View Poll Results: Best for burst damage.

Voters
170. This poll is closed
  • Rogue (Sub)

12 7.06%
  • Druid (Feral)

25 14.71%
  • Warrior (Arms)

10 5.88%
  • Hunter (MM)

6 3.53%
  • Priest (Sp)

8 4.71%
  • Warlock (Aff)

3 1.76%
  • Paladin (Ret)

27 15.88%
  • Shaman (Enh)/(Ele?)

8 4.71%
  • Dk (Frost)

11 6.47%
  • Mage (Arcane) maybe (Fire/Frost)

60 35.29%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    All I know is spriest won't get voted on
    You don't have surv hunters up there. In PvP I always found surv to be way more power, but that is Wrath and I havn't pvped on my hunter since then. (Yes, I know they are sucking in PvP I am just saying spec wise)

WoW since '06, Army wife since '09, U of MD Law

Deleted
    Elemental Shamans can hit pretty hard.

I think for the most part, anything that can kinda stand around with a full mana bar is going to be able to post some huge numbers & generally kick some ass. With that being said, PvP is rarely like that. Often times the use of CDS or spamming of instants is what wins games and not monster numbers.

I have always enjoyed rogues, they can mess up your rotation pretty bad and stick you with some nasty numbers. Rogues also have very little ramp up time, I can smash someone, leave with full combat points in stealth and Shadowstep my ass to my next target in seconds. Also, being able to open up on someone by surprise with a silence, is tons of fun.

Burst in arena is easily frost mage -> sub rogue -> ret.

Most classes have a decent ammount of burst when you are able to set it up. However, not all classes are designed around it. Most comps are either about constant pressure or control that leads to setting up burst situations.

Very few melee classes are actually designed around burt. They're meant to put pressure when they have a high uptime on their targets. Sub rogues are really the only melee who are like "We have to plan kills around my dance". Not 100% on ret's but I don't see them flooding the ladders so have very little experience playing against them. Their damage is also very very easy to shut down.

The two casters I would actually call BURST classes are frost mage and ele shaman, because they play around waiting for the correct setup with their partner to score a kill. Look at the matchs singularity gaming played against Valrath, Sodah, and Venruki. That first game on RoL Venruki was at like 70% health, retreating to tomb where Sodah was waiting and then just dropped to the burst Novoz put out before he could even block.

Also, when talking about burst you really can't forget about shadowpriests. The constant dot pressure is strong, but their ability to switch to a mindspiked target after re-generating orbs and just gib them can't be ignored.

Arcane mages by far. They are easy to burst down but can dish out 150k+ damage in a matter of seconds.

Lol @ people voting for aff. locks and spriests

Arcane mages if they get to cast.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymie View Post
    All I know is spriest won't get voted on
    You don't have surv hunters up there. In PvP I always found surv to be way more power, but that is Wrath and I havn't pvped on my hunter since then. (Yes, I know they are sucking in PvP I am just saying spec wise)

Survival has the least amount of burst of the hunter specs and is easily the worst pvp spec.

So I take it not more than 6 people have been the target of a human shadowpriest with trinkets popped and 3 orbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Neon View Post
    rogues hit like wet lettuce these days :/
    Rogue with dance up, is probably the highest burst in the game if not CCd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Demo warlock

When a wild forum troll appears

Or Ele shaman. Double 35k lava bursts aren't fun.

Deleted
    I would choose Rogue but with the Unheed Warning nerf..not that much now.
    I would vote Arcane Mage but it's not viable at PvP so I will vote Ret.

Quote Originally Posted by Lythria31 View Post
    Frost DK. Its like a melee arcane mage that doesnt have to worry about silence or fear and wears plate. You just use 3 buttons and rick roll everyone.
    It may be that easy but you don't do that much damage

10+ Year Old Account
    Fights like MajorDomo, ill pull 50k burst on the 1st scorp phase as a mastery demo lock

When a wild forum troll appears

10+ Year Old Account
    Paladins when they can pop all their CDs can be quite painful, but it's fairly easy to counter, and with out CDs we hit like wet noodles.

I'd have to say Mage. Frost can be very strong, and Arcane can be monstrous if left alone.

15+ Year Old Account
    Arcane mages- if they are left alone they will solo Tol Barad for you, BAM BAM BAM dead, tab, BAM BAM BAM dead, tab... obviously they suck in arena though.
    Ele shamans and retri paladins can be nasty. Hunters dont have the best burst but in combination with their control, they rape.

I think feral burst is overrated, I haven't seen a feral rape someone before as bad as half of the classes, peel and win. As a sub rogue shadow dance can give nice damage if you spam ambush, and it is excellent when there are no healers around, but in real PvP situations such as arena you need to sacrifice damage for control, and you may aswell be hitting them with your shoe for all the good it does, 45 min arena stalemates ftl.
    Last edited by xenaros; 2011-08-23 at 10:10 PM.
    The Allies would've definitely lost World War II if the Horde had taken part

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ieft View Post
    Burst in arena is easily frost mage -> sub rogue -> ret.
    It's funny you specifically said "In Arena" because that devalues those 3 choices. A Mage's shatters will be dispelled constantly, taking away a large portion of their damage. A Rogue has much more utility work in Arena, and isn't so much the KB masher. As for Ret? Pally puts on Wings > I silence and strip wings off > Pally goes back to swinging his whiffle-ball bat.

Death Knights can put out constant pressure and are very difficult to peel or CC, Feral is in a similar boat.

Speaking for BGs, Mages are excellent. But it's usually more of a "whittling away" thing, outside of Deep Freeze. You can liken them to Rogues, as Sub is mostly fluff until you Dance.

I voted as if it was done, on a target dummy as such, where you're able to freecast / freehit, without being CC'd or have to chase anyone,

I voted mage, purely because, well, Arcane mage freecasting? cmon!
    And Frost mage Shatter, well, that's where all there damage comes from, so ofcourse it's high burst.

though i'm not saying Ele shams or Feral druids don't do high burst, just, *shudder* mages....