Graphic Card Question

I'm only looking for answers from experienced people that know what they're talking about.

Okay then. I currently want to buy a graphic card that is good enough to sustain maxed out graphics and run good (60 FPS+ everywhere). With my current card in WoW when graphics are set on "good" and even "High" in dungeons. That is not enough for me. I want Ultra and at least 60 FPS everywhere. I've been looking on some cards but I'm not exactly sure what to buy. I don't want to buy a card becuase it's the most expensive when there is a cheaper one for less money. Can you tell me a little but about what cards are the best? And and perhaps even some links.

Here's some information that might be usefull, I really have no idea.

Model: iextreme M5140 (Packard Bell)
    6155MB RAM.
    AMD Phenom(tm) II X6 1035T Proecessor (6 CPUs), 2.6G Hz
    DirectX 11 available
    Windows 7
    NVIDIA GeForce GT 330

Thanks.

You will need a new CPU for verything maxxed, WoW doesn't like intel =-/, so you might as well upgrade evrything.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...pot-quot-Build
    Last edited by Arslay; 2011-08-21 at 08:21 PM.

GTX 560 TI stable at 1GhZ
    PCPartPicker Love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Arslay View Post
    You will need a new CPU for verything maxxed, WoW doesn't like intel =-/, so you might as well upgrade evrything.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...pot-quot-Build
    I'm sure that you meant to say AMD... Which isn't strictly true neither... It's just that the AMD CPUs aren't as new as the Intel processors, and so are lacking behind in terms of tech (not to mention that WoW is poorly optimized).
    Computer: Intel I7-3770k @ 4.5GHz | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM | AMD 7970 GHz @ 1200/1600 | ASUS Z77-V PRO Mobo|

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Senathor View Post
    I currently want to buy a graphic card that is good enough to sustain maxed out graphics and run good (60 FPS+ everywhere).
    No GPU is going to fix this for WoW. With a good graphics card you can get ridiculous framerates when no action is going on but when entering a BG or a raid your FPS will be dependent on CPU.

And it's not the number of cores that are primarily important, but the efficiency per core. Making Phenom so so, especially if you can't overclock it due to it being an OEM.

As for a GPU that can hold up its end of the bargain in a 1920x1080 resolution, GTX 460, 560 and Radeon HD 5770, 6770, 6850 are among the entry cards.
    Last edited by Wries; 2011-08-21 at 08:45 PM.

Yeah, I have a Radeon 5850 that never struggles with graphics issues, and turning it all up to Ultra usually isn't much of a benefit, so I don't. Still, I have the necessary/beneficial things maxed out, and sit in the 100+ FPS range at all times, unless it's a massively-populated area like SW.

WoW isn't a graphically-intensive game. From what I understand from others' information, WoW also isn't greatly benefitted from quad core processors as much as the clock speed because of the way it's built, so a hexa core would pretty much be the same boat situation.

More than anything, just getting a 400 series GTX card will make things a lot better gor you. A pair of 460s (I think it is) would be great and not all that expensive. It depends on your budget more than anything.

If you can afford, it, go get a Sandy Bridge processor or wait for Bulldozer in the next month or so. You're best bet is a faster/generall better processor and a mid-range graphics card.

Deleted
    Mod Warning: Just upfront, don't turn this into Intel vs AMD

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    GTX460/GTX570 and up or Radeon HD6770 and up. Either way you're looking at $130 and up for a video card that can play on Ultra.