Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I want to be able to pay gold for character levels too.

Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    I want to be able to pay gold for character levels too.
    And to get free epics instead of having to run dungeons / raids.

Quote Originally Posted by nightsrage123 View Post
    Wanting to spend less time Sitting at my computer grinding makes me lazy?
    Last I checked professions weren't mandatory and neither was WoW. If you dont want to sit in your chair, than get up.

I'm half and half on this idea, I like it because every new server I transfer my main to I make 4 toons: 1 herb/miner, 1 tailor/enchanter, 1 alch/inscriptionist, 1 BS/LWer. I use them to make gold for raiding, also so I can buy BoEs and for GDKP runs, I'd love to be able to bypass all the old world gathering, and the mats are generally scarce on the AH and the ones that are posted are usually pretty damn expensive (i.e. 50g for a stack of peacebloom, seriously?)

On the other hand, I don't want to gimp the players who actually make out like bandits selling the old world mats, I may bitch silently to myself about the cost but in the end I do buy them.
    Quote Originally Posted by KingHorse View Post
    It's like the collective psyche of WoW can't get over the sub loss, so when so much as a hotfix is announced, it's due to the sub loss. Tuesday maintenance? Due to the sub loss. Your loot didn't drop? Due to the sub loss. Your girlfriend left you? It's clearly due to the sub loss. Constipated? OBVIOUSLY because of the sub loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Seriau View Post
    Buy crap off of the AH. Use it to skill up. There you go, you just skilled up without leaving Stormwind/Orgrimmar while wasting a small handful of gold. Doesn't need to be easier, to be honest. This change would essentially change the value of all low level crafting mats to that of Fish Oil and Light Feathers.

Which, by the way, would make gold making INCREDIBLY hard for new players.
    INCREDIBLY hard?
    I hate to be the old man saying "we had to go uphill both ways in my time" but really?

Back in classic WoW, a lvl 40 char had to buy his first mount. It would cost him 80+20 gold if I remember correctly. Now it's 4+1 gold.
    And at that time he had already bought 40 lvls of ability ranks which we don't have to anymore.
    Also I do believe low lvl quests give more gold and rewards to sell than they did at that time.
    Also low lvl instances give more valuable (selling for more) rewards, are faster to complete, and waaaaaaaay easier to enter with dungeon finder.
    Lvl 1-40 mats prolly sell now for more than 10 times the value it did back in classic WoW.
    And I still bought my first mount no later than lvl 41 "back in the day"... and I was a pretty big spender.

That's only counting the first 40 lvl, let's not start on the price of the epic mount.
    It wouldn't be INCREDIBLY hard for new players to make gold, it's just INCREDIBLY easy right now.
    Last edited by Terranor; 2011-08-22 at 03:16 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I agree totally. I will never have a JC or LW because actually getting the mats or paying the prices for them on the AH are both unreasonable when compared to other professions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizz will probably have a feature where you pay 25 dollars to max profession. Just kidding.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok well....I had to work for the gold didnt I? I just have alot of alts and alot of Heirlooms and I hate being in Outlands and having to go into the old world to grind herbs or ore so shoot me
    Maybe you're just bad? I have a lot of alts too. Yet, each of them help one another's profession skill up. I didn't even have to spend a G on any old world mats, and I didn't go out of my way to gather mats either :x.

Quote Originally Posted by alemaite View Post
    WHAT new players. When was the last time you saw someone leveling without heirlooms. WoW is losing subscribers the people who are still playing are the ones who have been playing for a long time and I for one am sick to spend 5 hours for every char to get a profession up to 525 on 4 different chars even though gold is not a problem.
    I see them. Sure, not constantly, but you still see them around.
    And if no new players is a genuine concern, why would you want to make it even more unpleasant for them by messing up the economy?

If gold is not a problem, then just find a guide for your profession, buy the mats it lists, and level it.

It's changes like this one that slowly ruin this game. Yes, it would be easy and convenient, but it's kind of like eating fast food instead of cooking yourself. Seems great at first, but isn't as fulfilling. The game needs time sinks, things that are 'difficult' due to rarity of mats or costs, things that require time and running around. Because if everything is just handed to us; what's the point in even playing?

Ok well....I had to work for the gold didnt I? I just have alot of alts and alot of Heirlooms and I hate being in Outlands and having to go into the old world to grind herbs or ore so shoot me
    Well, I mean, you COULD have grinded the gold, It would have been much easier to grind the mats to level a profession though, mainly because you have to grind one thing, and then manage to sell it, only to do it all over instead just grinding out your professions at level 85...
    However, this idea honestly wreaks of some rich guy/gal with a credit card and access to gold buying websites, at which point, did you really actually work for that gold?
    If its not a gathering profession wait till 85 save up all your gold from questing to level and buy off AH, see blizz already has exactly what you want unless your to lazy to walk over to the AH that is 10 seconds from your profession trainer...

Quote Originally Posted by alemaite View Post
    WHAT new players. When was the last time you saw someone leveling without heirlooms. WoW is losing subscribers the people who are still playing are the ones who have been playing for a long time and I for one am sick to spend 5 hours for every char to get a profession up to 525 on 4 different chars even though gold is not a problem.
    Even on my old server I constantly saw newbies EVERY day and was always answering questions, and I came from a server where we couldn't even put a 25 man BH run together because there weren't enough 85's on the server!
    Even on my new server I see a lot of new players (not just the players coming to level cause they are swifty fanbois) but legit newbies and they ask questions but they also actually do their crap, most of them don't even go to the AH, they farm their crap.

So my question is this...
    why is it that a brand new player doesn't have any problems farming when they don't have flying mounts, possibly don't even have mounts, so they are moving slow as heck...
    and you up on your flying mount that is at least second highest flight speed, most likely highest flight speed since you wanna be spending more gold then you would on the AH to buy mats, and yet you complain it takes to long...

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SpacedOut View Post
    Blizzard need to redo low levels of particularly crafting profs much in the same way as they redid low level questing. some items are just retardedly complex to make for their value.
    Thats just like real-life. Get used to it. NOTHING worth having comes easy.

I just don't think it's fair that stuff like Linen Cloth goes for ridiculous amounts of gold just because no one wants to farm it. Even the newbies sell it for a high price when they don't need all the gold. I actually need it, and my professions are one of the main ways to get gold aside from the auctionhouse of course (reselling etc.). I have 4 85's and it was a PAIN and extremely timeconsuming to get them their professions I did it to get extra gold and get stuff like truegold cheaper. I would've just preferred if I could pay 5k gold to my trainer and be 525 instead of having to go farm level 20 mobs because there is no magesilk cloth or whatever in the AH. Or having to travel for 20 minutes just to buy a recipe that is needed to level-up. Or having to have 1k Winter to buy the stupid JC recipes when no one even goes to 1k Winter anymore.

There's always the ones that want to invest time in it and those who just want to have it quickly and spend gold. This is perfectly normal and actually one of the reasons the economy works (lazy people who spend a lot of gold to get something quick). Now I spend enough time crafting all the stuff already why do I have to spend hours watching some stupid bar go up slowly, sure this is ok if someone is leveling his profession while leveling but having to start from scratch after you already have a profession at 525 is really lame.

If you have 2 professions at 525 you should be able to pay 5k gold on an alt and pick a profession for that alt to be at max level. It's just like leveling guys how many times have you hoped for stuff like heirlooms, before they were tested everyone was like "well great now we'll have a bunch of noobs at max level that don't know their class because of speed-leveling". Now that they're fully implemented everyone realizes it's just so much more fun to level alts when you know it's not gonna take decades.

As others have said you can do this through the AH. For gathering proffessions it is just lazy though. I mean they just revamped the Old World and added flying to it.

Deleted
    Play Lord of the Rings. You'll love it. You can even pay RL cash to get those skillups.

Quote Originally Posted by brown View Post
    As others have said you can do this through the AH. For gathering proffessions it is just lazy though. I mean they just revamped the Old World and added flying to it.
    My old main became a farming alt pretty recently, and it was incredibly quick to get to max level on these. You can usually make one or two circles around a zone and get the 75 points needed to train the next level. Pick a new zone, go there, profit, etc.

The only ones that take a while are the ones where plenty of people are farming, and since you want to max this out for farming anyway, that shouldn't make a difference...

10+ Year Old Account
    I laugh when I hear people complain about the time/gold investment for leveling a profession. The Vanilla 1-300 grind is incredibly quick, and if done at the right time, or over the course of a few weeks, can be fairly cheap as well. (I leveled alchemy on my mage today from 1-450, spending roughly 700g total, buying cheap over the past few weeks) And at the current prices, the Cataclysm 475-525 grind is SIMPLE. I wish I could complain about the 18k I spent to level my engineering from 475-525, or the 20k I spent to power level four Cataclysm alchemists within a week of Cata release. Yes its annoying having to keep reclicking when you have to switch to a new skill-up, and occasionally find the right item you need (DAMN YOU CHEAP GROMSBLOOD!) can be annoying, but leveling professions now is SIMPLE compared to Vanilla/BC... Just do it right, with the right profession, and you should be able to make the gold back within a few weeks by using that profession!

15+ Year Old Account
    1-275 in most professions tends to be easy. The last stretch to BC is pretty horrible though.

I think all mats should be backwards comparable with divided returns. For example a top tier mat should equal be the next tier down divided by 3 and so on.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MickM View Post
    Thats just like real-life. Get used to it. NOTHING worth having comes easy.

That clip couldnt have been more perfect!

10+ Year Old Account
    You can ask in trade for someone to sell what you need

That is why you go to the AH and spend hundreds of gold on stacks of old world mats that I farm on my alts as I level them, then I don't have to pay for epic super speed flying! Everyone wins!

Like stated before, you want to spend gold to level professions? It is called the Auction House. For this reason I have no issue rolling alts on other servers with no support for my mains, by the time I hit 60 I usually have 5k gold in the bank just from farming as I level, and hitting the AH.