Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa View Post
    As a melee you can pull it off but still waste a lot of stats, as a caster you would find it harder as the lack of hit hurts you quite a lot, when you really notice though is when the healer rocks full PVP gear, the mana regen is usually not even close to what's needed.
    They must be using the caster dps pieces because most pvp healer gear has a lot of int and spirit, where they tend to fall way behind pve gear is haste and mastery.

Decent player in PvE gear > Decent player in PvP gear > bad player in any gear?

Point?

Quote Originally Posted by kuku2 View Post
    PvP gear is bad. Those guys were obviously worse.
    Actually, PvP gear really isn't a bad alternative to PvE gear anymore, provided you can't easily obtain PvE gear. This is shown by the fact that he's doing 16K DPS in it, which as you may or may not realize, is double or even triple the average DPS you'll get in Random Dungeon Finder.

People need to lose the mentality of PvP Gear = Scrub! I've had people in PvP gear out DPS people in PvE gear during PUG raids, yet people still blamed the PvP geared guy for failing and causing wipes (Which of course wasn't the case). Maybe Blizz should go back to how High Warlord Gear/GM Gear was itemized lol, PvE gear that you had to earn by PvPing!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Prostyle View Post
    Decent player in PvE gear > Decent player in PvP gear > bad player in any gear?

Point?
    There is a risk you get kicked when you are in PvP items without any valid reason. Or get judged by it, as shown in the screen shot in the first post .

Quote Originally Posted by Rockmahparty View Post
    Just out of curiosity: Why do you respond with such reaction when that is totally not the point of this thread?
    OP's Premise #1: I did 16k DPS in PVP gear.
    OP's Premise #2: 16k DPS is good damage.
    OP's Conclusion: Therefore, PVP gear is acceptable.

Premise #2 was just blown up. Boom, argument invalid.

Quote Originally Posted by Megaira View Post
    Haha and who do you think is going to believe this nonsense? 20k dps with quest greens and blues. Thats just hillarious. Well how much do you do now? 40k or what?
    Depends on the fight of course. Around 30k on Baleroc, 25-27k on Domo/Ragnaros/Alysrazor. Less on the melee-unfriendly fights. Gear is my biggest limitation right now, only sitting at 376, could easily be busting 30k on most fights if I was a bit luckier on rolls.

It's actually not that hard to do good damage in bad gear. Damage done is 75% player talent, 20% fight-specific mechanic execution (E.g.: refreshing rake on Valiona before she takes off), and 5% gear. There's plenty of videos out there of people in quest gear doing 18-20k.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevoman View Post
    OP's Premise #1: I did 16k DPS in PVP gear.
    OP's Premise #2: 16k DPS is good damage.
    OP's Conclusion: Therefore, PVP gear is acceptable.

Premise #2 was just blown up. Boom, argument invalid.

Depends on the fight of course. Around 30k on Baleroc, 25-27k on Domo/Ragnaros/Alysrazor. Less on the melee-unfriendly fights. Gear is my biggest limitation right now, only sitting at 376, could easily be busting 30k on most fights if I was a bit luckier on rolls.

It's actually not that hard to do good damage in bad gear. Damage done is 75% player talent, 20% fight-specific mechanic execution (E.g.: refreshing rake on Valiona before she takes off), and 5% gear. There's plenty of videos out there of people in quest gear doing 18-20k.
    Re-read the thread and disarm your own post. That's all I gonna say to you.

Lol at the people still going on about the DD/DPS thing when it was dropped longgg ago.

Poor OP, people need to stop giving you such a rough time about how much damage you put out ~.~
    The point of this thread is how significantly worse the others were.

I have a toon that I 99% PvP (arena primarily). My PvP weapons are better than the 346s or 353s I get in randoms. This toon will never raid, but I am 1st or second in DPS every run I go on.

