NFL 2011 Season Predictions

We've finished the second week of preseason. Almost all of the offseason moves have been made and now we all await the 53 man roster cutdowns, along with the mixing and matching frenzy that happens the week before the season starts.

In the meantime, I'd like to share my picks for 2011. I set up Excel and it seems as if they all equal the 256 W and 256 L for the entire NFL season. These predictions are based on my personal feelings on how the teams will perform and are subject to be off, by a lot.

AFC East:
    Bills (5-11)
    Dolphins (7-9)
    Jets (11-5)
    Patriots (12-4)

AFC North:
    Bengals (3-13)
    Browns (6-10)
    Ravens (11-5)
    Steelers (12-4)

AFC South:
    Colts (11-5)
    Jaguars (7-9)
    Texans (8-8)
    Titans (7-9)

AFC West:
    Broncos (4-12)
    Chargers (10-6)
    Chiefs (8-8)
    Raiders (5-11)

NFC East:
    Cowboys (8-8)
    Eagles (12-4)
    Giants (9-7)
    Redskins (3-13)

NFC North:
    Bears (9-7)
    Lions (7-9)
    Packers (12-4)
    Vikings (7-9)

NFC South:
    Buccaneers (9-7)
    Carolina (3-13)
    Falcons (12-4)
    Saints (10-6)

NFC West:
    49ers (5-11)
    Cardinals (8-8)
    Rams (9-7)
    Seahawks (6-10)

BTW in case you were wondering, Jets fan here.

What do you think? Do you agree with these picks? Disagree? Why? What teams do you think will pull a surprise and make the playoffs, and what team do you think will let down?

I would change one thing, Jets (0 -16) that is all.

The panthers will most def win more than 3 games. I don't think the jets will hit 11 wins. No way. Long time Bills fan. Deciding on where to move my loyalty to though. I've had it with them. The high ups in that club have proven to me they all are riddled with retardation. Moving to a new team Asap. Don't know how to choose though. I've never had to do this kind of thing before. lol

10+ Year Old Account
    In a bar. Somewhere that carries Khalua, cream and Vodka
    Browns for SuperBowl champs?

I do live in a fantasy world
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    anyone want doughnuts? i hear there is a great shop in Vancouver

Quote Originally Posted by Idrinkwhiterussians View Post
    Browns for SuperBowl champs?

I do live in a fantasy world
    Ive lived in cleveland all my life and IT IS NOT A FANTASY WORLD COLT MCCOY IS OUR SAVIOR

NFC East:
    As a Cowboy fan, I think we're better then 500. I don't think the Giants are. So I'd probably switch the record on those two. It pains me to say it, but I do think it's Philly's division to lose. But I think once the defense starts to click with Rob Ryan's schemes, I think we could surprise a few teams.

NFC North:
    The Packers worry me. But they'll probably win 10 or 11 games and win the division. That's such a weird division. It could be very good, or it could be really bad. And I think the Vikings are better then 7-9. If McNabb can be productive again, they could easily be 9-7 or a 10 win team. Detroit could be a surprise wild card team. If Stafford stays healthy anyway.

NFC South:
    The South I really disagree with. I have a feeling both wild cards could come out of here. But I think Tampa is better the New Orleans . I've never really been a huge NO or Brees(Mr. I was one bad game from being benched in SD for Philip Rivers and my career being dead) believer. I definitely think ATL wins the division. Carolina is going to suck. Again.

NFC Junior Varsity:
    I hate this division. Waste of Playoff spot. ARZ could surprise but I doubt it. Niners are probably going to struggle, regardless of the amount of talent they really do have(The day they get a QB, this is a playoff team). Rams are probably the least bad team, so I'd say they'll win. If the preseason is any indication, Tavaris Jackson is going to struggle and Seattle is in for a long season.

AFC East:
    Pats and Jets. All I can say. Miami could be a sleeper, but not a playoff team. Assuming Henne plays like a half decent QB(Which may be asking too much). And Buffalo is playing for Andrew Luck next year.

AFC North:
    Browns will finish above 500. Mark my words. But it's still Baltimore and Pittsburgh's division. The Bengals don't qualify for an NFL team.

AFC South:
    I don't know what to do with the South. If Peyton plays, they win 10 games. If he has to miss games, they could be much worse. Without him, they don't have a great team. Texans finally make the playoffs and might just win the division. Titans will be awful. Jacksonville will probably finish around 500.

