Deleted

Clcret - Default Rotation Question/ Theory

Hello,

I've been wondering for a while: is the default rotation from the clcret addon still valid?

Default rotation from clcret:
    inqa inqrhp tvhp cs inqrdp tvdp exoud how exo j hw cons

In comparison to the Elitist Jerks rotation the clcret version looks kind of wrong to me.
    "The Ret paladin "rotation" shares something with Wrath - it is priority based. The priority for single-target is one of the following:
    Inq > CS > HoW > Exo > TV > J > HW > Cons"

So if i understand things right the rotation from clcret is slightly wrong due to wrong priorites (for example tv before exo) and should actually be manually changed to something like this:

inqa inqrhp inqrdp cs how exoud exo tvhp tvdp j hw cons

Or am I completely mistaken here?

-----
    Legend for clcret commands:
    cons - consecration
    cs - crusader strike
    exo - exorcism
    exoud - exorcism with guaranteed crit
    how - hammer of wrath
    hw - holy wrath
    inqa - apply inquisition
    inqahp - apply inquisition at x HP
    inqadp - apply inquisition at DP
    inqr - refresh inquisition
    inqrdp - refresh inquisition at DP
    inqrhp - refresh inqusition at x HP
    j - judgement
    tv - templars verdict
    tvdp - templars verdicht at DP
    tvhp - templars verdict at 3 HP

Deleted
    I think you want to use tvhp before cs because otherwise it would be a loss of holy power

Default rotation in clcret is only there so that people have an idea how to fill in that field.

10+ Year Old Account
    Real rets dont need that shit.
    I'm a reverse solipsist. I know the rest of the universe is real, I just don't have any conclusive proof that I exist.

Deleted
    ClCret is mostly helping new retributions for learning the basick "rotation".

Deleted
    So you basically do agree with me that the rotation in there isn't what we should be going for?

Basically I'm trying to maximise my output while using clcret. I wouldn't say it's only a tool for new rets at all. In fact I've been playing ret since TBC (without addons like this) and only recently tried it out. I think it's quite helpful, simplifies things and lets you focus more on what's going on around you. I'd like to keep using it and just thought I'd post this here cause I never saw anyone "complaining" about the default setup from clcret
    Last edited by mmocf207d2f12c; 2011-08-23 at 12:26 PM.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Rotation : inqa inqrhp cs inqrdp tvdp exoud exo how tvhp j hw cons

10 Commandments of CLC (Ret/Info)

1.) Inquisition comes before all.
    2.) Cs is our go-to ability to grant us holy power, without it we couldnt proc/use the "fun" abilities.
    3.) If rng/luck favors us, we use TVdp otherwise refresh inquisition if it's falling off
    4.) Exo is scaling well. If the mob is undead we want it to prioritize Exo>How, if not we still want to use exo first. (Exoud / Exo)
    5.) Normal exo we want to keep spent (used) so we can potentially get another Art of War proc.
    6.) If we have no exo's then throwing hammers is the next thing we want to do (HoW during Avenging Wrath / mob sub 20% health)
    7.) Tv with 3 holy power is behind these 6 steps because it's not a rush to hit the button. If none of the above is true then it's time for TV to shine.
    8.) Judgement, still grants us mana back and the raid replenishment and sometimes hits for what it should, majority of the time not but we have to use it.
    9.) Holy Wrath... While situationally useful for adds on varying fights it's just something we press when we're out of fun abilities
    10.) Consecration.... The most punishing ability mana-wise we have with the least return. Some people don't even use this ability to let you know how "useful" it is now.

Im not a great player, but I'm far from bad and I always see mass confusion about abilities and rotations. Everyone always asks "Why this before this, why does that go there" and this should alleviate those questions.

Armory : Fear@Cho'Gall UI Screen : Elv UI Wow Progress : Vindictive
    Cpu : Intel I7-2600k Mem : 16gb Corsair Vengeance Psu : Corsair HX1050 Gfx : EVGA GTX 770

Deleted
    1-> clcret is a guideline to help a new to ret learn a basic rotation isntead of it being all guesswork.
    2-> clcret doesn't know your current gear levels or that How is actualy going to do less damg than a 3hptv(due to high mastery)
    3-> clcret is a teaching tool not a "i must use this at all levels of ret"
    4-> most people "outgrow" clcret when they see in a fight that they would rather have done A when clc said to do B
    5-> clc doesn't know that in 5 seconds your going to be out of melle range and that it would be beter to cast consecration now and judge in the next gap instead of the other way round

there are more minor things but they are play style based and les important.

clcret teaches you the basics it#'s the not best an never will be.

Another CLCret thread degraded down to "Hurr, clcret is for n00bs".

The final word is clcret will improve your dps and should increase your situational awareness, no buts or ifs about it.

As to the rotation, grab the spreadsheet from EJ by Exemplar and check which priority works best for your gear levels.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Quote Originally Posted by XenuMC View Post
    Real rets dont need that shit.
    love to see your dps rankings on world of logs.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    ClcRet/Info

It's not the be all, end all but it does help. It's good because it centers your focal point in raid so you can see your priority as opposed to having to look all the way at the bottom of your screen. I'll never get why people say "you'll outgrow it" "at some point you wont need it". If the reasoning behind things like that is you don't need it, then we would all be running around with a stock ui with no addons. Are addons necessary? Probably not. Do they make it so you can do more dmg, avoid a dangerous fight mechanic, or give you a heads up about something in the raid, yes. Good players don't scoff at something that can make them better, nor are players bad because they don't use clcinfo. It's 100% an optional addon so using it or not using it doesn't make you right or wrong.

