Poll: Who should foot the bill?

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    letting a woman pay, my god you are a disgrace for all men, never, EVER leave a woman to pay, doesnt matter if you are dating or married.
    pretty much this.
    there is a reason we spend tremendous amounts of money on jewellery, fancy dinners and the rest, it's to show that we care enough to spend that kind of cash.

wasted gesture if you split the bill.

I'd pay to be nice, but I sure as hell am not opening the car door for the girl to get in and out. Now that's just lazy...
    "It's clear this is another bash Apple thread. Such things are not conducive to a good discussion."

WRONG! Those are the BEST discussions!

In my opinion the person who initiated the date should pay for it. If the man asked the woman out, he'll pay. If the woman asked the man out, she'll pay.
    This whole "men should pay for dates" is sexist and outdated.

Deleted
    Nobody *should* pay, do whatever feels right.

That said, I always insist on paying...and routinely in relationships too unless my girl wants to treat me.

Quote Originally Posted by Liara View Post
    In my opinion the person who initiated the date should pay for it. If the man asked the woman out, he'll pay. If the woman asked the man out, she'll pay.
    This whole "men should pay for dates" is sexist and outdated.
    I agree, but if a girl asked me out the least i'd expect is to go half. Seems men don't really like women paying, makes them inferior. I think it would be good if a woman personally cooked for a man on the first date (IF SHE ASKED).

10+ Year Old Account
    The person who asked.

Why this is not an option in the poll is beyond me.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

I usually tried to go dutch on first dates. But my fiance wouldn't have it on ours, he wanted to pay for it. So I let him. lol He's such a gentleman, holds the door for me and everything! Going on 5 years. That was easily the best first date I ever had..

But yeah, I agree with most people when they say the person initiating should pay.
    Last edited by Felicia; 2011-08-22 at 09:50 PM.

Depends on the relationship i'd say.
    But i say the one who asked the other one out is the one who pays.

If you've dated for long, it's completely acceptable to go dutch.
    Never look into the eyes of a horse.
    Your soul will forever be lost in the void of a horse.

whoever it was that asked the other out for the date should pay.

Come on men, women want equality, right?

Whoever asks the other person out is the one that pays.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

It really depends on the circumstances. Blind dates it should go dutch, if a guy asks a girl out then it should be the guy, if the girl asks the guy out then dutch or girl pays, casual coffee date or something then dutch unless she gets there first and waits for him then guy pays.
    Guy always paying full tab regardless just kinda leads to chain of meal whores and broke guys.
    Girls often like it when the guy steps up and pays without asking how to split everything, but at the same time, you can also do that in a manner that is still offensive, and would have left you better off discussing how to handle the bill.

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    letting a woman pay, my god you are a disgrace for all men, never, EVER leave a woman to pay, doesnt matter if you are dating or married.
    You are a disgrace, with your sexist attitude.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lochglen View Post
    I am wondering if Blizzard are going to give the Alliance the 5 mounts because the worgen have running wild, the horde have 5 new mounts , i just think they should balance it out, how say you all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    hows about you give half your money to africa because you have more than them, and it's not balanced
    no? didn't think so

I'm probably a bit outdated and old fashioned, but it's chivilrous for the man to pay, since i'd generally be the one asking the woman out it pretty much ties in, but as a guy i feel if some woman has come out on a date with me (regardless as to how it's initiated) then it's polite & gentlemanly to pay. On a first date you're not exactly going to a Michelin Star restaurant anyways, some place with good eats where you can talk, you save the proper restaurants for when you know it's gonna go well, then that way it doesn't feel forced or awkward if it's a rubbish date.
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

Quote Originally Posted by Maharishi View Post
    It may be sexist, it may be outdated.

But if your the man, man up and pay.
    Agreed...this is the only way to do it!

Dutch. If you want to make an impression stick to opening the door for your date.

Quote Originally Posted by koodledrum View Post
    I'm probably a bit outdated and old fashioned, but it's chivilrous for the man to pay, since i'd generally be the one asking the woman out it pretty much ties in, but as a guy i feel if some woman has come out on a date with me (regardless as to how it's initiated) then it's polite & gentlemanly to pay. On a first date you're not exactly going to a Michelin Star restaurant anyways, some place with good eats where you can talk, you save the proper restaurants for when you know it's gonna go well, then that way it doesn't feel forced or awkward if it's a rubbish date.
    Good point, I think men would feel comftable if at least the girl offered to go dutch (even if the man knew all along he would pay fully) it just shows that there's some way of kindness from both parties. I hate to see women who say "first date, free food" and abusing that by ordering anything and everything with no thought to the man. It is all situational I guess.

Depends really

I tend to buy the dinners / meals ( male) but some times she like to go half atleast
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    The person who asked.

Why this is not an option in the poll is beyond me.
    I was going to, most comments stated it, but most/all say: if the girl asks then you should only go double which wouldn't be a "fair" poll - The reason for comments is expanding on what you wish to say, the poll is just a quick quantitative summary of the thread, i'm more interested in the quality.

Quote Originally Posted by BeingRepressed View Post
    The person who initiated the date pays. Usually that's the guy. Of course, if both people are poor college students, from my experience your date offers to split it.
    Agreed, though generally on the first date you're trying to make your best impression, and a girl that comes to a date and doesnt even offer to split the bill doesnt really leave the best of impressions.

Quote Originally Posted by adimaya View Post
    pretty much this.
    there is a reason we spend tremendous amounts of money on jewellery, fancy dinners and the rest, it's to show that we care enough to spend that kind of cash.

wasted gesture if you split the bill.
    No it shows we're trying to get some!