Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Alyrazor 10 man, any help please?

Hiya guys,

We just got 4/7 tonight and are now looking at Alyrazor but really could do with some help on it as it looks like an immensely complicated fight at first glance but im sure to someone who knows it its easily broken down.

My Raid composition is as follows

Pally tank (me)
    Pally tank

Frost DK
    Combat Rogue
    Arcane Mage
    Demonology Lock
    Destruction Lock

And standby dps is a mm Hunter in case someone doesnt show

Healers are

Pally healer
    Druid healer
    Shammy healer

So would someone be able to advise on assignments and general tips on this fight as we will start work properly (had a few wipes tonight with little idea what we were doing as we didnt expect to kill our previous boss so easily.

Thanks very much and look forward to your ideas

Btw on as a guideine on dps on baleroc we had 5 doing 20-22k and 1 doing 18k plus tank doing 11.5k to give you an idea of our gear level etc

Thanks again

Gren

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Some general tips from my experience as tanking and healing this fight:

Kill it with 2 healers, 1 each side of room, assigned to watching any damage from druids (shouldn't be issue if locked down with interuppts and they die very fast), but mostly spamming your tanks.

Have 2 people in air (1 is doable but makes fight alot longer): Fire Mage is great, your lock can do great too, heck the frost dk and rogue are good, but I'd prefer having them on ground to interuppt a druid.

Split the dps so there's 2 dps each side of room, both kill the druids asap and remaining time is used to help the bird on the tank. Rinse repeat.

Have your tanks reach exp cap and get the hit up a bit (the birds are lvl 87) since they are pala SoT glyph is vital and so is Focused Shield (30% more dmg to single mob). Ask them to get a second weapon and enchant Landslide on it, also enchant a shield with Pyrium Spike. Ask 1 pala to have Ret aura on (the dmg of these changes really adds up!) The tanks have to do approx 85%+ dmg to the birds on their own, that's approx 18million. Aim to have them down before tornado phase.

Phase 2-4:

Dodge tornadoes, and have your tanks pick the druid adds on the side they tanked the bird, stun it with HoJ and then get ready to rebuke their cast, all they must do is try keep them interrupted so you get more time burning the boss. Heroism/Warp also. If your dps is enough the boss will die or will be low enough to kill during the 2nd phase 1.

I hope these tips helped. Good luck

As you learn the fight, I'd use three healers. It isn't a hard dps race. You have three full cycles of phases before she burns out and you hit the true soft enrage. (Even if you hit this, its not the end of the world. Just treat it like Baleroc after 25% or the last few %s of Beth).

What the fight is is an execution fight. Tanks need to do enough dps to down birds (have your druid give Thorns to the one doing less dps). If you are still having issues with the big birds going down, have your tanks put in dps trinkets. With three healers, it should be cake to heal.

Just be prepared for a long fight. But once you get the hang of it (i.e. learn the mechanics) its one of the easier fights in FL imo. Good luck!

Just a couple of things off the top of my head:
    1. Have the Mage go fire and one of the Warlocks go affliction and send them into the air.
    2. Split the Rogue and Death Knight on each side to interrupt the initiates and to have the Warlock float around or helping the side that needs help with the initiate. Also split the tanks and healers into the sides and eat the worms on their sides only. I'd recommend ultimately using 2-healers but 3 would be just fine to learn it.
    3. Make sure the tanks know that threat is an absolute no issue to have them use their 'DPS rotation' if they have any of that sort or to reforge into hit cap to more easily down the hatchlings. Since your tanks are Paladin I believe they can bubble, but not lose 'aggro' on the hatchlings.
    4. The tornado phase is key, so make sure everyone in the raid knows how to do the 'circle tornado' strategy hehe.
    Best of luck!
    <Guiles Theme Song> @ Mal'Ganis-US Horde 20-man 10/10M 8/10M, currently recruiting all
    Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho

I know for a fact that a Rogue with Glyph of Kick can interrupt an Initiate on his own. Even if the Fieroblast cast has .1 secs remaining the Rogue absolutely can solo interrupt almost all of the time. Out of more than 40 attempts, I was unable to interrupt about 3 Fieroblasts. It's not a big deal if one or two get off as long as the Initiate dies in due time. Healers just have to remember their dispel spell.

What I did as a Rogue was I started on the top-right Initiate, then went over to the top-left Initiate. I had just enough time to use most of my cooldowns to make sure it died before the next one flew in. Then I just stayed on the left side and was never at any real risk of falling behind. After killing the second one I even had enough time to go and grab a feather or two to make dealing with the Vortex easier. I will say that I had no amount of meaningful time to spare on the Hatchlings, though. Then again, I'm completely soloing the Initiates on my side while 2 damage dealers are on the opposite side, so it evened out.
    The reason I start on the top-right Initiate then go to the top-left one instead of just being on the left side the entire time is because the distance from top-right to top-left is considerably shorter than the distance from bottom-left to top-left, and it feels like the second pair of Initiates fly in sooner than the third pair.
    Last edited by Senka; 2011-08-22 at 12:20 AM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    As azshira said above, the main part of this fight is the hatchlings that must be handled by your tanks. These will be picked up by standing near the eggs that are dropped.

Also, the best DPS for flying in your group I would suggest your mage going fire, or having your warlock go affliction. As a fire mage, you start will your normal rotation, but once you reach 10+ stacks of the haste buff, you can just spam pyroblast and use combustion once she is grounded. As affliction, I'm not so sure about the DPS but I believe it is the same rotation just with lots of buffs.

When starting the fight, stack up as she will do about 50% of your health as fire damage. Heal through this then get to your positions. Assign one healer to each of your tanks, and if you don't feel comfortable two healing you can use a third to run around and help out. You will want to assign interrupters and dpsers for each of the sides. You will need two people at the back of the room (where you enter) and another two at the front of the room. These two people should be DPSing the initiates while interrupting the spell "fieroblast". The initiates will cast spells in a way that it will go brushfire>fieroblast>brushfire etc. Brushfires are not interruptable and deal a fair amount of damage so they just need to be avoided.

Now, as for your flying person(s). If you choose to two heal this boss, you can send a second DPS up in the air. This is done by picking up the feathers that are dropped as Alysrazor flys through the middle, as well as at the start of the encounter. She will do this every minute or so and drop 8 feathers. When this happens, she will do a cleave so you can't be in the middle when she comes through. At the start of the encounter your flying DPS will need to pick up 3 feathers each, and fly into the air to attack Alysrazor. They will need to avoid the cloud looking things that deal damage, while collecting rings to keep their flying buff, and damage increase. The more rings you get, the more DPS they will do during the burn phase.

As for the rest of your raid, if there is any feathers left over (there will be 2 if you send two people into the air), I would suggest letting the two healers take one each first. The next time Alysrazor drops feathers, have DPS and the tanks take one each. These will increase your movement speed by 30% and are extremely useful during the tornado phase. Now, onto the tanks.

When tanking this encounter, as stated above you need to think like a DPS. This means full DPS glyphs, no self healing with WoG. The 3 gylphs you should use as a paladin tank are Shield of the rightousness, judgement and seal of truth. You and your fellow tank will want to reforge into expertise and hit. Seeing as these adds are only level 87, you don't need to be full hit capped. If you look in your character tab, it can tell you your chance to miss. Also, don't forget because you are in front of the boss, you can go above 26 expertise and still gain DPS. Another good idea for this fight is to use DPS-Like trinkets. It is vital that these hatchlings die, or you will wipe.

These hatchlings will drop as eggs at first, and after above 5 seconds or so, will crack and open, fixating on the closest person to them. Because of this, the two tanks must stand near the eggs to get fixated. Once fixated, you will deal 1000% increased damage. I suggest at the start when Alysrazor flys through the middle, that you hit her 3 times with crusader strike to build holy power so you are ready for the adds.

When the hatchlings are hatched, pull them back from where they are so you are between the two worms (I will explain these soon), but not close enough they can hit you with their breath. Pop wings, SotR, DP, SotR again and then go with your normal priority system for tanking. These birds also have buffs that they will gain or lose depending. One is gold, one is red and one is blue. The gold buff means that the bird is fed, and will attack you quite happily for a while. The blue buff means the bird is hungry and has a chance of causing the red buff which is an enrage effect. This buff called tantrum increases the birds attack speed and damage by 50%. You need to remove this ASAP. This is done by feeding the bird the lava worms that spawn with the birds.

8 of these will spawn in total. 4 at the start, and another 4 after a short while. These worms will spawn in a square-like shape around the middle. Position yourself between two, and have your fellow tank do the same between the other two. The idea of these worms is to utilize them every 20% of the hatchlings health. This means, if you are killing the bird fast, you will never have enrage. This also means if you or the other tanks DPS is lacking, you can either feed the worms early and risk having a tantrum later on, or you can hold off and hope the bird doesn't enrage. Because of this, it is vital that the tank dps is up to par.

To feed a worm to the bird, just move the bird close to the worm, and it will then jump and eat it. Be careful doing this because the worms do a 360 conal constantly that deals a LOT of fire damage. Posistioning at first may be hard, but you will get the hang of it. Also, a very useful tip is when feeding the worm to the bird, don't wait for it to run back to you. Stay right on it and keep DPSing. Any lost DPS time and you risk having the bird up too low and it may lead to a tank death or even a wipe. Feed the bird every 20% and by the time p2 is about to start, the bird should have 5-10% health left.

Now, for phase 2. This is the tornado and burn phase. Alysrazor will come down to the middle and begin spawning tornados. This will travel either clockwise or anticlockwise in a circular shape. They will also kill you very quickly. NOTE: For this phase, your flying players MUST come down a few seconds before it starts as they will lose their flying buff. The easiest way to avoid these spinning tornados of death is to begin following one. They move very quickly, but by this time you and the rest of your raid should have at least 2 feathers each (60% movement speed). Follow one of these tornadoes till one going the opposite direction goes past to the right of you. As soon as it does, immediately begin to follow that one. Basically you will just run a constant loop of following tornadoes until this phase is over.

Rings of fire will also spawn, which are the same as the ones in the air that the flying players must go through to stack their buffs for damage will also spawn during this phase and it is vital that your flying players get at least one each to keep their stacks. If they successfully grabbed 25 stacks in the air phase, then prepare to see some serious boss damage.

This is when your DPS must burn the boss. She will take 50% increased damage and your spells will regenerate 10% of your total mana. Because of this, it is vital that your healers spam skills to fill their mana up to full before the next part of the encounter. She will also spawn two adds on either side of her. These will channel a beam that will ignite her energy shortening the length of this burn phase. Use your two tanks to ensure these adds do not channel on her. Sit one on each add and interrupt/stun/blood elf racial each of their casts. Never let them channel. If you can't get one, let a DPS know so they can help. This is the time when you will want to blow bloodlust. Both of your flying players will want to blow all their cooldowns. With 210% haste, 75% crit and 50% damage from just these buffs, you should be able to take the boss to at LEAST 50%. The boss will also be passively regenerating 3 energy every 2 seconds.

Once she reaches 50 energy/100 she will reignite, but be unable to fly. The two little adds will fly away, and your tanks must take turns with the boss. The first tank must move in front of her, face her away from the raid and blow a big CD. She will begin to cleave the tank stacking a 10% physical and fire damage taken debuff. She will also deal heavy AoE fire damage to your raid. This is the time when you should be rotating cooldowns such as barrier, aura mastery or tranquility. Once your first tank is up to 6 stacks, the second tank must taunt off and tank her until she reignites and flies away. Once the second tank taunts, the first tank can run into the ground for AoE healing. The second tank too must blow a big cooldown. Once Alysrazor reaches 100 energy, she will reignite and be able to fly. She will deal a big AoE blast for about 50% of the raids health before flying off, so ensure the tanks are topped up. During this phase, the DPS can still be killing the boss so get her as low as possible. After this part, the fight will begin again. Eggs will drop, initiates will spawn etc. If you can manage to get to this part of the fight, you will grab a kill very soon.

This fight is all about controlling the adds and avoiding the fire. If you can manage these two things you should be able to kill this boss fairly quickly, though some parts of the fight take a little getting used to. If you have any questions, just ask or PM me. Also, if you want a more detailed guide, visit www.learntoraid.com

Thank you very much for that long answer, must have taken you ages and theres lots of info to ingest there so thanks again.

So Basically if you have 3 healers you have 1 dps go up? tanks on the egg mobs and the rest of the dps split to 4 corners of the room for interupting and nuking the initiates?

And 1 dps goes up who gets the first 3 feathers, then healers get theirs and then all dps and tanks get theirs once they drop.

when boss comes down tanks interupts and stun the 2 adds while we pop heroism and nuke the boss on the floor, when she reignites tanks face her away and you taunt on 6 stacks then rinse and repeat basically?

And am i right that you stay out of the middle of the room where possible to avoid her cleaves?

I have simplified it a lot i know but is that basicallly it?

Quote Originally Posted by Pastspirit View Post
    As azshira said above, the main part of this fight is the hatchlings that must be handled by your tanks. These will be picked up by standing near the eggs that are dropped.

Also, the best DPS for flying in your group I would suggest your mage going fire, or having your warlock go affliction. As a fire mage, you start will your normal rotation, but once you reach 10+ stacks of the haste buff, you can just spam pyroblast and use combustion once she is grounded. As affliction, I'm not so sure about the DPS but I believe it is the same rotation just with lots of buffs.

When starting the fight, stack up as she will do about 50% of your health as fire damage. Heal through this then get to your positions. Assign one healer to each of your tanks, and if you don't feel comfortable two healing you can use a third to run around and help out. You will want to assign interrupters and dpsers for each of the sides. You will need two people at the back of the room (where you enter) and another two at the front of the room. These two people should be DPSing the initiates while interrupting the spell "fieroblast". The initiates will cast spells in a way that it will go brushfire>fieroblast>brushfire etc. Brushfires are not interruptable and deal a fair amount of damage so they just need to be avoided.

Now, as for your flying person(s). If you choose to two heal this boss, you can send a second DPS up in the air. This is done by picking up the feathers that are dropped as Alysrazor flys through the middle, as well as at the start of the encounter. She will do this every minute or so and drop 8 feathers. When this happens, she will do a cleave so you can't be in the middle when she comes through. At the start of the encounter your flying DPS will need to pick up 3 feathers each, and fly into the air to attack Alysrazor. They will need to avoid the cloud looking things that deal damage, while collecting rings to keep their flying buff, and damage increase. The more rings you get, the more DPS they will do during the burn phase.

As for the rest of your raid, if there is any feathers left over (there will be 2 if you send two people into the air), I would suggest letting the two healers take one each first. The next time Alysrazor drops feathers, have DPS and the tanks take one each. These will increase your movement speed by 30% and are extremely useful during the tornado phase. Now, onto the tanks.

When tanking this encounter, as stated above you need to think like a DPS. This means full DPS glyphs, no self healing with WoG. The 3 gylphs you should use as a paladin tank are Shield of the rightousness, judgement and seal of truth. You and your fellow tank will want to reforge into expertise and hit. Seeing as these adds are only level 87, you don't need to be full hit capped. If you look in your character tab, it can tell you your chance to miss. Also, don't forget because you are in front of the boss, you can go above 26 expertise and still gain DPS. Another good idea for this fight is to use DPS-Like trinkets. It is vital that these hatchlings die, or you will wipe.

These hatchlings will drop as eggs at first, and after above 5 seconds or so, will crack and open, fixating on the closest person to them. Because of this, the two tanks must stand near the eggs to get fixated. Once fixated, you will deal 1000% increased damage. I suggest at the start when Alysrazor flys through the middle, that you hit her 3 times with crusader strike to build holy power so you are ready for the adds.

When the hatchlings are hatched, pull them back from where they are so you are between the two worms (I will explain these soon), but not close enough they can hit you with their breath. Pop wings, SotR, DP, SotR again and then go with your normal priority system for tanking. These birds also have buffs that they will gain or lose depending. One is gold, one is red and one is blue. The gold buff means that the bird is fed, and will attack you quite happily for a while. The blue buff means the bird is hungry and has a chance of causing the red buff which is an enrage effect. This buff called tantrum increases the birds attack speed and damage by 50%. You need to remove this ASAP. This is done by feeding the bird the lava worms that spawn with the birds.

8 of these will spawn in total. 4 at the start, and another 4 after a short while. These worms will spawn in a square-like shape around the middle. Position yourself between two, and have your fellow tank do the same between the other two. The idea of these worms is to utilize them every 20% of the hatchlings health. This means, if you are killing the bird fast, you will never have enrage. This also means if you or the other tanks DPS is lacking, you can either feed the worms early and risk having a tantrum later on, or you can hold off and hope the bird doesn't enrage. Because of this, it is vital that the tank dps is up to par.

To feed a worm to the bird, just move the bird close to the worm, and it will then jump and eat it. Be careful doing this because the worms do a 360 conal constantly that deals a LOT of fire damage. Posistioning at first may be hard, but you will get the hang of it. Also, a very useful tip is when feeding the worm to the bird, don't wait for it to run back to you. Stay right on it and keep DPSing. Any lost DPS time and you risk having the bird up too low and it may lead to a tank death or even a wipe. Feed the bird every 20% and by the time p2 is about to start, the bird should have 5-10% health left.

Now, for phase 2. This is the tornado and burn phase. Alysrazor will come down to the middle and begin spawning tornados. This will travel either clockwise or anticlockwise in a circular shape. They will also kill you very quickly. NOTE: For this phase, your flying players MUST come down a few seconds before it starts as they will lose their flying buff. The easiest way to avoid these spinning tornados of death is to begin following one. They move very quickly, but by this time you and the rest of your raid should have at least 2 feathers each (60% movement speed). Follow one of these tornadoes till one going the opposite direction goes past to the right of you. As soon as it does, immediately begin to follow that one. Basically you will just run a constant loop of following tornadoes until this phase is over.

Rings of fire will also spawn, which are the same as the ones in the air that the flying players must go through to stack their buffs for damage will also spawn during this phase and it is vital that your flying players get at least one each to keep their stacks. If they successfully grabbed 25 stacks in the air phase, then prepare to see some serious boss damage.

This is when your DPS must burn the boss. She will take 50% increased damage and your spells will regenerate 10% of your total mana. Because of this, it is vital that your healers spam skills to fill their mana up to full before the next part of the encounter. She will also spawn two adds on either side of her. These will channel a beam that will ignite her energy shortening the length of this burn phase. Use your two tanks to ensure these adds do not channel on her. Sit one on each add and interrupt/stun/blood elf racial each of their casts. Never let them channel. If you can't get one, let a DPS know so they can help. This is the time when you will want to blow bloodlust. Both of your flying players will want to blow all their cooldowns. With 210% haste, 75% crit and 50% damage from just these buffs, you should be able to take the boss to at LEAST 50%. The boss will also be passively regenerating 3 energy every 2 seconds.

Once she reaches 50 energy/100 she will reignite, but be unable to fly. The two little adds will fly away, and your tanks must take turns with the boss. The first tank must move in front of her, face her away from the raid and blow a big CD. She will begin to cleave the tank stacking a 10% physical and fire damage taken debuff. She will also deal heavy AoE fire damage to your raid. This is the time when you should be rotating cooldowns such as barrier, aura mastery or tranquility. Once your first tank is up to 6 stacks, the second tank must taunt off and tank her until she reignites and flies away. Once the second tank taunts, the first tank can run into the ground for AoE healing. The second tank too must blow a big cooldown. Once Alysrazor reaches 100 energy, she will reignite and be able to fly. She will deal a big AoE blast for about 50% of the raids health before flying off, so ensure the tanks are topped up. During this phase, the DPS can still be killing the boss so get her as low as possible. After this part, the fight will begin again. Eggs will drop, initiates will spawn etc. If you can manage to get to this part of the fight, you will grab a kill very soon.

This fight is all about controlling the adds and avoiding the fire. If you can manage these two things you should be able to kill this boss fairly quickly, though some parts of the fight take a little getting used to. If you have any questions, just ask or PM me. Also, if you want a more detailed guide, visit www.learntoraid.com

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    I really think if you have 2 STRONG healers will make this fight easier for you, if you think they are average go with 3, if going with 3 I suggest 1 person fly, if 2, 2 people, just makes the fight last a little longer that's all.

No one should be in middle when she comes down (3? times) during the course of phase 1, you can stand or run there if you so wish before/after then.

Feathers: the 1/2 people going up gets feathers priority. Once they are up, then other people can take them, the tanks seem to like moving faster with the buff, aly will drop more when she comes down so if everyone has time they could easily all get the movement buff. It's not needed, its just helpful, only flying people take 3, if someone on ground does, they'll fly, so max 2.

And you are indeed right about phase 2 gren. Hope we have helped.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grenraven View Post
    Thank you very much for that long answer, must have taken you ages and theres lots of info to ingest there so thanks again.

So Basically if you have 3 healers you have 1 dps go up? tanks on the egg mobs and the rest of the dps split to 4 corners of the room for interupting and nuking the initiates?