Consecration is dead last on my priority, and I make clcinfo only suggest it if I have near max mana. Using the most mana punishing ability or worrying about using it is kind of weird. If you need to get to a boss then you use judgement. Clc doesn't need to tell you that. Depending on the fight I don't even use consecrate, and prioritize Holy Radiance for when it's a fight where people are stacked. Clcinfo doesn't tell me to help my healers but they appreciate it over the course of a fight.

Here is a screenshot of my Pro's and Con's of Clcinfo : http://i.imgur.com/3oGUC.jpg
    I whited out my raid frames, my chat, and a few addons with peoples' names in them. It's nothing crazy, it's just Elv UI.
    Last edited by fears; 2011-08-23 at 06:16 PM.

Cpu : Intel I7-2600k Mem : 16gb Corsair Vengeance Psu : Corsair HX1050 Gfx : EVGA GTX 770

Quote Originally Posted by fears View Post
    Rotation : inqa inqrhp cs inqrdp tvdp exoud exo how tvhp j hw cons

10 Commandments of CLC (Ret/Info)

1.) Inquisition comes before all.
    2.) Cs is our go-to ability to grant us holy power, without it we couldnt proc/use the "fun" abilities.
    3.) If rng/luck favors us, we use TVdp otherwise refresh inquisition if it's falling off
    4.) Exo is scaling well. If the mob is undead we want it to prioritize Exo>How, if not we still want to use exo first. (Exoud / Exo)
    5.) Normal exo we want to keep spent (used) so we can potentially get another Art of War proc.
    6.) If we have no exo's then throwing hammers is the next thing we want to do (HoW during Avenging Wrath / mob sub 20% health)
    7.) Tv with 3 holy power is behind these 6 steps because it's not a rush to hit the button. If none of the above is true then it's time for TV to shine.
    8.) Judgement, still grants us mana back and the raid replenishment and sometimes hits for what it should, majority of the time not but we have to use it.
    9.) Holy Wrath... While situationally useful for adds on varying fights it's just something we press when we're out of fun abilities
    10.) Consecration.... The most punishing ability mana-wise we have with the least return. Some people don't even use this ability to let you know how "useful" it is now.

Im not a great player, but I'm far from bad and I always see mass confusion about abilities and rotations. Everyone always asks "Why this before this, why does that go there" and this should alleviate those questions.
    Why would you use Templar's Verdict with 3 Holy Power after you use a Crusader Strike at 3 Holy Power? That just makes the rotation feel worse and loses you out of a good Charge of Holy Power. You should always use Templar's Verdict at 3 Holy Power before using another Crusader Strike.

Once you've learned the rotation CLCret really just keeps track of holy power and Inquisition. It's a better looking powerauras and nothing more.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    Why would you use Templar's Verdict with 3 Holy Power after you use a Crusader Strike at 3 Holy Power? That just makes the rotation feel worse and loses you out of a good Charge of Holy Power. You should always use Templar's Verdict at 3 Holy Power before using another Crusader Strike.
    You know Clcinfo/Clcret is a priority based ability queue right? Meaning if the criteria for a TV is there then that is suggested. Whether you want to admit it or not TV takes a backseat to 2 of abilities namely Inquisition, and Crusader Strike. I don't cs on 3hp, Clcinfo doesn't suggest a Cs when I can TV. It's a TV. Before you assume something input my rotation into your clcinfo and see if it suggests a CS when you have 3hp.

Judging by your lack of knowledge of using spreadsheets, reforging and simcraft, from http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...2-Stat-weights I'm just going to ask that you trust that I wouldn't post anything here that would be detrimental to anyones dps.
    Last edited by fears; 2011-08-24 at 07:42 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Universe View Post
    Hello,

I've been wondering for a while: is the default rotation from the clcret addon still valid?

Default rotation from clcret:
    inqa inqrhp tvhp cs inqrdp tvdp exoud how exo j hw cons

In comparison to the Elitist Jerks rotation the clcret version looks kind of wrong to me.
    "The Ret paladin "rotation" shares something with Wrath - it is priority based. The priority for single-target is one of the following:
    Inq > CS > HoW > Exo > TV > J > HW > Cons"

So if i understand things right the rotation from clcret is slightly wrong due to wrong priorites (for example tv before exo) and should actually be manually changed to something like this:

inqa inqrhp inqrdp cs how exoud exo tvhp tvdp j hw cons

Or am I completely mistaken here?

-----
    Legend for clcret commands:
    cons - consecration
    cs - crusader strike
    exo - exorcism
    exoud - exorcism with guaranteed crit
    how - hammer of wrath
    hw - holy wrath
    inqa - apply inquisition
    inqahp - apply inquisition at x HP
    inqadp - apply inquisition at DP
    inqr - refresh inquisition
    inqrdp - refresh inquisition at DP
    inqrhp - refresh inqusition at x HP
    j - judgement
    tv - templars verdict
    tvdp - templars verdicht at DP
    tvhp - templars verdict at 3 HP
    inqa inqrhp cs inqrdp tvdp exoud exo tvhp how j hw

That is the correct priority/rotation under T11/T12 gear.
    Last edited by Requital; 2011-08-24 at 08:06 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Requital View Post
    inqa inqrhp cs inqrdp tvdp exoud exo tvhp how j hw

That is the correct priority/rotation under T11/T12 gear.
    This post wins!