Soooo to say PvP items are bad no matter what means people don't pay attention. I have a blue 346 and epic 353, would people be happier if I put those on and do less DPS?
    Last edited by davesurfer; 2011-08-22 at 08:10 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, people who say "PvP gear is shit for PvE" really have no clue. The current jp epic pvp gear has very good primary stats and while someone sacrifices some secondary stats to resilience, someone in mostly or perhaps even app S10 pvp gear can do pretty good damage in heroics. No, someone shouldn't raid in pvp gear, but for heroics it's just fine (for DPS, maybe healers, but not tanks).
    I'm a crazy taco.

Deleted

moar dps

sorry pal, i just ran a ZG and got this..
    YOU better start quit QQ'ing

as you can see, 25819.6 dps as a tank..

While having the choice I wouldn't go to dungeons with PvP gear, my third and 4th alts still have a piece or two of PvP gear on them that is better (as proved in sim and spreadsheets) than whatever PvE gear they got. And I do good in dungeons...

I remember from WotLK in Aldraiana's spreadsheet, some PvP items and weapons were mentioned as valid choices.

For dungeons, Player >>>> whatever gear

10+ Year Old Account
    PvP gear sucks for PvE, that much still stands. However, someone who knows how to push their buttons will still outdeal a PvE-geared player who just doesn't grasp their class. We don't know what the other dps in that screenshot were wearing, what they were specced, etc. In any case, unless they just barely met the requirements for using the LFD, they were just bad. Heck, even if they freshly dinged and snuck in with BoE plate epics in their bags, that would be bad dps. Or maybe they too were wearing PvP-stuff. We can't know that.

In any case, we're talking about measly little heroic dungeons here. A halfway competent tank and a geared healer can carry 3 abysmal dps through them by now. But anyway... 16k dps is nice and fully sufficient for a heroic and to carry the bad dps through it. Nobody's denying that. But the point is... if it was PvE-gear, you could do soooooo much more than that.

Usually, PvP-gear on someone makes other people jump to not totally unwarranted conclusions about a player's skill. I've seen PvPers fail to the most basic PvE things. Melee will dps standing IN FRONT of the mob. People will stand in all sorts of voidzones - even more so than your average newbie PvEer. People will randomly aggro more trash packs because the concept of "aggro range" doesn't quite fit into the way how they're playing the game. I've seen it all.

But I've also seen very good PvEers wearing PvP gear and doing a good job. Now just imagine what they could do in proper PvE gear.

This entire discussion is fruitless for heroic dungeons though because, due to its inflated item-level (384 PvP vs. 333/346 PvE is a fight that PvE gear won't win) even PvP-gear has enough primary stats to make up for the solid loss of secondary stats that's attributed to ample amounts of resilience.

Also: Give a high-dps weapon to a warrior and he'll out-dps just about anything.

People think that pvp gear sucks because the scrubs that can't play cheat the ilvl requirements with ungemmed and unenchanted 352 pvp trash gear.
    That's where your association pvp gear = bad player comes from.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa View Post
    As a melee you can pull it off but still waste a lot of stats, as a caster you would find it harder as the lack of hit hurts you quite a lot, when you really notice though is when the healer rocks full PVP gear, the mana regen is usually not even close to what's needed. Either way it's still bad for PVE no matter how successful you might have been in one run as another warrior with the same level of gear but full PVE would beat your performance by loads.
    This man speaks the truth.^^

Plus you rock up to a 346 dungeon in 391 gear and show your e-peen to the world, bathing in the glory of your 16k dps. an equivelant in PVE would have pulled 25k.

id agree pvp gear users could do better. hell when i ding 85 on my new toon ill just head over to hyjal. do the 85 hyjal molten front startup quests+thralls. then zip over to a few rep vendors and ill be easily at 329 ilvl for heroics. maybe even 330. then ill just q as dps and enter heroics doing a moderate 10k or more.. once i get gear'd properly to 346 ill be there for ZA/zg..

dont even need any pvp gear anymore to cheat the dungeon finder. and yes ill pull my own weight as dps.

Deleted
    Your still in the wrong imo, pvp gear should not be used in pve full stop imo. The others in your group all sucked though from what i can see.