AFC West:
    Weird division. Charger's division. Hopefully they finally play the entire season instead of waiting until mid October to start trying. KC doesn't get lucky and make the playoffs again. In fact I'd pick the Raiders to finish ahead of them. I honestly don't know what to expect from Denver. Maybe 6 wins? Maybe 8? Maybe 3.

Deleted
    I hope Both Ryan's have a shitty year. Cowboys in particular.
    Im a die hard Eagles fan, but i dont believe in the Super Bowl this year, even with all the new additions. The shortened camps due to the lockout, has all players a bit behind on everything atm. So the more new players u got, the more work has to be done thru the first few season games.
    Next year is gonna be a SB year for the Eagles.

Jets need 0-16.

You have the Bengals winning FAR too many games, my friend.

Preseason is so awful it is hard to make a real prediction. Thinking Pats going all the way, Eagles will shape up hopefully. Minnesota NFC champions.
    Yes you are still the worst moderator on these forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post
    So unless you have a source besides your rectum, we'd appreciate if you didn't spread misinformation

Quote Originally Posted by Weedow View Post
    I hope Both Ryan's have a shitty year. Cowboys in particular.
    Im a die hard Eagles fan, but i dont believe in the Super Bowl this year, even with all the new additions. The shortened camps due to the lockout, has all players a bit behind on everything atm. So the more new players u got, the more work has to be done thru the first few season games.
    Next year is gonna be a SB year for the Eagles.

Jets need 0-16.
    Yeah they made some nice additions but they need to add depth. They are 2-3 injuries to key players from having a horrible year cuz of their lack of depth. So if they can add it before next season then yeah I can see them going all the way. As for this year, I'd have to say the Saints. They have depth at every position and they had the almost the whole roster working together during the lockout. No other team had more players then them working out together, so I think that that will help them out.

I'd put the Packers at 16-0, like I predict every year
    Quote Originally Posted by kasath
    is anyone in this group under 18? my parole officer says I'm not allowed to play wow with anyone under 18

10+ Year Old Account
    The giants are really hurting in secondary. 4 of their 6 backfield are out with injuries. Teams should be able to throw the ball on them all day and if the linebacker core is playing back, runnig the ball should be easier. I see the Giants as a 500 team, I dont know about the cowboys, but the Skins could very well be a 9-7 team this year.

I see it a tad differently. I see a lot of divisions being a closer race this year than any of recent past. This and I am a Steelers fan.

AFC East:
    Bills (5-11)
    Dolphins (7-9)
    Jets (11-5) Wild Card 6
    Patriots (11-5) Div Champs

AFC North:
    Bengals (3-13)
    Browns (5-11)
    Ravens (12-4) div champs
    Steelers (12-4) Wild Card 5

AFC South:
    Colts (9-7)
    Jaguars (7-9)
    Texans (9-7) div champs
    Titans (7-9)

AFC West:
    Broncos (4-12)
    Chargers (10-6) div champs
    Chiefs (8-8)
    Raiders (5-11)

NFC East:
    Cowboys (8-8)
    Eagles (10-6)
    Giants (10-6) div champs
    Redskins (5-11)

NFC North:
    Bears (7-9)
    Lions (10-6) Wild Card 5
    Packers (12-4) Div Champ
    Vikings (7-9)

NFC South:
    Buccaneers (9-7)
    Carolina (5-11)
    Falcons (10-6) Wild Card 6
    Saints (10-6) Div Champs

NFC West:
    49ers (7-9)
    Cardinals (8-8)
    Rams (9-7) Div Champs
    Seahawks (9-7)

Not going to pick records for teams, but I would imagine it would shake out something along the lines of...

AFC North: Steelers
    AFC East: Pats
    AFC South: Texans (wut?!, yeah w/ Peyton coming injured I think they get a leg up in the division)
    AFC West: Chargers
    Wildcard 1: Baltimore
    Wildcard 2: JETS

NFC North: Packers
    NFC East: Eagles
    NFC South: Falcons
    NFC West: Rams
    Wildcard 1: Saints
    Wildcard 2: Tossup b/w Bears/Cowboys/Detroit

This is without analyzing schedules and just looking at the perceived strengths and weaknesses of the teams. I expect KC to regress with a much harder schedule, same with Tampa. If Stafford can stay healthy and with that DL Detroit could make a push. The Texans call is more optimistic than anything. Seems that division might be pretty weak and it could be a tossup b/w Texans and Colts but with neither having a strong enough record for a wildcard. As far as NFC goes, I don't expect much out of the divisions outside of North and South. Giants could've been strong but are now on their 4th secondary injury and issues with umenyiura?

