Page 1 of 3
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #1

    Sub rogue in world content

    So i am trying to get into sub since its apparently better and stuff than everything else.

    I get the gist of the spec. Big time opener. no cd pew pew pew. CD PEW PEW with DfA combo and back to regular pew pew til next combo. (this sorta made sense in my brain. hope it did for you aswell) basically huge opener into dfa combo. Then slow til next dfa combo.

    But how do you play it in world content, doing world quests and such ? blow your cds on one mob and you are stuck with backstab on the next. Am i missing something here ?

  2. #2
    All Rogue speccs play a little slow in world content. They always have. I'm not sure what the state of Sub is at the moment (I haven't played Sub since fucking WotLK at this point, oink oink), but in my experience it was always the slowest of the three speccs for questing. I don't think that's really changed.

    A lot of Rogue gameplay in general is just waiting around like a dumbass for energy/CDs, it's just so much more crucially noticeable when you're soloing quest content that you don't outgear and stuff.

  3. #3
    Shadow Dance -> Shuriken Storm -> Eviscerate each target

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Cazz17 View Post
    Shadow Dance -> Shuriken Storm -> Eviscerate each target
    But what if targets are few and far apart ?

  5. #5
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    90
    go MfD for questing

  6. #6
    Marked for Death is just better for world content and will make everything go faster for your rogue.

  7. #7
    Scarab Lord Phookah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Zebes, SR-21
    Posts
    4,405
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Marked for Death is just better for world content and will make everything go faster for your rogue.
    This, a hundred times. The ability to gain 5-6 cp's for free every single mob with no CD time (assuming you killed your mark target) is insanely strong.

  8. #8
    I know not everyone has the same luck with legendarys, but if you ever get your hands on the Shoulders, 95% of World content turns into a joke. Doesn't matter what talents you use or what spec you play, these shoulders just allow you to obliterate most mobs in the world within 2 seconds.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    All Rogue speccs play a little slow in world content. They always have. I'm not sure what the state of Sub is at the moment (I haven't played Sub since fucking WotLK at this point, oink oink), but in my experience it was always the slowest of the three speccs for questing. I don't think that's really changed.

    A lot of Rogue gameplay in general is just waiting around like a dumbass for energy/CDs, it's just so much more crucially noticeable when you're soloing quest content that you don't outgear and stuff.
    assa is slower than sub atm, sub can one shot alot of bullshit in open world.

  10. #10
    Stood in the Fire Shadoxious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    350
    Quote Originally Posted by Varolyn View Post
    I know not everyone has the same luck with legendarys, but if you ever get your hands on the Shoulders, 95% of World content turns into a joke. Doesn't matter what talents you use or what spec you play, these shoulders just allow you to obliterate most mobs in the world within 2 seconds.
    Theres a follower with the same effect as the shoulders, cant remember which one, but yeah with that effect shadowstrike just one shots most mobs.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Stabbywabby View Post
    Theres a follower with the same effect as the shoulders, cant remember which one, but yeah with that effect shadowstrike just one shots most mobs.
    Unless they are elites, aka important. So far, nothing has beat Jorach Ravenholdt as a follower.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    not quite Batman
    winning
    "A stick is a love letter that hasn't been made into paper yet."
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Iettlopp View Post
    assa is slower than sub atm, sub can one shot alot of bullshit in open world.
    Assassination one-shots stuff, too, especially with legendaries. I'd assume Sub is better burst, but I can't see their non-CDs outsustaining Mutilate and DoT upkeep.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    Assassination one-shots stuff, too, especially with legendaries. I'd assume Sub is better burst, but I can't see their non-CDs outsustaining Mutilate and DoT upkeep.
    yeah ofc with legendaries esp shoulders. dunno it feels like shit melt faster as sub.

  14. #14
    I mean are we talking elites or normal mobs? With shoulders, Outlaw can mark for death from stealth and open with critical between the eyes which kills most mobs.

  15. #15
    Stood in the Fire Raakel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    North
    Posts
    390
    I like Assa + MfD for its constant damage especially against 3+ mobs but I also switch to Sub from time to time for some nice one shots. It's not that hard to maintain both specs...

  16. #16
    In world content sub outperforms the other two specs.
    Play mfd, supterfuge and enveloping shadows. With mfd eviscerate you one shot mobs and es lets you use dance when ever you like.
    Sub is also not cd limited because all your cds are selfbuffs and not on target.
    When you play worldpvp, noone will beat you 1vs1 or even 1vs2, even 3 enemys can work with a little bit cc.
    I never got killed by an assa/outlaw rogue in wpvp since legion prepatch.
    Dying could endanger your health!

  17. #17
    The Lightbringer Razorice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Over there --->
    Posts
    3,421
    Shadow Dance -> 6 Combo -> Eviscerate -> Marked for Death -> Eviscerate = Dead mobs, even on Argus.

  18. #18
    blow all ur cds into a rare then watch it reset after vanish

    #subrogueinworldcontent
    7 stages of silent majority: 1 It's only alpha 2 Your class just feels nerfed 3 It's only beta 4 They've been doing this for years 5 It'll be patched if its broken 6 Noone could see that one coming 7 It didn't even happen 8 It's only alpha...

  19. #19
    My favourite thing in WQs on any char is: doing PVP WQs, as Assassination, with FOK Honor talent, shoulders and Cloak

    Very strong and fun!

  20. #20
    All rogue specs are amazing in world content. Normal mobs are 1-2 shottable. Needing to dump cooldowns to down regular quest trash is like a problem from early MoP or something...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •