Scratch making a new case and need suggestions

Hello fellow MMO-C readers,
    I am fishing for some ideas regarding a new case that I am building. I will be either making it from scratch (fiberglass or aluminum/steel) or I can mod a few old mid towers that I have laying around. Anyways I am looking for some cool ideas to make my case nice and unique, so throw some ideas at me if you'd be so kind. Money isn't really an issue at this point, I have access to a nice workshop so I can get my hands on whatever I need in the tool department, and I am fairly competent when it comes to the actual building. I just need some ideas.

So far the only ones I have been able to think of are:
    -Beer/Soda Tap
    -Mini Fridge
    -Fish Tank (tropical or otherwise heat tolerant)

The only problem is all of those have been done before, and I am looking for something very unique or at least something with some big wow factor.

Well thank you ahead of time for any ideas you can come up with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Have a sports ticker somewhere along the case, so you can know your scores without going to ESPN.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asics View Post
    Have a sports ticker somewhere along the case, so you can know your scores without going to ESPN.
    That would be amazing, lol.

I would honestly say that any fiberglassing you can do to make unique parts of the case see-through are always fun. Maybe FG the entire top (while including a fan port) and the entire front - that would give you something most cases don't have. Also, I really enjoy cases that look like something they aren't - I loved the PC built into an original NES case, for example.

Yeah, a sports ticker would be awesome, I'll add that to the proverbial list. I have already put a computer into an old Xbox, that was a lot of fun, but I really want to make a case this time. You know, use my hands and make something to make people go wow, or at least have a good laugh.

Love the fish tank idea (with live fish?) Or maybe make something out of a movie/tv sohw? Such as something TARDISesk

GTX 560 TI stable at 1GhZ
    PCPartPicker Love it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Conshawnery View Post
    Hello fellow MMO-C readers,
    I am fishing for some ideas regarding a new case that I am building. I will be either making it from scratch (fiberglass or aluminum/steel) or I can mod a few old mid towers that I have laying around. Anyways I am looking for some cool ideas to make my case nice and unique, so throw some ideas at me if you'd be so kind. Money isn't really an issue at this point, I have access to a nice workshop so I can get my hands on whatever I need in the tool department, and I am fairly competent when it comes to the actual building. I just need some ideas.

So far the only ones I have been able to think of are:
    -Beer/Soda Tap
    -Mini Fridge
    -Fish Tank (tropical or otherwise heat tolerant)

The only problem is all of those have been done before, and I am looking for something very unique or at least something with some big wow factor.

Well thank you ahead of time for any ideas you can come up with.
    got a pretty cool idea for ya. take this

and build a case around it that will still fit a motherboard but it's a car, the cd drive and hard drive are on the sides as doors etc etc. watercooling radiator for a graphics card on the front or something.

Quote Originally Posted by sizzlinsauce View Post
    got a pretty cool idea for ya. take this and build a case around it that will still fit a motherboard but it's a car, the cd drive and hard drive are on the sides as doors etc etc. watercooling radiator for a graphics card on the front or something.
    Do you have a link for that as a bigger picture? That's a cool idea, I could make the power switch a key'd ignition, and take a radiator from an old scooter I have out back and use it for cooling. Or maybe I can just build a case that looks like a car frame with tires, windshield etc. but I would have to take that to a higher level.

Keep the ideas coming, this is getting my gears turning.

---------- Post added 2011-08-22 at 08:33 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Redfoo View Post
    a Cup holder?
    Yes.

I saw a case years ago someone made that had been built with the entire interior looking like a scene from the movie aliens, marines, aliens, face huggers and all. Pretty cool idea really, might look at something similar to that if theres any movies or genre's you like.

-edit- Double Posted
    Last edited by Conshawnery; 2011-08-23 at 02:49 PM.

I believe I have decided on a design, think classic arcade cabinet (pacman style) with a working arcade screen made from a 10 inch netbook. I'm going to make the case out of aluminum, paint it like a classic pacman arcade game and wire a real arcade style arcade pad to the screen. The computer will be in the back of the cabinet and it will have a few windows looking inside it to show off the components.
    Now I just need some suggestions to add to the "wow factor". There will be a ton of space left over on the inside, so there is still room for improvement if anyone has any ideas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Conshawnery View Post
    Do you have a link for that as a bigger picture? That's a cool idea, I could make the power switch a key'd ignition, and take a radiator from an old scooter I have out back and use it for cooling. Or maybe I can just build a case that looks like a car frame with tires, windshield etc. but I would have to take that to a higher level.
    It's Coolermaster V10 CPU Cooler.
    You could built a post-apocalyptic case, with green watercooling tubes, big fans and some purple or green LEDs.

Steampunk or cyberpunk?