And 1 dps goes up who gets the first 3 feathers, then healers get theirs and then all dps and tanks get theirs once they drop.

when boss comes down tanks interupts and stun the 2 adds while we pop heroism and nuke the boss on the floor, when she reignites tanks face her away and you taunt on 6 stacks then rinse and repeat basically?

And am i right that you stay out of the middle of the room where possible to avoid her cleaves?

I have simplified it a lot i know but is that basicallly it?
    Yeah that's exactly right. At first, it is probably a good idea to start with 3 healers and only have 1 person flying, as it can ease the pressure of if somebody makes a small mistake, and you should still kill the boss in two burn phases.

Not so much the 4 corners of the room. The initiates will spawn in twos. As each one dies, a new one will spawn from the other side. So at first you may have one at southwest and northeast, then the next two will be southeast and northwest. This is why the feather buff is helpful for DPS due to if they don't kill an add fast enough (which shouldn't be a problem judging by your dps) they can run quickly to the new one and interrupt/DPS it.

How you assign these two groups are entirely up to you. You can either do Northwest and northeast as one group, or northwest and southwest. It doesn't much all that much of a difference.
    Also, best of luck!
    Pastspirit <Ascension> 12/13 Mythic Hellfire Citadel

Deleted
    make your mage learn to fly and spec fire, with 75% haste and hot streak your casting a Pyroblast every 1 second + aditional off-gcd pyro's as soon as they get enough stacks + once 75% crit ignite from the pyro's will be large as well.

then when the tournado phase comes in they can 'refresh' their hate and crit buffs by runing through rings on the floor.

people who arn't the flying team should Ignore rings on the floor and not try to take them.

tanks don't swap at 6 stacks after her burn phase, they swap when she reaches 76+ energy so that one tank can run back and join the ranged stack and with your setup hit guardian when she hits 99 energy to help mititage the 100% aoe knockback +holy radiance (every little helps when your hiting all 9 of your raid members with a aoe heal)

tanks can "charge up" to 3 holypower on the casting druids before eggs drop meaning they can dump a 3point sheild into them as soon as fixated.

after first worms are dead tank bird on worm corpse as that will be a "safe spot" for where the next 2 worms won't spit on you.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll see if I can give you a couple of tips as to how to tank the hatchlings, as a fellow pally tank, to help you get them down asap. Most of these tips will be from my point of view, tanking the hatchling that spawns closest to where Alysrazor enters the room.

First off you'd want assign an egg for each tank and a side for each tank, so both of you won't go for the same worm.
    Your objective is to push as much dps on the hatchling as u can, while trying to dodge brushfires and lava spew.

When you engage the boss, you should be able to get your HP up to 3 on the boss, use a SotR on an Initiate, and get another 2 HP up before the hatchling are about to spawn. That way you can get the 3rd HP up just as the hatchling focuses on you. As soon as it does that, pop wings, give it a 3 HP SotR, pop Divine Plea and give it another SotR. This should be done while you kite boss backwards and a little to you left, so you drag it between the 2 lava worms, since you don't want it to go eat a worm too early, and you want to be out of range of the lava spews.
    Once the hatchling becomes hungry, you should be ready to pop a cooldown asap, unless you have the hatchling at 75% or so already, seeing as you only have 4 worms to eat before you hatchling should be dead, in which case you can drag it close to the worm and make it eat it already. Otherwise you should pop a cooldown when the hatchling tantrums and then drag it to a work asap. You CAN use Divine Shield without losing the focus buff, however I'd recommend saving this for the tornadoes, if they're causing you grief.
    Anway, when it comes to which order to eat the worms in, then I usually go for the one on the right first, since that fits best with the turning of its lava spew. Once it has eaten that, I recommend using consecration in that spot, since that's the point where you can keep the hatchling in one place for the longest period of time. When consecration has faded, start dragging it towards the worm on your left, but stay out of range of the lave spew still, until the hatchling is close to 50% or it tantrums (tantrums don't hurt so bad with GoAK up), at which point you drag it to the worm. After that drag the hatchling close to the wall just south of you, as a worm will spawn close to the one that was just eaten, and as I said earlier, you don't want the hatchling to eat a worm too early.
    Depending on how you have split the room/worms with the other tank, you should drag the hatchling to either the left or the right after having eaten the worm closest to you at around 25%. Have the hatchling eat the last worm just before it is about to die (or if it tantrums), since you don't want any worms up during the tornado phase.

