Page 1 of 3
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #1

    Rogue WoD PVE Races?

    I was just wondering if there was any discussion as to the best WoD race for both alliance and horde come WoD?
    I know in MOP it was Panada/Troll. Anybody sim the racial gains on rogues?

  2. #2
    I'm guessing it'll either be Troll because you can game Berserk to be slightly overtuned, or whichever one has the secondary stat of your choice.

    We'll be talking fractions of 1% though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

  3. #3
    I am Murloc! Thelxi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    5,414
    Blood elf because hair.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Blood elf because hair.
    Only in the age of aquarius.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    not quite Batman

  5. #5
    Herald of the Titans Nalira's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Hamburg
    Posts
    2,776
    Thank you BSOD. Maths again...

    How much haste does the Troll Berserk give?

    Because if the foodbuff stays as it is and the Pandaren still get double. They are a very good contestant! I am going full Mastery on beta right now and I have 1672 Mastery without any buffs. The Shattrath cauldron gives 150 Mastery so 300 for Pandaren.
    This would be ~9% Mastery just because of the Pandaren racial. That's a lot. And you can choose your stat because you can choose your food. If that isn't amazing!

  6. #6
    Im prob gonna be a panda for leveling at least for that rested xp, but once i get to 100 god knows probably an Orc again. Might try being a troll havent been one of those before, how does the xmog look on them?

  7. #7
    Since all three specs are probably going to like different stats panda is probably best for sheer versatility (the concept not the stat). Also since none of the racials give mastery or multistrike panda looks pretty good there too. In general I expect all the racials to end up pretty close probably within ~1% of each other, the net bonuses are small and if Blizzard gets their stat tuning close to their target 1% crit vs. 1% haste shouldn't be a big deal.

    The other thing to consider is that since all races now have a dps racial it may make sense to pick a race based on its utility racial and in that catagory humans with a pvp trinket or dwarfs with a debuff purge look very promising.
    Fierydemise
    The Horsemen-US 25 (25 man). 9 Hours per Week.
    Rogue Chat-Blogging about Rogue PvE and Theorycrafting (Twitter)

  8. #8
    Herald of the Titans Nalira's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Hamburg
    Posts
    2,776
    Quote Originally Posted by fierydemise View Post
    Since all three specs are probably going to like different stats panda is probably best for sheer versatility (the concept not the stat). Also since none of the racials give mastery or multistrike panda looks pretty good there too. In general I expect all the racials to end up pretty close probably within ~1% of each other, the net bonuses are small and if Blizzard gets their stat tuning close to their target 1% crit vs. 1% haste shouldn't be a big deal.

    The other thing to consider is that since all races now have a dps racial it may make sense to pick a race based on its utility racial and in that catagory humans with a pvp trinket or dwarfs with a debuff purge look very promising.
    And Blood Elves with an extra interrupt! *hope intensifies*

  9. #9
    Pshaw, i never chose troll for the racial, back in classic it was not even good, but for the looks!
    Nothing beats a troll at looking good!
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    not quite Batman

  10. #10
    If I could go back Dwarf.. or human.. IT'S ON!

  11. #11
    Honestly, there's not really going to be a race that's a head above the others like there has been the past two expansions with Trolls, Pandaren, and Worgen. All the races are currently simulating within about 50 dps of one another. That's a 0.2% difference, at best, when you're dealing ~22.5k at the star of an xpac. If the differences were 1% or greater, min-maxing racials would be more important. Utility racials will probably be larger determiners than dps racials, if anything.

    This is coming from a hardcore raider, play whatever race you like Warlords, because pretty much all the races will be on par with one another, now.

  12. #12
    Herald of the Titans Nalira's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Hamburg
    Posts
    2,776
    Well I guess it's not Blood Elves than...

  13. #13
    Here are all the racials: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/11913971864

    They are all pretty much the same now in terms of output.

    Humans have trinket racial which is nice for PVP and some PVE mechanics, and Dwarf seems really overpowered in both PVE and PVP in terms of self dispelling almost any debuffs (I would seriously consider race changing for this). Troll may go ahead slightly in damage if you use with cds/trinkets, although the overall difference will be negligible.

    But otherwise they are all more or less 1% damage increase.

  14. #14
    High Overlord Rioriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Brighton, UK
    Posts
    127
    The one you like the look of

  15. #15
    Sounds like my dream of being a Gnome may come true

  16. #16
    On beta are the racial bonuses roughly even with each other? I don't know exactly who would have the desire to have 7 rogues on Beta just to test this but surely someone has noticed if one race is outperforming all others.

  17. #17
    Legendary! Ryme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    In a field, somewhere
    Posts
    6,242
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalira View Post
    Thank you BSOD. Maths again...

    How much haste does the Troll Berserk give?

    Because if the foodbuff stays as it is and the Pandaren still get double. They are a very good contestant! I am going full Mastery on beta right now and I have 1672 Mastery without any buffs. The Shattrath cauldron gives 150 Mastery so 300 for Pandaren.
    This would be ~9% Mastery just because of the Pandaren racial. That's a lot. And you can choose your stat because you can choose your food. If that isn't amazing!
    A small note: The Pandaren racial is the only one that is negated if you're battle rezzed, though that's not new news, I feel it's often disregarded far too often.

    If a true equalisation between races occurs, I would likely choose undead. The heal has a non-zero chance of saving your life, and if the dps increase is comparable, it makes that a no-brainer outside of trying to cheese a mechanic with a racial.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh


  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Vigilate View Post
    Honestly, there's not really going to be a race that's a head above the others like there has been the past two expansions with Trolls, Pandaren, and Worgen. All the races are currently simulating within about 50 dps of one another. That's a 0.2% difference, at best, when you're dealing ~22.5k at the star of an xpac. If the differences were 1% or greater, min-maxing racials would be more important. Utility racials will probably be larger determiners than dps racials, if anything.

    This is coming from a hardcore raider, play whatever race you like Warlords, because pretty much all the races will be on par with one another, now.
    Agree'd, I'll be going towards my aesthetic preference unless Mal'Ganis gets a free faction transfer
    Armory
    WoW Heros

    Twitch Stream
    Sun-Thurs 6:30-11:30pm CST During progression

  19. #19
    Once you go Troll, you never reroll.
    -== Worgen Rageface makes me laugh ==-

  20. #20
    Troll - anything else is just NPCs.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    not quite Batman

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •