-208 haste +208 mastery for demo lock?

So I have the engi helm and realized if I wanted I could swap out the engineering gem. Worth it or too much a haste hit?

if you have the 2kish haste then yes.

skip the haste

Quote Originally Posted by MrSasquatch View Post
    So I have the engi helm and realized if I wanted I could swap out the engineering gem. Worth it or too much a haste hit?
    go with the mastery

Mastery > Haste for Demo. Don't even worry about the extra corruption tick, the damage done by the mastery bonus will surpass it.

Quote Originally Posted by Calabera View Post
    Mastery > Haste for Demo. Don't even worry about the extra corruption tick, the damage done by the mastery bonus will surpass it.
    lets not go jumping to conclusions, corruption isnt the only thing affected by haste.

You should sim it, it depends on your gear which scales better for you, sim once with the haste cog, then just make a quick change to the profile to make the cog mastery, and see what comes out better. I think you'll notice if you sim a helter skelter fight, that haste is far above mastery in terms of scaling.

Quote Originally Posted by Tween View Post
    lets not go jumping to conclusions, corruption isnt the only thing affected by haste.

You should sim it, it depends on your gear which scales better for you, sim once with the haste cog, then just make a quick change to the profile to make the cog mastery, and see what comes out better. I think you'll notice if you sim a helter skelter fight, that haste is far above mastery in terms of scaling.
    I have Sim'd my character many times over, have done stats comparisons and all. Even in EJ forums for Demo - Mastery > Haste.

Have done Skelter fights and regular spanks. The reason I mentioned corruption is simply due to a lot people thinking that 1993 will be so pro as demo, it really isn't

If you're demo 100% of the time in raids, take the mastery one, if you go aff/destro for any fights, keep the haste. Haste and mastery are very close in value for demo while haste far surpasses mastery for both affy and destro.

Quote Originally Posted by nerdzrool View Post
    If you're demo 100% of the time in raids, take the mastery one, if you go aff/destro for any fights, keep the haste. Haste and mastery are very close in value for demo while haste far surpasses mastery for both affy and destro.
    This actually isn't entirely true when you have BiS Chalice and you don't want meta to drop below a 2min cd, this strips the value of impending doom by almost half (since before with enough haste you could get it down to almost ~70 seconds). Its best to make sure you're simming for your gear and your play style exactly, your rotation, your opener, your pots when you use them, how you use them, or else you'll be simming for a different person entirely.

For example, I don't use shadow flame on cd on some fights because I'm not in range, because of that I tend to sim without shadow flame at all. This will effect if mastery or haste is better because shadowflame can get additional ticks with haste. However, most likely, with moonwell chalice you'll want mastery > haste >~ crit.

(Yes, crit can outweight haste with impending doom talent removed after 4 procs.)
    Soulburn: Unstable Affliction. A boy can dream.