Now that Gamescom is over the last few interviews are popping up with a few interesting details. (via Digitalspy, GameInformer, Allvatar, and JudgeHype)
- The new 5 man dungeons will help to introduce the Deathwing Raid.
- The current plan with the Deathwing raid is to have it all available immediately upon release.
- The Deathwing raid will be smaller than Ulduar with many phases or encounters with Deathwing.
- Patch 4.4 will bring a world event before the next expansion.
- The next expansion should be released with a "meaningful difference" in release timeline compared to previous expansions.
Future Changes and Features
- Paid Guild Transfers are still in the works.
- Battle.net account wide achievements are still in the works.
- Armor dyes are unlikely to be included in the game, but mount customization is a possibility.
- Class Quests are unlikely to return due to the amount of time it takes to design and implement them.
- No gold sinks are coming soon because of the large variance in the amount of gold players have.
- A real money Auction House is not planned for WoW.
- RealID LFD grouping was originally going to be paid because of the similarity to Paid Character Transfers, but they decided it was the right thing for the game to offer it for free.
- Cross realm RealID grouping is going to be expanded to cover Battlegrounds as well. Depending on how well that works it could be expanded to raids and rated battlegrounds.
- There has been a drop in gold farming because phishing and hacking accounts is more profitable.
- New players are still having trouble with the first 30 minutes and five levels of the game, more hand holding is coming for very basic concepts like moving, questing, fighting, and looting.
- Blizzard did a lot to save time while getting Cataclysm finished, but ended up happy with the final result.
- The shared 10 and 25 man lockout has had both positive and negative effects, it solved the need to do both every week but removed some extra content that could be done every week. Some changes will be made in the future to make everyone happier with the solution.
Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
Fan Art Update
The Blizzard Fan Art Section has been updated with five new pieces of fan artwork set within the Warcraft universe.
Dark Legacy Comics #302 and Teh Gladiators #264 + #265 are available!