Then just do the same thing when Alysrazor goes up in the air again.

Hope that helps. ;-)

PS. If you need any pointer as to how to do the tornado and burn phases, let me know and I'll post some pointers for that as well.
    Last edited by Tholle; 2011-08-22 at 01:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Viglante View Post
    people who arn't the flying team should Ignore rings on the floor and not try to take them.
    Rings are on a static timer once they spawn and it doesn't matter if 0 or 10 people run through them, they always go away at the same time.

If you're quick, you can get 2 stacks of the buff from the same ring if you get a buff right as it spawns.

Yeah as most have said already, This is mainly down to Tanks and people not dying in whirlwinds. I read someone said reforge to Exp and Hit. Not needed at all. I have almost NO hit OR exp and can pretty much solo the add I tank.

I would recommend NOT feeding the add on the first Tantrum, get your Vengance stacks up, using DS for this whole tantrum is more than enough to survive. Then just communicate with your other tanks over which worms you are going for. As a tip, when you see the worms spawn, if you take a side of the room each (left and Right) you can stand inbetween to worms and not take any of the fire damge they do.

If the boss aint dead in the first burn phase, rinse repeat, eat the first Tantrum to get your vengance up then feed through the rest.

If healing is a problem whilst you are trying this, Feed through all the tantrums till healers get a feel for the encounter, and just communicate when you have CDs ready to eat a tantrum when you all get more confident.

Oh and regarding the DPS flying, make a lock go affliction and when he gets 10 stacks of the buff, tell him to Soul Drain spam instead of Shadowbolt nuking, DPS is insane! If he is clever enough he can stack dots on the Bird adds as well

Thats how I do the air phase as a lock, and tank it as a pala. Never fails

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by panthro7 View Post
    Yeah as most have said already, This is mainly down to Tanks and people not dying in whirlwinds. I read someone said reforge to Exp and Hit. Not needed at all. I have almost NO hit OR exp and can pretty much solo the add I tank.
    Indeed - going for hit and expertise (or even dps trinkets) as a tank shouldn't be needed until you start doing the encounter in heroic mode...

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tholle View Post
    Indeed - going for hit and expertise (or even dps trinkets) as a tank shouldn't be needed until you start doing the encounter in heroic mode...
    No, the hit nor expertise is required. Neither is soaking a full tantrum. Both do the same effect - You will kill the bird faster. You don't want to have any chance of having a bird up during tornadoes, and if sacrificing a small amount of stats to reforge will prevent that, even with bad rng, why not do it? Soaking a tantrum, sure it works, but why not just reforge? Soaking a tantrum you not only risk having a tank death of such, but also possibly waste a cooldown that could be used to survive if a healer accidentally has to heal a missed interrupt or the like.

I'm not saying either is required. I'm merely pointing out the fact that if it makes the fight easier, and they're not already in there, why not prepare for it by reforging? It takes all of 10 minutes and could save a wipe. That's all.
    Pastspirit <Ascension> 12/13 Mythic Hellfire Citadel

10+ Year Old Account
    The great thing about having a resto shaman for this fight is that they are able to solo interrupt one of the druids each time for their pyro attack (If the shaman interrupts towards the end of the cast).

My guild sends a rogue up but we have enough interrupters down bottom.

Put the DK/Rogue together with the druid healer (1 Team to handle druids) and the other as either lock/mage/shaman or lock/lock/shaman depending on who you set up.

Pally healing the tanks of course and druid/shammy able to help if in range.

Have your rogue/DK alternate interrupts for their fire druid while the shaman gets the other one (Mage can interrupt the first one if you are moving towards it.

One team starts on the left side (Facing the boss as you enter the area) while the other starts on the right side. Then by moving around anti-clockwise (Avoid the bird when she flies through the centre) you'll be able to kill each druid as they spawn.

Less druids spawn towards the end of phase 1 so if your dps are free turn and help the tanks kill their adds.

Once everyone learns how to dodge tornadoes and are able to stack up to survive the AoE of the boss it becomes quite a simple fight. We spent less time on this boss than Ryolith/Baleroc - trying to work our crystal rotations for our dps.

