest 86+ and check for errors. Run a hard drive test with HDDScan and check for errors.

Without giving us a BSOD code or even your system specs you can't expect much help beyond the general. Do the two things I mentioned then go from there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Check your energy saving settings, it probably disables one of your hard disk drives after 20minutes or so. And when you quickly start again it might want to read something of the virtual memory -> crash.