Thread: Need some help

10+ Year Old Account

Need some help

Hey everyone,

I was checking the front page earlier and wanted to build one of the pc's that chaud mentioned, however the site I usually go to doesn't has half the parts.

The biggest reason is that I'm dutch and importing it from Amazon doesn't sound smart.
    I'm wondering if anyone can help me with 'building' a pc.

I'm using Alternate's PC builder (http://www.alternate.nl/html/pcbuild...=1&tn=BUILDERS).

A setup like Narwhal seems good (i5 processor) since I'm a gamer, I don't see the use for an i7. Already got a good monitor, so it's purely the computer itself.

Just for the sake of keeping it realistic, let's set a budget on €1000. Exceeding a bit isn't a problem.

Thanks in advance already!

Deleted
    I've used azerty.nl alot of choice and quite cheap
    alternate didn't have everything I wanted.

maby this is of some use to you list

Deleted
    Just threw something together fast:

€ 802,40*
    Detailoverzicht
    Grafische kaarten NVIDIA GeForce GTX MSI N560GTX-Ti Twin Frozr II/OC 1 x à € 199,90*
    verwijderen veranderen
    CPUs Socket 1155 Intel® Core™ i5-2500K 1 x à € 182,90*
    verwijderen veranderen
    Voedingen meer dan 600 Watt Corsair CMPSU-650HX 1 x à € 104,90*
    verwijderen veranderen
    Behuizingen Midi Tower Antec Nine Hundred Two V3 1 x à € 109,90*
    verwijderen veranderen
    Moederborden Socket 1155 ASUS P8P67 PRO -=Rev.3.1=- 1 x à € 134,90*
    verwijderen veranderen
    Harddisks 3,5 inch SATA Western Digital WD1002FAEX 1 x à € 69,90*

Add 8gb 1600MHz Cl9 ram (G.Skill or kingston HyperX will do just fine), dvd-drive if you need one and a CPU cooler (don't know enough about them to recommend one from the site's selection) and you'll be looking at around ~900e, then if you want an SSD that'll put you at about 1050-1100e. Case is completely up to taste, I have that one and I quite like it, many other people swear by the coolermaster HAF cases or other alternatives, cases are pretty subjective with the different size/functionality/looks/leds. But the 902 v3 comes with painted interior, cable management space, ssd slot and 4 fans with leds so it's not a bad choice by any means.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hard for me to find "link to this build" but here's a scrshot of a shopping list, all parts found in the configurator ;o

http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/8908/winhj.jpg

I didn't configure a case as the 912 in the Narwhal setup wasn't there as far as I saw. But whatever, pick a case you think looks good and make sure it's ATX and no other size.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wries View Post
    Hard for me to find "link to this build" but here's a scrshot of a shopping list, all parts found in the configurator ;o

http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/8908/winhj.jpg

I didn't configure a case as the 912 in the Narwhal setup wasn't there as far as I saw. But whatever, pick a case you think looks good and make sure it's ATX and no other size.
    I was ready to post a setup really similar to this (with Asus P8Z68-V Pro M/B, Corsair 650W HX PSU and Corsair RAM, no SSD but with Asus GTX570 DCII graphics card).
    I'd for a fractal design case, never used one myself (due to them not being available here -.-) but I've heard lots of good things!

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks alot for all the responses so far ^^ I'm at work atm so I'll check them more in-depth when I get home!

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I was (mostly) looking for parts that were the same or equal to what is in Narwhal but now noticed Chaud have put Z68 and not a P67 chipset motherboard in it, so the Asrock isn't really equal after all. Though it's an excellent board if you don't need quicksync.

Deleted
    everyone seems to agree about the 2500k ^^

I do wonder why both of you recommended 8Gb. he said its for gaming, I dont think it needs 8 then?

Considering you aren't going to have to spend on a monitor or Windows 7, you might want to consider using my build as it's mostly if not all top of the line and cost me around $1667 (little over 800 pound) when purchased from Newegg.

HAF932 Coolermaster
    Corsair HX750
    i5 2500k
    Noctua NH-U12P
    ASUS P8Z68-V PRO
    EVGA GTX580
    8GB Ripjaws DDR3 1600Mhz
    Intel 510 120GB SSD
    1TB Samsung Spinpoint 7200 RPM

To save some cash you can probably drop the SSD which will increase load times a bit but otherwise not a big deal. If you DO go with the ASUS mobo, have your friend overclock it with a guide. Do NOT use the Auto OC Tuner, it will undervolt your CPU causing you to crash out a lot (nut otherwise no permanent damage), read a guide on how to do it proper. I run mine at a stable 4.3Ghz with 1.225v Vcore with no problems. The Noctua fan is a bit of a bear to get installed and likes to block RAM ports, but it really is top notch at cooling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 44thsavage View Post

I do wonder why both of you recommended 8Gb. he said its for gaming, I dont think it needs 8 then?
    Ram is dirt cheap and by experience we can say that eventually it will be "needed".

Deleted
    guess thats fair, maby I should switch that for my setup, but shouldn't you take 2x4? since its dual channel (and its cheaper anyway)

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 44thsavage View Post

some light multitasking will get near 4 gig, and it's really a small price increase to get it to 8 gig.
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard