Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Unholy VS frost Dk.

Hello there,

I do not post here often but I do read alot.

I been doing arenas recently as Unholy with a Disc priest and I been wondering if I switch to Frost the team comp would be better.
    I would love to get some tips, or just opinions.

Thanks alot!

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    For 2s? Frost's perfectly fine for 2s, I prefer it because I feel like you can put out more pressure quicker and force a kill a lot sooner -- ends those long 2v2 fights with healer/dps vs healer/dps a lot sooner.

Thanks! Yeah yesterday we had a ton of those fights. Those 15 minutes fights. Thanks alot :3! Is there any spec in particular for it?

http://wowtal.com/#k=-kcZDPI1.b0w.deathknight.

Should do as a nice starter spec. You can put points in Bladed Armor, Desecration, resilient infection, etc. Anyone feel free to correct any mistakes I've made.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kharnn View Post
    I started playing the game when I was 11 during BC. I actually discovered jacking off and came for the first time during a Gruul's Lair raid with my guild!

Frost is 'fine' (no sarcasm) but Unholy will most likely yield more wins. In 2v2 when people go out of mana, they go drink. One of them will crowd control, the other go hide and drink. Having the Ghoul to keep them in combat really helps. In 2v2 Mage + Rogue is also very popular, and being Unholy helps tremendously.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    lol. if you play mage rogue as dk priest and you dont kill them by the time they have to drink.. thats pretty pathetic on both sides of that ball. your disc should be offensively mana burning your opponents healers mana. most fights in 2s last less than 5min. anything over that if you cant keep constant damage on a dps or on the healer that it gives them time to heal, then youre not gonna win anyways sorry.

15+ Year Old Account
    Since so far, this is mostly about 2's, I'll go on on that road. As Feral/Holy Paladin, we tend to beat most DK/Healer teams. However, Frost turns out to be quite a bit more annoying and harder to kill for whatever reason(s), and we don't really feel any difference in pressure coming from either of the two. Therefor my vote goes to Frost.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm gonna suggest frost here. With frost's insane burst damage, you'll put enough pressure on the team to, hopefully, stay off of the priest. In my experiences, as far as 2v2 goes, the faster the better.

Having played both extensively with a priest I can say that UH is better for it in my experience. It's a lot more self sufficient allowing your priest to get in a position he can help burst. If you are having problems scoring a kill work more on your cc chains.

Focus macros for everything, help your priest out by focus death grip the enemy healer for easy fears, setup your rp/DT and pop stuff when trinkets on cooldown. Fear into focus strangulate is how we score most kills, with our priest bursting with me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you good at managing your pet? If so, Unholy offers more control.

Are you good at managing burst? If so, Frost will offer you more.

1-2000 Ratings I'd go with Frost. 2000-3000 I'd go with Unholy. 3000-4000 I'd go with hacks!

I'm getting into arena myself, started out in 2v2 but have migrated to 3v3 with a resto druid and shadow priest. I've fared best as DW Frost with the burst dmg and snares.

Unholy is better, but if you don't know what you're doing in unholy you'll do a lot worse than someone playing frost who doesn't know what they're doing in frost... if that makes sense... I guess what I'm essentially trying to say is frost is much easier to play, but in the long run unholy is better.

I think with a priest frost would be better since priests don't have as much mana longevity as a shaman or holy paladin do.

Well, the best way to avoid rogues in 2v2 is kite em and i love to do that with my unholy spec. Bursting is not much of a matter if u hve the 2029 str manual proc pvp trinket. I pop that at the start + diseases and go ahead. 1v1 its easier to get to frost tht way.

Usually its either an imba bursting team (frost dk with feral/arms) or frost as solo dpser. Eitherways i always manage to get ahead of my feral team m8 in terms of dmg done, usually the highest. I would say that UH is the best prefer all way. But if u dont know what to do, u ll suck bad, coz movement is an important thing with UH dks unlike frost.
    MOAR CHOCOLATE

frost is good for pve dps if u do anything give blood a go my lock friend sucks and dies alot at start so i kinda end with me i give em a hell of a run warrs i have no prob with won a 1v 2 with them lol but most of the other time i end with 1 dead and one up and us both dead time for a new team lol right?
    Give a man a match, and he'll be warm for a minute, but set him on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
    When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Quote Originally Posted by firex View Post
    frost is good for pve dps if u do anything give blood a go my lock friend sucks and dies alot at start so i kinda end with me i give em a hell of a run warrs i have no prob with won a 1v 2 with them lol but most of the other time i end with 1 dead and one up and us both dead time for a new team lol right?
    Pls its really hard to read, with just a question mark being the only punctuation u hve!!!!
    MOAR CHOCOLATE

Unholy. whenever i see a frost in 2s or 3s me and my partner(s) are like "LUL FROST DK TRAIN IT" and it dies pretty fast. Unholy has more survivability and pressure. Plus you keep healers in combat so they don't drink with your ghoul. The only problem with unholy is they don't do much damage, just an assload of absorbed healing.. so when you play double dos teams it may take a while.

2s

Healer/Dps- play Frost
    Dps/Dps- Frost or Unholy

3s

Melee/Melee/Healer- Frost for more dmg although Unholy works. Really good players also play better in Unholy for comps like TSG, using Unholy Frenzy to break their Holy Pallies out of ccs.
    Melee/Range/Healer- Both works. Usually Frost dks go great with Hunters or Frost Mages. Unholy dks go great with Warlocks.