Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Dryads are essentially naked in game too, but that art is really something else. At first I thought it was some weird superhero night elf, then I noticed the legs...

The hand holding is not for you, it does not concern you in any way. Stop complaining about making the game more accessible for new players of the genre. Phew.. Now I have that out of my system.. But seriously though, mount custom? Sounds awesome! I wonder how we can customise them..
    Last edited by Sunshine; 2011-08-23 at 05:15 AM. Reason: caps/size

Deleted
    "Patch 4.4 will bring a world event before the next expansion."Just bring back ZOMBIES

Quote Originally Posted by Katoamaton View Post
    THE HAND HOLDING IS NOT FOR YOU, IT DOES NOT CONCERN YOU IN ANY WAY. STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT MAKING THE GAME MORE ACCESSIBLE FOR NEW PLAYERS OF THE GENRE. Phew.. Now I have that out of my system.. But seriously though, mount custom? Sounds awesome! I wonder how we can customise them..
    Please give him an infraction. We need you out of our system.

---------- Post added 2011-08-23 at 04:54 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lancer View Post
    LOL. The first 30minutes of the game? I think Blizzard at this point should make each character have a "friend" that literally holds your hands and trains your spells AND walks you to your quest objective.
    A friendly NPC that follows you, fights in combat with you, and takes you to your objectives (and to the trainers) are probably going to happen.

I love the flame kitty fanart, except for those pigtails, worst hairstyle ever

I find it kinda odd they chose to say 'smaller than ulduar' rather than picking another raid and saying 'similar to this size.' Or even giving a boss number.

It almost makes me think they're straining to say, "Hey Ulduar, you guys liked Ulduar right? Yeah! This raid will be like Ulduar! See, we reminded you about Ulduar so you could have high hopes for the Deathwing raid! You like nostalgia, right? Ulduar!"

But maybe that's just me being a bit paranoid.

New players are still having trouble with the first 30 minutes and five levels of the game, more hand holding is coming.
    ??!!?? Yes, hold their hands more... for the first 85 levels they should draw a line on the ground that follow quests objectives

An NPC that yells at you in big letters across your screen 'NO NOT THAT WAY YOU GO THIS WAY!!! WATCH WHAT I DO!!"

Quote Originally Posted by JustForThis View Post
    "Patch 4.4 will bring a world event before the next expansion."Just bring back ZOMBIES

It's the hour of twilight everyone die's WoW = over xD
    "We don't need Blizz to nerf the content. We need it to be less terrible." - Totalbiscuit

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    so yeah, that Belf DK in the first pic. my new background.

Quote Originally Posted by littlewisp View Post
    I find it kinda odd they chose to say 'smaller than ulduar' rather than picking another raid and saying 'similar to this size.' Or even giving a boss number.

It almost makes me think they're straining to say, "Hey Ulduar, you guys liked Ulduar right? Yeah! This raid will be like Ulduar! See, we reminded you about Ulduar so you could have high hopes for the Deathwing raid! You like nostalgia, right? Ulduar!"

Nah, I think you're on to something here mate.
    Elementium on Knaak:
    Quote Originally Posted by Elementium View Post
    He's the Micheal bay of books. He sunk his claws into a popular franchise and is pumping out books with very little plot and a whole lot of descriptions of Rhonins hair and awesomeness and because anyone who wants to know the once rich warcraft lore will buy it the same as a Transformers movie because it's something they love and they keep hoping.
    ~The naaru have not forgotten us... BUT CHRIST METZEN HAS!~

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the 4.4 event will be about the Pandaren seeking out Varian and Garrosh for help. We will get our first look at the Pandaren, and we will probably start our venture to the south seas Maybe in a quest we get to control a Pandaren

Well it'll be smaller than Ulduar. But since death wing is so big, it'll be almost as large as Ulduar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JustForThis View Post
    Agree on that,zombies was awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by littlewisp View Post

Well i thought exactly the same when i read it to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Eorayn View Post
    I think the 4.4 event will be about the Pandaren seeking out Varian and Garrosh for help. We will get our first look at the Pandaren, and we will probably start our venture to the south seas Maybe in a quest we get to control a Pandaren
    If at the end Pandarens find their way in WoW, Blizzard will make a small fortune from race change.

I still want a patch that can be compared to the epicness that most (if not all) of the BC patches were. But so far it's looking good, still hope there is more to come and they don't just squeeze out some more content like when they released the new ZA/ZG. :]

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    KoToR isn't a MMO, so I'm going to assume you mean ToR. On that note, we all know how successful both ToR and GW2 are, seeing as how they've already been released to massive acclaim and lasting appeal.
    Neither game has been released yet, nor do they even have a release date for either game.
    Quote Originally Posted by dexter44
    There is no patch for human stupidity
    Orihank is displeased.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RunsreyM View Post
    Any ideas what type of world event?

This multi-phased encounter w/DW would be cool to me if it were multi phased throughout the entire raid. As in defeat a pre-DW boss, have DW show up and go through some type of build up (RP w/interaction of some sort) to an obvious epic final showdown with DW.

I might have to do with alot of Beer and Panda's lol

Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post
    Dude its just for the first few levels...
    Honestly, they need to put in a lot more handholding to help people learn the various nuances of the game.

For instance, a month ago I started leveling a Mage alt. At about level 40, I encountered a hunter in LFG that was wearing half grey items, a white vendor staff, and rolled need on cloth pieces. He/she/it actually passed on the true hunter items that dropped, including a pair of mail shoulders that the hunter DESPERATELY needed. I won the greed roll for it and I forced it onto the hunter and the whole party waited until he equipped them.... and for the rest of the run, we tried to coach the guy on how to gear himself.

That kind of thing is a fluke.... it's rare that people would bother take the time to teach someone how to gear themselves. Maybe 99.5 times out of 100 people would've just votekicked that hunter.

Blizzard desperately needs to put in a class-by-class tutorial for each time you create a new character of a particular class, with an explanation of what kind of gear you want to aim for (with the quests appearing again when you hit level 40). Blizzard also needs to do a pass over the gear available in Outlands to rework dungeon drops and quest rewards to better accommodate for the gearing needs of shaman/druids/cloth DPS.

Bleh. Like they'd read here.
    Quote Originally Posted by dexter44
    There is no patch for human stupidity
    Orihank is displeased.

So I guess this confirms that Blizzard really is trying to kill their game. Sell now while your account is still worth at least retail value of the games!

When they said...

Battle.net account wide achievements are still in the works
    That means it's being created right or am I just tripping?

This also means I have just lvled up a hunter to 85 (Ding this week) and I can now change him to my main and I don't have to /love all those critters again right!!!!????
    Last edited by Kamakiri; 2011-08-23 at 06:42 AM.