Thread: bios issues

bios issues

Hi i am a fairly regular viewer on this site but never had the need to post much b4. i have just upgraded my whole pc am running with a new Asus am3+ motherboard M5A99X EVO its running pretty well but am having an issues when it posts, i try and enter bios setup and am getting a black screen and no bios interface. like i said the board is running ok but its registering my ram as 1333 and its 1600 so i would like to manually change that. Any insight or help from u techies out there would be much appreciated.

make sure you run the disc that came with the mobo to update the bios. after that you'll want to go in to the tweaker settings and deselect "run in efficiency mode" or something similar to this. 1600 is considered OCing though, so make sure you have OCing activated in the BIOS as well. again, to accesss this you will want to run the disc that came with it.

Not being able to enter bios is a sign of problem. Tried reseting it already? There should be jumper on the motherboard or you might need to pull out a battery, manual should have instructions.

Could be the memory is slightly incompatible which is causing the problem. At least older AMD boards were really picky with RAM and could do all kinds of weirdness with wrong sticks.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Satheling View Post
    make sure you run the disc that came with the mobo to update the bios. after that you'll want to go in to the tweaker settings and deselect "run in efficiency mode" or something similar to this. 1600 is considered OCing though, so make sure you have OCing activated in the BIOS as well. again, to accesss this you will want to run the disc that came with it.
    .... wow? He cannot get into the BIOS, it blanks out on him. Running something in windows isn't really going to help him with that. Also for that board it's not OC til 2133, implying you can set the frequency in the BIOS. Which is correct since I just verified that with his manual.
    EVGA Classified SR-2 | Intel Xeon X5680 x 2 | Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 6 x 2GB | XFX HD5970 x 2
    Intel PRO/1000 PT Server NIC | ASUS Xonar DX | Corsair AX1200 | Corsair TX750
    OCZ Vertex2 60GB | WD Velociraptor 300GB x 2 | Samsung Spinpoint MP4 500GB
    EK-FB SR2 - Acetal+Nickel | EK-Supreme HF - Acetal x 2 | EK-FC5970 Acetal x 2
    Thermochill TA120.4 x 3 | Thermochill TA120.3 | Swiftech MCP655 x 2

Thx for the reply, i have already run the mobo disk and installed it according to asus recomendations also check update site for bios upgrade and there is none. all energy saving mode i can find are already turned off to do more i need to access the bios screen and i am getting the same issue i press delete on post and get a black screen and have to reboot to enter windows.
    also used the mem ok function which sorts any compatability issues out i get a post screen giving me an option to enter setup to enter setup when i try and enter i get same thing black screen. have reset cmos from jumper and popped battery aswell.
    have submitted to asus for a reply but as yet nothing from them.
    Last edited by makidd; 2011-08-22 at 01:06 AM.

Deleted
    Do you hear any beeps at all when you turn it on? If you do, describe them, as it can diagnose some problems.

Try resetting the CMOS - there may be a jumper you can use on the motherboard, or you may have to remove the battery. Refer to your manual and see.