Question Thinking about getting a gaming laptop more then a deaktop

Thinking about getting this one

Msi_ GT780DXR-099US

Here link if you want

http://www.msimobile.com/level3_prod...x?cid=6&id=326

What do you think? i think it really good by the review just want your opion. thanks

10+ Year Old Account
    Its a really powerful laptop and MSI is a good company.

Of course, you could build comparable tower for half the price.
    i7 930 @ 4.0Ghz | Sapphire HD5970 w/ Accelero Xtreme | ASUS P6X58D Premium | 32GB Kingston DDR3-1600
    Xonar Essence STX | 128GB Vertex 4 | AX750 | Xigmatek Elysium
    Laing D5 | XSPC RX 360mm | Koolance RP-452X2 | EK-Supreme HF
    Dell 3007WFP-HC | Samsung BX2350 | Das Keyboard Model S Ultimate | Razer Naga Molten | Sennheiser HD650

Ya i was thinking of getting that.. But desktops are so hard to find a good cheap one... any good one out there?

Goign to be playing guild wars 2 mostly and wow

Deleted
    they are not hard to "find" if you build it yourself, or ask for help on this forum. If you're not planning to use the laptop elsewhere I highly recommend getting a desktop.

I was thinking about that too.. but my friend has a alienware laptop and he loves it even if he never takes it anyhwere else. Anyone have any good websites recommend for building gaming anything?

Well, iv'e never liked using laptops for gaming for several reasons. First off ,they're very expensive, but even if youdo buy a super expensive laptop it will get outdated after a few years, and it's extremely hard if not impossible to change the hardware you want to get rid off and end up buying a whole new computer when you maybe only needed a say, new processor. Besides that iv'e found that laptops has a much shorter lifetime than a stationary computer, probably because of the massive overheating problems they get wich honestly doesn't suprise me. Squeeze all those heat-generating, powerful components into a tiny shell like a laptop? Doesn't seem like a very healthy computer enviroment.

Of course, this is only my experience, i might be totally wrong, maybe an expensive quality laptop does it work properly. but that's not something i afford to try nor a risk im willing to take. I do however have a very cheap budget laptop sololey for work and studies but that's it.
    Last edited by Atica; 2011-08-22 at 06:33 AM.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pallypower View Post
    I was thinking about that too.. but my friend has a alienware laptop and he loves it even if he never takes it anyhwere else. Anyone have any good websites recommend for building gaming anything?
    You would love that laptop without question. Its just a matter or deciding whether the extra dough is worth it for you.

cyberpowerpc.com is usually the American site recommended for building fairly priced desktops.
    i7 930 @ 4.0Ghz | Sapphire HD5970 w/ Accelero Xtreme | ASUS P6X58D Premium | 32GB Kingston DDR3-1600
    Dell 3007WFP-HC | Samsung BX2350 | Das Keyboard Model S Ultimate | Razer Naga Molten | Sennheiser HD650

10+ Year Old Account
    In a bar. Somewhere that carries Khalua, cream and Vodka
    If you are stuck on a laptop and don't want to spend that much, you might want to consider looking at the Asus G series. Fairly affordable gaming minded laptops with what seems to be decent cooling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    anyone want doughnuts? i hear there is a great shop in Vancouver

But do you gusy think like guild wars 2 and wow or any fps or mmo would do ultra on this computer?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pallypower View Post
    But do you gusy think like guild wars 2 and wow or any fps or mmo would do ultra on this computer?
    You'll be able to do 10-mans on ultra for sure. That's as far as my knowledge goes though.

mmmmm Anyone know about 25 mans on ultra?