Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OmnitronDefesneSystem View Post
    Amd will have trouble playing wow? Not this again. I'm not trying to start a flame war, but I will clear this up. I play on full ultra with an Amd Phenom ii x6 1055t at 2.8ghz. Now, I know it's a six core, but the architecture is no different then the four core when it comes to the individual cores. I get about 40 fps in 25 mans on full ultra with what I have, 35 in trade district of SW. Now, I think a higher factory clocked processor could preform better, also with the option of overclocking. There is nothing that will cause AMD to have a problem in WoW.
    my i3, stock clocks (can't OC), runs 60 FPS everywhere with only shadows and AA turned down, and view range above the interface's maximum limit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by uggorthaholy View Post
    my i3, stock clocks (can't OC), runs 60 FPS everywhere with only shadows and AA turned down, and view range above the interface's maximum limit.
    So? that's not what hes saying. Hes saying that his AMD runs fine - he made no comparison to intel whatsoever.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by clampy View Post
    So? that's not what hes saying. Hes saying that his AMD runs fine - he made no comparison to intel whatsoever.
    And I was simply stating that the i3 is excellent for budget systems as well and SHOULD be considered alongside an AMD chip.

Quote Originally Posted by clampy View Post
    Thank you for understanding what I meant. I'm not saying intel can't do it. What I'm saying is AMD is perfectly cabable of doing it aswell.
    Intruders detected. Primary defense matrix initiated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post
    If I could sleep next to a running vacuum cleaner, I woudn't care. I cannot, therefore, I care.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OmnitronDefesneSystem View Post
    Thank you for understanding what I meant. I'm not saying intel can't do it. What I'm saying is AMD is perfectly cabable of doing it aswell.
    I never said it couldn't, and I understood your point completely. I didn't bash you, say you were wrong, or call you out. I simply offered a direct comparison, budget option to budget option. I understand AMD has it's place, and can play games well. The i3 2100 is quite capable of doing so as well, and in a very similar price range.

Quote Originally Posted by uggorthaholy View Post
    I never said it couldn't, and I understood your point completely. I didn't bash you, say you were wrong, or call you out. I simply offered a direct comparison, budget option to budget option. I understand AMD has it's place, and can play games well. The i3 2100 is quite capable of doing so as well, and in a very similar price range.
    I didn't say you bashed me, but I'd rather not get an infraction for starting an AMD/intel debate :X. Yes, the i3 is also cabable and in a similar price range.
    Intruders detected. Primary defense matrix initiated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post
    If I could sleep next to a running vacuum cleaner, I woudn't care. I cannot, therefore, I care.

What's up with ppl saying stuff like "I have 100fps all the time EXCEPT for when raiding".?

Maximum fps means nothing. Minimum fps during HEAVY AoE and loads of stuff going on in a raid, is what matters.

On topic: None of the setups have any realistic chance of running WoW on Ultra (-1 Shadows) unless you overclock the CPU. Even the Unicorn will dip down to 35-40 fps during AoE.
    Last edited by ThrashMetalFtw; 2011-08-22 at 05:18 PM.
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory