Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

"Spiritual Successor" to Diablo 2, Path of Exile

Just found out about this new F2P game that looks alot like Diablo 2, with some upgraded features.

Site: http://www.pathofexile.com/

Youtube gameplay: http://www.youtube.com/user/ForceSC2.../5/S_g9RIPI34g

There will be 6 classes on release, only 5 shown so far. They have this gem system that will work like the runes in D3, where you can adjust skills to have bonuses like piercing, inc splash damage, inc radius, multiple projectiles ect. They also have a different skill system that lets you specialize in certain abilities while still getting some general buffs in other parts of the class. They also do something unique with potions, you collect the potion containers and they regen hp or mana as you kill enemies, with bonuses on containers like "refills to full on crit"....this means when there are alot of enemies you regen your pots faster, but on a boss (that doesn't have adds) you have limited potion use.

Check out some of the "lets play" vids on youtube it looks pretty good. People will probably cry about the graphics but not a big deal if you were a fan of D2 and looking for an updated version instead of a new spin on the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    The "spiritual successor" to the Diablo series is the Torchlight series.
    The only people you have control over is yourself. If you want to make a point, leave proper, factual replies.

Quote Originally Posted by Doirdyn View Post
    There can't be two? Torchlight just multiplied in the genre Diablo defined.

OT: I like the graphics, and it sounds like they've done a lot of good, if safe, things, but the really important thing here is execution.

spiritual successor? maybe TL and PoE are the successor but I want a great game not a medicore successor.

This looks like an absolutely AMAZING game, and I'd love to get in the beta and put out a few videos about it to be honest. Looks AMAZING, and if it has the Diablo II feeling, I'd definitely consider playing this for awhile instead of D3 (Call me crazy!)

im in the beta for the game atm and its a great game =)

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really. Torchlight was like a more accessible, cartoony version of Diablo. Path of Exile captures the atmosphere and keep the core part of the game the same but updates some aspects of it. If you check the videos out you will see the difference.

This looks quite interesting!

10+ Year Old Account
    It looks interesting, however the spiritual suppressor for me is demon souls True it's more over the shoulder 3rd person and the combat system is quite a bit different, but just the style and way the game plays out leave that feeling.
    What is magic, If not the expression of a human's desire to create something from nothing directed solely by their own mind.
    One may even describe such an occurrence as art. - Mr.E

You mean the game that took a good concept and made it far worse?

I havent been impressed with blizzards updating pace on D3 so looking at TL2 and anything else seems to looks better then D3 right now till they open the beta and we actually get to see more hands on stuff.

Deleted
    What with the hostility in this thread? It's not a contest... Either way, I love Diablo and Torchlight, this at first view does look like a very bland copy of Diablo, though they have a few nice ideas with the upgrading of equipment, I might give it a try... but I'm not sure or it warrants any really excitement in it's current form.

That game was fun for like 30 mins and then I was like ..uhh that's it ?

I'm not judging the gameplay, but somehow the trailers and movies don't look interesting. If you want a good hack and slash, go play Torchlight or Titan Quest.

I found their Templar movie extremely appealing. Titan Quest was fun for awhile, but its dated, and I really don't want to buy Torchlight right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Titans quest was fun for about 20 hours, then the problems start slapping you in the face. Titan Quest is not a great game at all.

I have to say Titan quest also, its not that dated either imho.
    And its a huge game also, far larger then what I remember D2 being. And the mythological setting it pretty cool I thought

If anything I'm sort of tired of these game, they are fun for like a month. Then it feels like you are just running the same dungeon over and over for loot.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    You mean the game that took a good concept and made it far worse?
    they did somethings good, but the pets were window licking retarded.
    it just lacked... alot of things.
    like proper balancing between weapons, broken spells, and bland repetitive content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by maldias View Post
    they did somethings good, but the pets were window licking retarded.
    it just lacked... alot of things.
    like proper balancing between weapons, broken spells, and bland repetitive content.
    Think of it as GW to GW2. They made the prior to fund the latter to do what they really wanted with the game.
    The only people you have control over is yourself. If you want to make a point, leave proper, factual replies.

10+ Year Old Account
    This game reminds me alot of diablo 2 inn menny ways...what i like the most i guess...not a cartoonish FX!....and holy hell so mutch delightfull skills tree to dive inn to!..so menny options!!

Diablo 3?..phff..no choises left..except the added effect to ALL skill you get whene skill tree is picked....feel like your not building a caracter enny more.

PS(i REALY hope diablo 3 still dont dissapoint...but i am atm verry sceptical)