View Poll Results: Starwars or Startrek?

Voters
93. This poll is closed
  • Starwars

74 79.57%
  • Startrek

19 20.43%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Star Wars. I prefer the Original Trilogy much more then the prequels. The only redeeming factors of the prequel trilogy for me are Duel of the Fates and Darth Maul. I have tried watching Star Trek, but I stopped 5 minutes in. I also have an extremely high quality Darth Vader outfit, which I wore to a sci-fi con last year. I love Star Wars to death. I guess Star Wars has a much larger amount of lore, and that's what has me interested. All in all, Star Wars will NEVER die out, because it is awesome. In my view, it is better then Star Trek, but others might differ in opinion.

15+ Year Old Account
    Star Wars original trilogy>Star Trek the Original Series> Star Trek Next Gen>Star Trek newest movie> Clone Wars show> Star Wars prequels> Every other Star Trek movie

Tough call. Just by sheer media out there, I've easily watched more hours of Star Trek, than Star Wars, though I regard both as very good. Both had an impact on society, though Star Wars catch phrases are so well remembered compared to Star Trek lines.

The Star Wars genre has better games in it though, to me.

Furthermore, I think Star Trek died with Gene Roddenbery (GR) - the last half of season 7 of ST:TNG without GR was noticeably different for instance. Other spinoff series didn't have the same magic that GR carried with him in his shows.

Star wars all the way (bar no.1 and 2), most of my close mates are huge trekkies but even trying I could never get into it although I did enjoy Next Gen quite a bit.

15+ Year Old Account
    Where the bad salad is kept crisp on ice.
    i grew up with star wars, startrek seemed like the either more nerdy or more "its a thing for your parents."

for starwars, all u had to do was watch 3-4 movies (im talking the original three and then phantom menace because its what sparked mine, and probably a good deal of everyone else at my young age's interest).

for star trek, ud have to watch dozens of tv episodes and what i could guess was a few movies to get all the lore you could care about.

i still havent gotten to watching the star trek tv series, and keeping that in mind, i was unimpressed with the new movie from a few years ago
    Quote Originally Posted by pucGG View Post
    He's riding to work, he's not escaping from a star destroyer

Deleted
    Starwars ofc

15+ Year Old Account
    In terms of movies, Star Wars. In terms of TV shows, Star Trek. Although, I really like Star Wars The Clone Wars, it can't match the awesomeness of Star Trek Voyager.

The showdown in Star Wars Waylander linked is not the best showdown. The fight between Yoda and Darth Sidius and between Anakin and Kenobi are far better.
    Statix will suffice.

Star Wars was waaaay to much fantasy for a real sci-fi franchise for me. But I enjoyed the first 3 movies nonetheless. The newer 3 are sadly a little bit more... standart action movie.
    Similar thing with Star Trek. I loved The Original Series and The Next Generation. Deep Space Nine not so much. Voyager had some nice episodes.
    But I was not a big fan of the new Enterprise series, they retconed or ignored much of the old lore and all was so... I don't know I just hated it.
    Same with the last movie. Awful!
    You could add Battlestar Galactica to this list if you want. It's a trend, sci-fi is just about rattattatam and laser canon fights nowadays, there is no real story.

But for the poll, I voted Star Trek. There is just so much more to love. =<
    The advantage of the dreamer is that he never has to face the chains of reality.
    Blackhand[EU] - Mistral

Deleted
    Also: Star Wars has Ewoks. Win.

10+ Year Old Account
    Star Wars ALL the way man

Star Trek original is SO shit, Next Generation was just about okay, all the rest where aweful.

compare that to Star Wars, where the original trilogy is GOD TIER awesome, the new trilogy is pretty shit, but still decent popcorn movies and the expanded universe is a bit of a mixed bag (you've got good shit like Thrawn, and then bad shit like Jedi Academy trilogy)
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

all things starwars and the new star trek movie

Deleted
    Star trek is for freaks !

I grew up with both but my vote goes to star wars.

Star Wars has lightsabers and Darth Vader... I love Star Trek but damn...

10+ Year Old Account
    It's funny, this same question was asked on another board I frequent (not WoW related) and it was totally the other way, very much favored Trek. Wonder why that is. Older crowd there maybe.

I like both, but overall Star Trek wins because the TV shows are just so good. I really miss them

Star Trek has good stuff. I prefer the episodes that have longer story arcs, like Cardassians and Romulan mischief.

But I am a Star Wars nerd, through and through.

I love how the vast majority of votes goes to starwars. In the back of my mind I have always wondered what it would have been like if they had done a starwars TV show.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    You can't really compare a (very)long standing TV serie to a collection of movies.

Both are amazing in their own regards, but very also different.

Deleted
    I like Star Trek more, and I'm not that old =p (24)