Thread: Holy Paladin!

Deleted

Holy Paladin!

So, i'm just starting PVPing on my Holydin eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/khadgar/Alkaholiek/advanced

I was wondering wether I could get some help with gemming/gearing/enchanting and just in general tips on the quickests ways to gear up! Also, just some pointers for general play would be appreciated too!

Thanks in advance! <3

Deleted
    hey there,

for gemming and enchanting -> http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...landria/simple ps: still need to enchant weapon ( heartsong ) shield ( 40 int )
    for macro's:

aura mastery:

#showtooltip Aura Mastery
    /cast Divine Favor
    /cast Aura Mastery
    /use Vicious Gladiator's Badge of Dominance

burst healing macro:

#showtooltip Avenging Wrath
    /cast Guardian of Ancient Kings
    /cast Avenging Wrath

focus hammer of justice:

/cast [target=focus] Hammer of Justice

focus exorsism:

/cast [target=focus, exists] Exorcism

holy shock with anti sheep:

#showtooltip Holy Shock
    /cast Holy Shock
    /cast [noharm,help] Righteous Defense
    /stopmacro [harm] [noexists]
    /cast Righteous Defense

rebuke macro with focus:

#showtooltip
    /cast [target=focus] Rebuke
    /targetnearestenemy
    /cast Rebuke

devine plea with enginering hand enchant for extra intellect:

/cast Divine Plea
    /use Ruthless Gladiator's Ornamented Gloves

other things you need to know:

always stand behind a pillar healing and cast a hand of sacrefice when a target is like 60% health to avoid sheeps, scatter traps etc.
    interrupt those "bleep" heals from the healer except if its a priest as they fear ya away.
    make ur team mobile make sure to prio dispelling frostnova's roots fears etc. when you go for the kill time a right freedom on ur dps. If there are way to many dots on ur teammate including "Unstable affliction" prio freedom if they are rooted.
    make sure to NOT blow all ur healing cooldowns at the same time except if ur teammate is like 10% health ( thats what i do ).
    make sure to reforge everything to Spirit and get as much resillience as possible. The darkmoon card:Tsunami is a must for pvp in my oppinion.
    fake cast those interrupts cast till like 45/50% cast and then walk and hope they interrupt so you can fully heal.
    Let your team mates support you when you have a hard time healing!
    Stun the healer if the dps of the opponent team is nearly dead to force a trinket use so your other team mate can controll him afterwards.
    NEVER STUN A PLAYER WHEN THEY ARE FULL HEALTH!!!!!! its such a waste of ur cooldown. Also after you hammered the guy after hammer inmediately arcane torrent if ur bloodelf at like 0.5 seconds left of the hammer of justice rebuke ofcourse after ( let them not fake cast you always interrupt at like 80% of the enemy's cast ).

Cheers,
    Khilandria @ Sylvanas.

Read the pali forums? armory Top H palis? fixed...

Gems: 40 intel in red, 20 intel 20 spirit in blue, 20 intel 20 crit in yellow.
    Enchants: Depends on what you can afford, but basically get heartsong / power torrent on weapon and intel > crit > spirit > mastery > haste enchants everywhere elese.

I run mage/lock/hpally and have ran melee cleaves and other shit as well so heres some basic advice.
    -Stay the hell away from everyone unless your going for a rebuke. Biggest things are priests and locks and rogues, if you are within 10 yrds of them they can cc you in a shitton of ways without even thinking twice.
    -Stay by LoS, hpallys are easy to switch to and burst down, espeically by rogue or mage (dear god if they have both...) teams. Los'ing cc's is crucial.
    -Balancing your cds is key to keeping everyone alive, I usually have at least 1 cd or trinket popped if anyone is taking dmg.

Quote Originally Posted by Khilandria View Post
    #showtooltip Avenging Wrath
    /cast Guardian of Ancient Kings
    /cast Avenging Wrath
    No, no, dont use this. Guardian is a big enough cd you dont need to waste wings with it. Guardian is a bigger cd than bubble tbh, save it for when you really need it, wings should be used almost on cd in 3s.

Quote Originally Posted by thisnamesucks View Post

No, no, dont use this. Guardian is a big enough cd you dont need to waste wings with it. Guardian is a bigger cd than bubble tbh, save it for when you really need it, wings should be used almost on cd in 3s.

What about macroing wings and divine favor with a spell power trinket? I did that as a good O'sh!t button, but mainly use just in twos to help burn targets

As others have said; Int in red, Int/Spi in blue, Int/Crit in yellow.

If you're planning to do 3s drop Denounce and fill out Speed of Light and Tower of Radiance. I'd also recommend picking up Conviction. You can poach one point from Blessed Life and one from Enlightened Judgements. Grab one more from Crusade.

Placement and CD use are the biggest deals for Holy Paladins. Holy Paladins lack a means to put out true offensive pressure, and though Rebuke is handy, in many cases it is not worth leaving the pillar to use.

Always track your cooldowns, if you lose a match/die in a BG, take a few moments to consider whether you did not use cooldowns that you should have.

Hand of Sacrifice can be used (preemptively) to get yourself out of CC. Polymorph is the easiest (it has a cast time), but it also breaks Sap, Blind, Freezing Trap, Scatter Shot, Hungering Cold, etc, anything that breaks on damage.

I wouldn't really advise macroing CDs together, even though you will frequently combine them.

Grinding BGs will be the fastest way to gear up, but don't delay getting into arenas, either. Even at the base cap, it will speed up your gear acquisition.

Deleted
    Thanks alot for all the pointers.

Gonna try some 2's with a Warrior friend of mine so hopefully that'll rack up some quick points. Cheers for all the help! Just 1 question though, how come Crit > Haste? I know PvE wise, haste is a huge bonus.

Also, other than Holy Shock, what would my main heal be? FoL or would it stay as HL?

Quote Originally Posted by Xeno1607 View Post
    Thanks alot for all the pointers.

Gonna try some 2's with a Warrior friend of mine so hopefully that'll rack up some quick points. Cheers for all the help! Just 1 question though, how come Crit > Haste? I know PvE wise, haste is a huge bonus.

Also, other than Holy Shock, what would my main heal be? FoL or would it stay as HL?

all hard casts have the potential to get interrupted, locking you out of your spells. You want to use your instant spells, holy shock, WoG, and instant FoL mostly. get an interrupt tracking add on and learn to fake cast before you try to do a hard casting. Crit is better than haste in pvp cause Holy shock crits proc instant FoL. With the crit buff it is much better than haste.

Quote Originally Posted by Feronn View Post
    all hard casts have the potential to get interrupted, locking you out of your spells. You want to use your instant spells, holy shock, WoG, and instant FoL mostly. get an interrupt tracking add on and learn to fake cast before you try to do a hard casting. Crit is better than haste in pvp cause Holy shock crits proc instant FoL. With the crit buff it is much better than haste.
    What he said. I use the addon InterruptBar which is nice because it shows all interrupt cds as well as things like priest fear, so you know when you can get near priests for interrupts and such, and scatter shot, so you know when to burn hand of sacrifice to not get trapped.

Heres the spec I recommend (no denounce) for anything but 2s: http://wowtal.com/#k=te4EijxE1.b0w.paladin.qybopb
    Maxing out conviction or PotI is personal preference imo.

For a denounce version, just take 2 out of divinity or something.