I appreciate all the responses (minus the LOL 0-16 Jets ones) and feedback. My only request is that if you are going to change the records around, please be careful and ensure the total wins and losses for the NFL are equal (I believe it's 256 each).

I didn't analyze schedules when making these predictions, nor did I factor in potential upsets (which always happen).

10+ Year Old Account
    I am not sure about any other division than the AFCN for how everyone in there will do, but I see the Steelers getting the Division, and Baltimore as the #5 Wild Card seed, the only way that will switch is if by some miracle the Ravens O-line becomes a good unit as a whole. Bengals: They won't win more than 4 games, tops. I can see the Browns going .500, which will please many Cleaveland fans, but they are still at least one year away from the playoffs.

AFCE: The Jets, as with most people, I want to see them fail, but not as much as New England. I'll take Rex Ryan's bombastic ways over Belicheat. I see them being
    the #6 Wild Card, with NE winning the Division. New England gets cremated in the playoffs by the #5 seed Baltimore.

AFCW: San Diego pulls it together and wins the division in a landslide.

AFCS: Texans and the Jags duke it out for the leadership of a divison without Peyton Manning leading the Colts. That could go either way.

NFCN: Green Bay wins the division, with Da Bears and Detroit battling it out for second, Jay Cutler decides to walk off the feild due to being hit too many times by the Detroit Lion's Dline - Lions proceed with a Wild Card slot.

NFCE: Michael Vick turned out to be a pushover, as usual, and the dream team fell apart due to it: Dallas takes the division over an injury riddled New York Giants.

NFCW: DEAR GOD! THE HORROR!!! The Rams take the divison.

NFCS: New Orleans takes the division over the Atlanta Falcons, who earn the #5 wild Card seed. The Buccaneers wound up doing poorly with the more difficult schedule.

This post was made by a Ravens fan.
    VanCleef wants you! Join the Defias Brotherhood and hang out on a yacht all day!

I won't guess records, just who's going to make the playoffs.

Patriots
    Jets
    Colts
    Ravens
    Steelers
    Broncos

Eagles
    Packers
    Lions
    Saints
    Falcons
    Seahawks
    Last edited by muto; 2011-08-25 at 04:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    I won't guess records, just who's going to make the playoffs.

Patriots
    Jets
    Colts
    Ravens
    Steelers
    Broncos

Eagles
    Packers
    Lions
    Saints
    Falcons
    Seahawks

i might have to hug ya ssaying the broncos make the playoffs
    but i don't think they do better then 6 win
    I was the Rainbow Das at one time.

Quote Originally Posted by DasHuntard View Post
    i might have to hug ya ssaying the broncos make the playoffs
    but i don't think they do better then 6 win
    Chargers are unpredictable and usually always choke
    Chiefs aren't that great
    Raiders suck
    Broncos are getting better,

AFC East:
    Bills (7-9)
    Dolphins (5-11)
    Jets (9-7)
    Patriots (11-5)

AFC North:
    Bengals (3-13)
    Browns (8-8)
    Ravens (10-6)
    Steelers (9-7)

AFC South:
    Colts (8-8)
    Jaguars (4-12)
    Texans (11-5)
    Titans (5-11)

AFC West:
    Broncos (9-7)
    Chargers (10-6)
    Chiefs (4-12)
    Raiders (8-8)

NFC East:
    Cowboys (10-6)
    Eagles (6-19)
    Giants (8-8)
    Redskins (9-7)

NFC North:
    Bears (8-8)
    Lions (9-7) (if stafford stays healthy they could easily go 11-5)
    Packers (13-3)
    Vikings (7-9)

NFC South:
    Buccaneers (11-4)
    Carolina (4-12)
    Falcons (8-8)
    Saints (10-6)

NFC West:
    49ers (5-11)
    Cardinals (7-9)
    Rams (10-6)
    Seahawks (4-12)