Page 1 of 2
LastLast

QQ Over Revamped/Rehashed Content

This has been talked about before, and I'm diverting this side topic from another discussion.

You know that the old world revamp/having a reason to go back to old instances was a widely requested thing from the playerbase, right? People wanted to see what their exploits accomplished and how the story played out. Besides the 1-58 experience and the Troll/SFK/DM heroics, what other dreadful and painful and boring revamp are people complaining about? It's funny because I find the revamped old world dungeons into heroics very fun compared to their old selves.

Just goes to show that people in the community that play this game will complain about everything Blizz does. I'm not happy with EVERYTHING they do, but it gets to the point that these QQ threads on every single frickin thing are getting out of hand.

People complain about content going too fast.

People complain about content going too slow.

People complain that Blizz is ignoring old world content.

People complain that Blizz is revamping/rehashing old world content.

People complain bosses are too hard.

People complain that bosses are too easy.

People complain that 5 mans are too short.

People complain that 5 mans are too long.

I literally could keep going...

If people are really bored with/tired of leveling 60-80, Let Blizz revamp it! Welcome any changes Blizz makes for the community to make the player experience a more fun one. I say Blizz should trade off giving new content for 1 patch, and then giving rehashed/revamped content for another one. Patch 4.3 will give us lots of new content. 4.4 could definitely be a revamping of the questing/story in Silithus and the AQ dungeons into 85 heroics. It could definitely lead into the Old God activity that is increasing in the next expansion.
    "Pulsars are the bulimic cosmic anomalies..."

What? different people have different opinions? Amazing... >,>

10+ Year Old Account
    Welcome to MMO-Champion.

just because some dudes requested this, that doesn't mean its fine with me. It isn't.

I think Blizzard should put out more original content rather than rolling on people's nostalgia for old dungeons/raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Haavar View Post
    I think Blizzard should put out more original content rather than rolling on people's nostalgia for old dungeons/raids.
    I think it's fine that they are balancing both, which they have been.

welcome to the World of Warcraft
    You will not be forgotten, Eleanor / Steam ID / DeviantArt page / YouTube / Twitter

More amazing then all the QQ is why ppl keeps posting about it? .......

As freebie content between patches, sure rehash and release it. As a major part of patches? No thanks, it's insulting. As a major part of an expansion (like the rehashed BG's in cataclysm)? Ugh.

All rehashing will do is make me eye future content / xpacs with skepticism. I've been to those places and did them before, no reason to keep doing them.. even in the case of TP and Gilneas, been there done that, just the graphics were altered.

At least SoA and IoC were somewhat new concepts.

Deleted
    What exactly is the op trying to say? Is he reprimanding people for giving negative feedback? Or for having differing opinions to other people?

I myself think that the best way to please the players would be to release new content faster. Revamps are good on RARE occasions, not every 6 months. When people say they want faster content they don't mean they want a new naxxramas revamp every 6 months, it means they want faster actual content. So yes, it's no surprise that people complained when they got their revamped content.

By the way, as competition in the MMO market increases the complaints will only become greater. I hope you're ready for it, if not then maybe you shouldn't be on online discussion forums. People will demand more when they realize that they have choices on where to go.

And this is like the 100th thread I've seen complaining about other people complaining. Why don't you practice what you preach?

Deleted
    I dont understand why people have so much against revamping old instances.
    Yes kara was great, in fact it was more than great, but it will never be the same if you go back there at max level or even at level 70 with todays talents/items/etc.
    Might aswell have it revamped into an instance which people would actually do for progressing.

Another BlizzDrone post to counter the angry buttmad posts, the complaints are legitimate, we're not really dealing with Blizzard though, we're dealing with this "team B" who are obviously incompetent developers, the team that brought us through Wrath left for Titan.

This team, I have no faith in them, so I cancelled my subscription with the first rehash patch, now they're taking biscuits from the executives, trying to charge you for game mechanics(Real ID party invites), the anger is necessary to keep their vile actions in check, but don't expect a quality patch or expansion out of these people, they're schlubs.

Quote Originally Posted by Revrant View Post
    Another BlizzDrone post to counter the angry buttmad posts, the complaints are legitimate, we're not really dealing with Blizzard though, we're dealing with this "team B" who are obviously incompetent developers, the team that brought us through Wrath left for Titan.

This team, I have no faith in them, so I cancelled my subscription with the first rehash patch, now they're taking biscuits from the executives, trying to charge you for game mechanics(Real ID party invites), the anger is necessary to keep their vile actions in check, but don't expect a quality patch or expansion out of these people, they're schlubs.
    Are you a game developer yourself? If not, you have no right to make such insults.

Complaining is good, yes. Makes them work harder/better. But insulting like that it's as saying you could have won more Grand Slams than Federer.

Quote Originally Posted by Revrant View Post

I don't have to really defend myself about whether I'm a "BlizzDrone" or not. If you paid attention, you'd see that I said that I'm not exactly happy with everything they do, myself.

Do you have proof about this "team B" business and "team A" leaving for Wrath? Or is this just hateful speculation. Plus... If you cancelled your subscription a while ago and don't trust any future content made, then why are you even looking at or posting on these forums?

Quote Originally Posted by RedFenix View Post
    this just hateful speculation. Plus... If you cancelled your subscription a while ago and don't trust any future content made, then why are you even looking at or posting on these forums?
    I've asked many the same question and they all say the 'only' check the off topic forums and check out the game. But it seems they only talk about how crap the game is and add unconstructive posts. Pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckwald View Post
    Welcome to MMO-Champion.
    One of the whiniest, indecisive communities. Ever.

But we still love them.

I don't mind If Blizzard rehashes content, but only If they make It different enough so It wont look almost exactly as It did before. The ZA and ZG reshashes were just awful. They look exactly like they did before.

I'm glad they rehash old content. Gives me hope that one day we'll get new player models.

Honestly though, it makes sense that they revamp old content. Sure, its not entirely new, but atleast its something.

Just always keep my golden WoW forum rule in mind:

NO MATTER WHAT BLIZZARD DOES, PEOPLE WILL COMPLAIN ABOUT IT and keep playing anyways

As for what people have QQ'd about "rehashed", I've seen people QQ:

-BWD is a rehash of BWL because nef is the end boss
    -Firelands is a rehash of MC because Ragnaros is the end boss
    -Ragnaros is "completely rehashed"

I mean...really? Are people that desperate to bitch and moan about something?
    Last edited by Vook; 2011-08-21 at 06:10 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Quote Originally Posted by RedFenix View Post
    People complain about content going too fast.

People complain about content going too slow.

People complain that Blizz is ignoring old world content.

People complain that Blizz is revamping/rehashing old world content.

People complain bosses are too hard.

People complain that bosses are too easy.

People complain that 5 mans are too short.

People complain that 5 mans are too long.
    You realise that unless the people complaining are the same for each little dichotomy your post is meaningless.

I mean meaningless in that it has absolutely zero relevance to ANYTHING and yet helps to perpetuate a stupid "QQ about QQ" culture.