Deleted

Help moving wow cross platform.

Looking for help regarding moving wow from a Mac to a Window's without having to reinstall and repatch back up to 4.2.
    Also if that would work from a Windows to another windows also without reinstalling.
    Lastly, are patches able to be moved cross platform? As i can not re download the 8g patch again.

Is this possible at all?
    Thanks.

use an external hard drive

Windows to windows, use an external HD. Windows to Mac, not possible unless you are running a VM. Windows uses a different executable file type than Mac, so it can't just be transferred.
    Author of Instance Profit Tracker
    Find out how much gold you earn soloing raids and dungeons

Curse | GitHub
    WowInterface

cant do it wow mac client is different than the windows one they in different languages

Deleted
    Thanks for the help. Windows to Windows will work fine though? All patches included?

10+ Year Old Account
    actually there are a few files you could probably get away with copying to save some time
    just use the basic wow installer and fully download wow with just vanilla+bc then copy the data directory from the mac client over minus the base-OSX.mpq

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockblock View Post
    actually there are a few files you could probably get away with copying to save some time
    just use the basic wow installer and fully download wow with just vanilla+bc then copy the data directory from the mac client over minus the base-OSX.mpq
    The executable still needs to be updated, and the launcher'll get hella confused with different versions of executable and data, i'd think.
    The only thing I could see transferring is WTF/Cache stuff.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Assuming you have a friend that plays WoW on a Windows machine you can copy their WoW folder to your new Windows system but be sure to delete the WTF/Cache/Interface folder once you copy it to your new Windows PC. Then start the launcher, the first time will take a while as WoW sets up the registry and firewall settings but after that you'll be back up and playing in no time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Supraah View Post
    Thanks for the help. Windows to Windows will work fine though? All patches included?
    Yes But delete WTF and the cache folder.