Our composition for Alys is a bit like this:

2 Tanks, usually a Pally and DK or DK and Druid (Doesn't matter which tanks you have really)

6 DPS:
    Usually 3 melee and 3 ranged.
    We have myself (Fire mage) do the air part solo.
    1 melee and 1 range deal with interrupts on one side, while the other 2 melee deal with interrupts on the other side.
    1 Ranged DPS helping with the Hatchling adds which the tanks are tanking (depending on the dps you're tanks are doing, this might not be necessary)

2 healers, 1 for each tank.

I know for a fact that our healers can heal through an entire tantrum as long as the tank doesn't have gushing wound, so 2 healers is certainly possible. We usually have a druid or a shaman as one of the healers, as their AoE heals are great for phase 4.

A rogue or enh shaman glyphed/specced into it can get all the interrupts on one side, but you still need 2 dps on each caster to kill them in time. The DPS on the hatchlings helps the tanks with the dps. We usually get the hatchlings down right at the end of phase 1, or early phase 2 before the tornadoes spawn. Phase 2 is a simple strategy of follow 1 tornado, when it crosses paths with another one, turn and follow the one that just past you, etc. Everyone in the group should have picked up at least 1 feather from phase 1. Phase 3 is simple, just have your tanks stun/interrupt an add each, while DPS burn as much as they can. Phase 4, we have 1 tank infront of the boss taking 4 stacks, then the other tank taunts, who will be on her wing. The phase ends before we have to tank swap again, then its just phase 1 repeated. Our tanks do ~100k DPS, I get about ~55k in fire spec, the rest of the dps are around 18k.

10+ Year Old Account
    We struggle with Alys a great deal. Saw only once full 4 phases, the rest tries we died cause the hatchling had too much health left for the end of P1. Mainly cause we lack the DPS for this fight was given the reason last nights fail (ofc since we had a new tank, he died too often as well on the hatchlings, but anyhow).

As for our setup:
    tanks: 1 prot warrior and 1 prot pally
    healers: 2 holy paladins, 1 resto druid
    DPS: 1 shadow priest flying, 1 side had MM hunter/frost DK and other arms warrior/boomkin(who for interrupts went into cat form) interrupting.

For most of the tries hatchlings had close to 25% of health left when P2 started. Is this the lack of DPS problem or something else? Our logs from last night: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/q...ses&boss=52530

We did much better and got to see 3 full phases on several tries(the adds were up when the P2 started, but with much less health), when
    tanks: 1 prot warrior(os tank who does better than the new guy), prot paladin
    healers: resto shaman (who actually managed to interrupt most of the fieroblasts on her own, since the othet hunter failed at it), resto druid, holy pally
    DPS: shadow priest flying, boomkin/MM hunter and rouge/MM hunter on interrupts and still the DPS was a bit better that on the last try.

Also the second question is how do you manage with 2 people in the air? The rings dissapare when 1 person flies through them, no? Do they have to share their rings of fire or should the second DPS wait a great deal before going up?
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2011-08-24 at 05:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonnillon View Post
    We struggle with Alys a great deal. Saw only once full 4 phases, the rest tries we died cause the hatchling had too much health left for the end of P1. Mainly cause we lack the DPS for this fight was given the reason last nights fail (ofc since we had a new tank, he died too often as well on the hatchlings, but anyhow).

As for our setup:
    tanks: 1 prot warrior and 1 prot pally
    healers: 2 holy paladins, 1 resto druid
    DPS: 1 shadow priest flying, 1 side had MM hunter/frost DK and other arms warrior/boomkin(who for interrupts went into cat form) interrupting.

For most of the tries hatchlings had close to 25% of health left when P2 started. Is this the lack of DPS problem or something else? Our logs from last night: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/q...ses&boss=52530
    We do it with 2 healers, and have 1 DPS helping the tanks with the adds. Also, get your druids to throw Thorns on each of the tanks whenever they can, and Faerie Fire on the hatchling that the pally is tanking (Prot warrior should have sunder armor or whatever it is), it'll help out even more. Also, your tanks don't have to worry about aggro in phase 1, as the hatchlings are focused on them, so get them to use more DPS abilities/CDs when they can.

Well the dps comp isnt to good BUT the only obstical in this fight is the add killing befor phase 3 and the tornadoes(i personly think it is the easy shit in the world to douge other's say other wise)but this fight is fairly easy.